- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
- PayPal, GoFundMe cut off armed militia that detains migrants at border Saturday 1:16 PM
- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it Saturday 12:23 PM
- Literary Twitter calls out Dzanc Books for Islamophobic, racist novel Saturday 11:40 AM
- How to watch Crawford vs. Khan online Saturday 10:00 AM
- Beyoncé has 2 more projects coming to Netflix after ‘Homecoming’ Saturday 9:53 AM
- How to watch Danny Garcia vs. Adrian Granados for free Saturday 9:00 AM
- The ‘Feeling Cute Challenge’ turns ugly after correctional officers abuse it Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘How High 2’ for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- Swipe This! My ex-BFF keeps sliding into my DMs, but I don’t want to be friends Saturday 6:30 AM
- Watch ‘I Am Somebody’s Child: The Regina Louise Story’ for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Real Sociedad for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 149 for free Saturday 5:30 AM
Pete Davidson posts Instagram photo of him and Ariana Grande in Hogwarts robes
She’s a Slytherin. He’s a Gryffindor. They make it work.
The pair has been linked since Grande’s early May appearance on Saturday Night Live, where Davidson is a cast member, but they hadn’t confirmed their new relationship on social media. It seemed they had some PR to take care of first—with Grande shutting down speculation that she was cruel for leaving ex Mac Miller, and Davidson addressing fan chatter that his mental health made him an unfit boyfriend.
Ultimately, the two do seem to be a couple though, thanks to an Instagram post from Davidson Wednesday afternoon.
“The Chamber of Secrets has been opened…” he joked beneath a photo of he and Grande sporting Hogwarts robes.
It’s clear that Davidson’s decked out in head-to-toe Gryffindor gear, like Harry himself. And while Grande’s robe is a little tougher to discern, she confirmed in a post of her own that she’s a Slytherin:
Between this and Neville Longbottom marrying a fan he met while she was working at the theme park, it’s a big week for Harry Potter-related love stories.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.