- Trans/Sex: Let trans art be messy, weird, and uncomfortable 3 Months Ago
- Pediatrician gets death threats after pro-vaccine TikTok video Monday 9:37 PM
- This Australia-themed dildo is raising money to fight the bushfires Monday 8:26 PM
- Influencers say they’ve received unwanted sexual solicitations worth thousands Monday 7:39 PM
- Pregnant woman masterfully trolls gender-obsessed relative Monday 3:05 PM
- HBO’s ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ returns from a 2-year break with brand new ways to make you cringe Monday 3:00 PM
- Far-right accused of impersonating antifa online to encourage violence at Richmond rally Monday 1:59 PM
- Second Amendment protesters defend gun rights with truly terrible signs Monday 12:52 PM
- David Lynch surprises fans by dropping Netflix short out of the blue Monday 12:29 PM
- Poop-focused parody of Kent State Gun Girl sparks conservative ire Monday 11:58 AM
- 6-year-old raises $250K for Australian bushfires by making clay koalas Monday 11:31 AM
- What you need to know about Clearview AI and its facial recognition app Monday 10:36 AM
- Apple TV+ gets its first SAG Award while Netflix and Amazon nab 2 each Monday 10:07 AM
- Facebook apologizes for translating Chinese president’s name to ‘Mr. Sh*thole’ Monday 9:45 AM
- New York Times endorses Klobarren for president Monday 8:45 AM
The girl who created a viral TikTok video exposing how Panera makes its mac and cheese is going viral again–this time for tweeting that she lost her job because of it.
“I lost my job for this video,” Twitter user @BriiRamirezz, who goes by @briannaraelenee on TikTok, responded to @UberFacts tweet of the clip.
lol i lost my job for this video https://t.co/0Ao8a4revN— Bri (@BriiRamirezz) October 11, 2019
The short video shows BriiRamirezz walking into the Panera kitchen over to a box of frozen bags of mac and cheese, putting one into boiling water to defrost it, then cutting it open and dumping it out into a bowl. It ends with her flashing a thumbs up to indicate to viewers the cooking process is all done.
BriiRamirezz revealed that Panera found out about the clip after it went viral online and ended up on the local news in her hometown.
it went viral on tik tok and ended up on the news where i live— Bri (@BriiRamirezz) October 12, 2019
Twitter users responded with support and praise for BriiRamirezz, but also noted that they were not at all surprised by how Panera prepares its mac and cheese.
“What’s yo cash app queen?” one supporter questioned.
what’s yo cash app queen— yung dog commercial (@THAT_JUAN_BOY) October 12, 2019
“Ppl actually thought y’all were making fresh macaroni n cheese out back???” one user questioned. “Like how’s this a surprise to ppl?”
ppl actually thought y’all were making fresh macaroni n cheese out back??? like how’s this a surprise to ppl— horsebot3000 (@kvnxmrtn) October 12, 2019
Others expressed disgust with their own personal knowledge of fast food preparation practices.
“Girl I’m not gonna tell you how Taco Bell is made,” one user wrote, along with a queasy-faced emoji.
Now that secret is out of the bag, one Twitter user is imagining how Panera’s executives are handling all the exposure.
Panera Execs after watching the video. pic.twitter.com/BIzckdY064— Thanos Play Cousin (@classy_cutie03) October 12, 2019
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.