- People are not falling for these ICE ‘propaganda’ photos Today 4:23 PM
- CLIF Bar and KIND Snacks are in a bizarre social media war Today 2:55 PM
- Caillou is how tall? Today 1:32 PM
- No, that video of a Boston Dynamics robot attacking its creators is not real Today 12:40 PM
- Alex Jones places $1 million bounty on culprit who planted child porn on his InfoWars server Today 12:03 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ star’s new Netflix prank show is receiving backlash Today 9:04 AM
- How to watch ‘City on a Hill’ for free Today 8:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Euphoria’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- Meet the home brewer turning beer into a case for net neutrality Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Chile at the World Cup for free Today 6:15 AM
- 15 teen movies on Netflix that will make you laugh, cry, and cringe Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Estrella TV online for free Today 5:00 AM
- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
Pete Davidson posts Instagram photo of him and Ariana Grande in Hogwarts robes
She’s a Slytherin. He’s a Gryffindor. They make it work.
The pair has been linked since Grande’s early May appearance on Saturday Night Live, where Davidson is a cast member, but they hadn’t confirmed their new relationship on social media. It seemed they had some PR to take care of first—with Grande shutting down speculation that she was cruel for leaving ex Mac Miller, and Davidson addressing fan chatter that his mental health made him an unfit boyfriend.
Ultimately, the two do seem to be a couple though, thanks to an Instagram post from Davidson Wednesday afternoon.
“The Chamber of Secrets has been opened…” he joked beneath a photo of he and Grande sporting Hogwarts robes.
It’s clear that Davidson’s decked out in head-to-toe Gryffindor gear, like Harry himself. And while Grande’s robe is a little tougher to discern, she confirmed in a post of her own that she’s a Slytherin:
Between this and Neville Longbottom marrying a fan he met while she was working at the theme park, it’s a big week for Harry Potter-related love stories.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.