- QAnon-touting congressman sneaks ‘Epstein Didn’t Kill Himself’ into tweets Wednesday 7:12 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez met a famous drag queen–and the right melted down Wednesday 6:09 PM
- Woman says Lyft driver tried to kidnap her Wednesday 5:18 PM
- Debunking the right-wing conspiracy theories from today’s impeachment hearing Wednesday 4:29 PM
- Maroon 5 approves of the latest TikTok trend Wednesday 3:54 PM
- ‘One month left in the decade’ meme wants to know what you’ve accomplished Wednesday 3:53 PM
- Facebook Pay is the latest way to send your friends money Wednesday 3:31 PM
- Diving into ‘The Mandalorian’s first big shocker Wednesday 3:17 PM
- Disney+ will allow password sharing—to an extent Wednesday 1:12 PM
- Black server says manager refused to discipline coworkers who sent racist receipt Wednesday 12:47 PM
- Who is Jonah Hauer-King, Disney’s new Prince Eric? Wednesday 12:47 PM
- Cut Katherine Langford ‘Avengers: Endgame’ scene lands on Disney+ Wednesday 12:22 PM
- Planned Parenthood app to show abortion-seeking users their nearest options Wednesday 12:21 PM
- ‘The Imagineering Story’ offers touching insight into Walt Disney’s vision Wednesday 11:57 AM
- YouTube mom who was charged with child abuse dead at 48 Wednesday 11:39 AM
The girl who created a viral TikTok video exposing how Panera makes its mac and cheese is going viral again–this time for tweeting that she lost her job because of it.
“I lost my job for this video,” Twitter user @BriiRamirezz, who goes by @briannaraelenee on TikTok, responded to @UberFacts tweet of the clip.
lol i lost my job for this video https://t.co/0Ao8a4revN— Bri (@BriiRamirezz) October 11, 2019
The short video shows BriiRamirezz walking into the Panera kitchen over to a box of frozen bags of mac and cheese, putting one into boiling water to defrost it, then cutting it open and dumping it out into a bowl. It ends with her flashing a thumbs up to indicate to viewers the cooking process is all done.
BriiRamirezz revealed that Panera found out about the clip after it went viral online and ended up on the local news in her hometown.
it went viral on tik tok and ended up on the news where i live— Bri (@BriiRamirezz) October 12, 2019
Twitter users responded with support and praise for BriiRamirezz, but also noted that they were not at all surprised by how Panera prepares its mac and cheese.
“What’s yo cash app queen?” one supporter questioned.
what’s yo cash app queen— yung dog commercial (@THAT_JUAN_BOY) October 12, 2019
“Ppl actually thought y’all were making fresh macaroni n cheese out back???” one user questioned. “Like how’s this a surprise to ppl?”
ppl actually thought y’all were making fresh macaroni n cheese out back??? like how’s this a surprise to ppl— horsebot3000 (@kvnxmrtn) October 12, 2019
Others expressed disgust with their own personal knowledge of fast food preparation practices.
“Girl I’m not gonna tell you how Taco Bell is made,” one user wrote, along with a queasy-faced emoji.
Now that secret is out of the bag, one Twitter user is imagining how Panera’s executives are handling all the exposure.
Panera Execs after watching the video. pic.twitter.com/BIzckdY064— Thanos Play Cousin (@classy_cutie03) October 12, 2019
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.