- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Saturday 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Saturday 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Saturday 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Saturday 10:22 AM
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Saturday 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Saturday 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
Update June 21, 7:14am CT: Pete Davidson confirmed on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon on Wednesday that he was engaged to Ariana Grande.
Well, that was fast.
Ariana Grande and Saturday Night Live star Pete Davidson are engaged after just “several weeks” of being in a relationship, People reported on Monday. A source told People that it’s a “recent engagement.”
“They’re just two people who found love quickly and make each other happy all the time,” the source said. “They both started talking about it this past weekend. It’s nothing they’ve been hiding.”
Over the past month, Grande and Davidson have been publicly flirty on social media and sported matching robes on a romantic getaway to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. But even for a celebrity couple, an engagement seems hasty.
whoever is controlling the ariana grande and pete davidson sims just queued up get to know, chat, get to know, flirt, hug, ask if single, give rose, first kiss, get to know, tell joke, make out, get to know, ask to move in, kiss, woo hoo, propose, and put the game on fast forward— stephlor stan (@softwarmground) June 11, 2018
On Twitter, fans were celebratory, shocked, and even confused about the news.
news articles: pete davidson and ariana grande are engaged.— ㅤㅤtavia (@tearfeltari) June 11, 2018
i refuse to make a wedding cake for ariana grande and pete davidson because it is my religious belief that marriage should be between a pop star and her gay fans— Jill Gutowitz (@jillboard) June 11, 2018
Grande, 24, reportedly broke up with rapper Mac Miller in May, ending what she called a “toxic relationship” that lasted two years. Following the breakup, Miller was charged with a DUI after crashing his car, and Grande called out a Twitter user who blamed her for the incident.
“I am not a babysitter or a mother and no woman should feel that they need to be,” Grande wrote on Twitter at the time. “I have cared for him and tried to support his sobriety & prayed for his balance for years (and always will of course) but shaming / blaming women for a man’s inability to keep his shit together is a very major problem.”
Davidson, also 24, reportedly split from Larry David’s daughter, Cazzie David, in May.
As of the time of writing, neither Grande nor Davidson have confirmed (or denied) that they’re engaged. But shortly after the news broke, Grande tweeted “i love u” followed by monkey emojis.
Here’s to hoping the two enjoy long, happy lives—together or not.
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.