- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Friday 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Friday 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Friday 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Friday 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Friday 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Friday 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Friday 11:49 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s denial of fixing bread prices becomes its own meme Friday 11:10 AM
- Houston Astros get torched with buzzer memes after new revelation Friday 10:41 AM
- Teens are eating cereal out of each other’s mouths for clout Friday 10:34 AM
If you’ve been on Twitter in the past week or so, you may have noticed the term “big dick energy” circulating in your timeline. But what is big dick energy? What does it take to possess big dick energy?
Well, to borrow from another great meme to explain this meme, one does not simply need a big dick to possess big dick energy. Likewise, not everyone with a big dick is necessarily endowed with big dick energy.
Confused? Perhaps it would be best to begin where the meme originated, with the passing of the late, great Anthony Bourdain earlier this month.
we’re talking about how anthony bourdain had big dick energy which is what he would have wanted— vampire workday (@imbobswaget) June 9, 2018
If anyone had big dick energy, it was Bourdain. He was brash, fearless, and exuded confidence out of every pore. In other words, exactly the kind of confidence you associate with a guy who is definitely packing down there. And not to make light of the dead, but I’m betting Bourdain could have put his money where his mouth was in that regard, as well.
It wasn’t the first time the phrase made an appearance on the website, but it definitely picked up steam after that tweet.
“Big dick energy” really exploded in popularity just a few days ago, however, when Twitter user @babyvietcong used it to describe the inexplicable yet also kinda weirdly understandable whirlwind romance and subsequent quickie engagement of Billboard Hot 100 mega pop star Ariana Grande to Saturday Night Live goofball Pete Davidson.
Pete davidson is 6’3 with dark circles, exudes big dick energy, looks evil but apparently is an angel, and loves his girl publicly the only thing wrong w him is that he’s a scorpio but anyway.....id married him within a month too— Teen (@babyvietcong) June 23, 2018
“Pete Davidson is 6’3 with dark circles, exudes big dick energy, looks evil but apparently is an angel, and loves his girl publicly the only thing wrong w him is that he’s a Scorpio but anyway,” she reasoned. “I’d married him within a month too.”
Again, not that size necessarily matters when it comes to big dick energy—but it’s worth pointing out that Grande more or less confirmed the theory in a now-deleted Twitter exchange.
You get it, girl.
Just as having big dick energy doesn’t require a guy to be well endowed, the quality is not even limited to having a dick—as you can see from the way the phrase has been creatively adapted on Twitter.
feel like people are mixing up "big dick energy" and "has a big dick" when actually you do not even need to have a dick to have big dick energy. i have big dick energy. lindsay lohan has big dick energy. rihanna? big dick energy— Emily Reynolds (@rey_z) June 25, 2018
i've only seen like three tweets about big dick energy and i can't claim to be an expert but i do know that cate blanchett has it— ellie (@eleanorbate) June 26, 2018
enough about big dick energy i want some big dick FEMMERGY— sophie bee (@pogform) June 26, 2018
ive had 5 people tell me upon meeting me IRL that they thought i was taller and that, to me, means i have big dick energy— pelin (@meat_and_rice) June 25, 2018
No no I said big dick energy— Mike Drucker (@MikeDrucker) June 26, 2018
*mutes conversation* pic.twitter.com/id5fCkWwcz
Big dick, small dick, no dick, blue dick … if there’s one thing we can probably agree on, though, it’s this:
so glad Big Dick Energy has entered the national conversation— Kath Barbadoro (@kathbarbadoro) June 25, 2018
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.