- Spotify will soon let you block R. Kelly Monday 6:01 PM
- New Click to Pray app lets you pray with Pope Francis Monday 5:30 PM
- Social media influencer known for hiking in bikinis dead at 36 Monday 4:54 PM
- Trump posts altered pics on social media to make fingers look longer, report Monday 3:20 PM
- Twitch user banned after telling woman to ‘kill yourself’ during stream Monday 3:06 PM
- Facebook introduces ‘Community Actions’ tool to petition the government Monday 2:04 PM
- Sarah Sanders, NRA deliver truly misguided MLK tributes today Monday 12:58 PM
- MAGA teen who confronted Native elder says he ‘respects all races’ Monday 12:57 PM
- Popular YouTube channel in danger of disappearing because of copyright claims Monday 12:24 PM
- The Krassensteins’ Reddit AMA gets trolled off the internet Monday 12:08 PM
- No, Trump didn’t break open the Pizzagate scandal in 2011 Monday 11:23 AM
- Producer of anti-abortion film says Facebook refuses to run his ads Monday 10:58 AM
- Ja Rule thinks he was also a victim of Fyre Fest Monday 10:21 AM
- YouTube beef between RiceGum and H3H3 gets ugly—and personal Monday 10:02 AM
- ‘Fox & Friends’ accidentally airs obituary graphic for Ruth Bader Ginsburg Monday 9:40 AM
Update June 21, 7:14am CT: Pete Davidson confirmed on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon on Wednesday that he was engaged to Ariana Grande.
— Fallon Tonight (@FallonTonight) June 20, 2018
Well, that was fast.
Ariana Grande and Saturday Night Live star Pete Davidson are engaged after just “several weeks” of being in a relationship, People reported on Monday. A source told People that it’s a “recent engagement.”
“They’re just two people who found love quickly and make each other happy all the time,” the source said. “They both started talking about it this past weekend. It’s nothing they’ve been hiding.”
Over the past month, Grande and Davidson have been publicly flirty on social media and sported matching robes on a romantic getaway to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. But even for a celebrity couple, an engagement seems hasty.
whoever is controlling the ariana grande and pete davidson sims just queued up get to know, chat, get to know, flirt, hug, ask if single, give rose, first kiss, get to know, tell joke, make out, get to know, ask to move in, kiss, woo hoo, propose, and put the game on fast forward
— stephlor stan (@softwarmground) June 11, 2018
On Twitter, fans were celebratory, shocked, and even confused about the news.
news articles: pete davidson and ariana grande are engaged.
— ㅤㅤtavia (@tearfeltari) June 11, 2018
i refuse to make a wedding cake for ariana grande and pete davidson because it is my religious belief that marriage should be between a pop star and her gay fans
— Jill Gutowitz (@jillboard) June 11, 2018
Grande, 24, reportedly broke up with rapper Mac Miller in May, ending what she called a “toxic relationship” that lasted two years. Following the breakup, Miller was charged with a DUI after crashing his car, and Grande called out a Twitter user who blamed her for the incident.
“I am not a babysitter or a mother and no woman should feel that they need to be,” Grande wrote on Twitter at the time. “I have cared for him and tried to support his sobriety & prayed for his balance for years (and always will of course) but shaming / blaming women for a man’s inability to keep his shit together is a very major problem.”
Davidson, also 24, reportedly split from Larry David’s daughter, Cazzie David, in May.
As of the time of writing, neither Grande nor Davidson have confirmed (or denied) that they’re engaged. But shortly after the news broke, Grande tweeted “i love u” followed by monkey emojis.
Here’s to hoping the two enjoy long, happy lives—together or not.
— Nathalia Romano (@NattRoma) June 11, 2018
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.