- Experts warn of uptick in ‘Ryuk’ ransomware after hackers net $3.7 million Wednesday 7:03 PM
- Video game composer boycotts Gillette after anti-toxic masculinity ad Wednesday 6:05 PM
- Steve Carell sitcom ‘Space Force’ heading to Netflix Wednesday 5:30 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘run train’ phrase becomes conservative sex controversy Wednesday 5:25 PM
- ‘Into’ is a reminder that queer businesses can be hurt by straight leaders Wednesday 5:13 PM
- TSA agents are the latest tool in the government shutdown meme war Wednesday 4:22 PM
- YouTube still hosting bestiality images year after crackdown pledge Wednesday 4:13 PM
- YouTuber quits fight after Darth Vader fan film claimed by Disney Wednesday 3:26 PM
- Millions of Fortnite accounts exposed via Epic Games website exploit Wednesday 2:26 PM
- A man found a camera in his Airbnb and the company didn’t seem to care Wednesday 2:00 PM
- A redditor planted an Easter egg in Hulu’s Fyre Fest doc Wednesday 1:51 PM
- This new revelation about Woody from ‘Toy Story’ will blow your mind Wednesday 1:35 PM
- Dave Rubin fails to delete Patreon on livestream to delete Patreon Wednesday 1:14 PM
- The ‘some of y’all… and it shows’ meme is taking over Twitter Wednesday 12:24 PM
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ begins season 2 on a cheerful note Wednesday 11:49 AM
Full disclosure: you don’t actually need to have a big dick.
If you’ve been on Twitter in the past week or so, you may have noticed the term “big dick energy” circulating in your timeline. But what is big dick energy? What does it take to possess big dick energy?
Well, to borrow from another great meme to explain this meme, one does not simply need a big dick to possess big dick energy. Likewise, not everyone with a big dick is necessarily endowed with big dick energy.
Confused? Perhaps it would be best to begin where the meme originated, with the passing of the late, great Anthony Bourdain earlier this month.
we’re talking about how anthony bourdain had big dick energy which is what he would have wanted
— vampire workday (@imbobswaget) June 9, 2018
If anyone had big dick energy, it was Bourdain. He was brash, fearless, and exuded confidence out of every pore. In other words, exactly the kind of confidence you associate with a guy who is definitely packing down there. And not to make light of the dead, but I’m betting Bourdain could have put his money where his mouth was in that regard, as well.
It wasn’t the first time the phrase made an appearance on the website, but it definitely picked up steam after that tweet.
“Big dick energy” really exploded in popularity just a few days ago, however, when Twitter user @babyvietcong used it to describe the inexplicable yet also kinda weirdly understandable whirlwind romance and subsequent quickie engagement of Billboard Hot 100 mega pop star Ariana Grande to Saturday Night Live goofball Pete Davidson.
Pete davidson is 6’3 with dark circles, exudes big dick energy, looks evil but apparently is an angel, and loves his girl publicly the only thing wrong w him is that he’s a scorpio but anyway…..id married him within a month too
— Teen (@babyvietcong) June 23, 2018
“Pete Davidson is 6’3 with dark circles, exudes big dick energy, looks evil but apparently is an angel, and loves his girl publicly the only thing wrong w him is that he’s a Scorpio but anyway,” she reasoned. “I’d married him within a month too.”
Again, not that size necessarily matters when it comes to big dick energy—but it’s worth pointing out that Grande more or less confirmed the theory in a now-deleted Twitter exchange.
You get it, girl.
Just as having big dick energy doesn’t require a guy to be well endowed, the quality is not even limited to having a dick—as you can see from the way the phrase has been creatively adapted on Twitter.
feel like people are mixing up "big dick energy" and "has a big dick" when actually you do not even need to have a dick to have big dick energy. i have big dick energy. lindsay lohan has big dick energy. rihanna? big dick energy
— Emily Reynolds (@rey_z) June 25, 2018
i've only seen like three tweets about big dick energy and i can't claim to be an expert but i do know that cate blanchett has it
— ellie (@eleanorbate) June 26, 2018
enough about big dick energy i want some big dick FEMMERGY
— sophie bee (@pogform) June 26, 2018
ive had 5 people tell me upon meeting me IRL that they thought i was taller and that, to me, means i have big dick energy
— pelin (@meat_and_rice) June 25, 2018
No no I said big dick energy
*mutes conversation* pic.twitter.com/id5fCkWwcz
— Mike Drucker (@MikeDrucker) June 26, 2018
Big dick, small dick, no dick, blue dick … if there’s one thing we can probably agree on, though, it’s this:
so glad Big Dick Energy has entered the national conversation
— Kath Barbadoro (@kathbarbadoro) June 25, 2018
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.