- Apple TV+ gets its first SAG Award while Netflix and Amazon nab 2 each 6 Months Ago
- Facebook apologizes for translating Chinese president’s name to ‘Mr. Sh*thole’ 6 Months Ago
- New York Times endorses Klobarren for president Today 8:45 AM
- 6 gift cards that make for the most thoughtful Valentine’s Day gift ideas Today 8:16 AM
- Studio Ghibli films are coming to Netflix—but not for Americans Today 8:13 AM
- Brad Pitt clutching Jennifer Aniston’s hand sparks all the rumors Today 7:47 AM
- The man who sold shares of himself on the internet Today 7:00 AM
- The rise of the conservative ‘mancast’ in a world of changing masculinity Today 6:00 AM
- Amazon’s ‘Troop Zero’ gives the underdog movie a stylized re-do Today 4:20 AM
- No, the first words of Trump’s tweets don’t match up to lyrics of ‘Break My Stride’ Sunday 10:28 PM
- White woman demanding strangers ‘repent’ for Christ sparks conversation on mental illness and racism Sunday 9:27 PM
- Amtrak employee asked a NAACP lawyer to move from her train seat Sunday 7:54 PM
- Billie Eilish fans riot after being referred to as ‘Avocados’ Sunday 4:37 PM
- Beyhive coming for Sainsbury’s supermarket over Ivy Park shade Sunday 3:17 PM
- Antique store blasted for selling ‘white only’ signs Sunday 1:45 PM
Relationships are rarely easy. Apparently, this especially holds true if you happen to be in a committed polyamorous dominant-submissive relationship with three men and two women, who suddenly turn and unionize against you. And then, to add insult to injury, your woes get turned into a meme on top of everything else.
My subs have unionized meme
Three months ago, user dennismiller2024 (or “Dennis the dom,” as his profile states) wrote that things had been going great, and everyone was having sexy, consensual fun at his apartment where the group would hang out nearly every day. As the dom, he noted, there were naturally some ground rules to follow. for instance, his subs were required to call him “master” and there was to be no kissing between subs. Likewise, punishments were doled out in the event that subs did not obey his commands.
“Everything has been great,” he continued, until it was not going great.
I woke up a couple days ago and told one of my subs to get me a cup of coffee. He didn’t do it. I told him that I was going to punish him (public humiliation which can be easily resisted) and he said that he wouldn’t do it. Now, if one of my subs acts like this I break it off with them so I threatened him that I would kick him out of the relationship. The other subs chimed in and said that if I kick him out, they all leave. That’s right; my submissives have unionized.
The group then provided him with a list of demands such as “allow kissing between subs,” however the OP’s attempted negotiations ended in a stalemate. And as a result of the newly-shifted power balance, he felt that the relationship was no longer satisfying and wasn’t sure it ever would be again.
“What should I do?” Dennis finally concluded. “Do I let them get a new dom and leave them? Or do I give into their demands and relinquish some of my power?”
Thankfully, the post was preserved on r/removedreddit, where it existed quietly until just a few days ago.
On July 26, Twitter user @welshsnarker posted the following screenshot of the post’s title, writing: “THIS IMAGE IS SENDING ME.”
THIS IMAGE IS SENDING ME pic.twitter.com/QRXKtgvCK0— robin (@welshsnarker) July 26, 2019
Essentially, the joke takes the same format of the title of the post: “My (age/gender) [blank] (age/gender, age/gender, age/gender, age/gender, age/gender) have unionized.” You can see some various examples below, which riff off of everything from the 2020 Democratic candidates and the Bible to both Netflix series Stranger Things and Neon Genesis Evangelion.
My (26F) candidates for the democratic nomination for president (77M, 70F, 44M, 54F, 76M, 50M, 37M, 67F, 59F, 38F, 54M, 53M, 52F, 58M, 56M, 67M, 46M) have unionized— jessie (@notjessiestwit) July 31, 2019
My (33M) apostles (16M, 16M, 17M, 17M, 18M, 18M, 18M, 20M, 21M, 25M, 29M) have unionized— hammer and sickle on rye (@avantredguard) July 29, 2019
My (48M) Evangelion pilots (14M, 14F, 14F, 14M, 14M) have unionized— progressive knife girl (@ldrinkh20) July 30, 2019
But that was just the tip of the iceberg, and you can see from a handful of other random examples:
My (35M) estranged wife’s (30F) 108 suitors (37M, 25M, 27M, 39M, 32M, 30M, 23M, 29M, 28M, etc) have unionized.— paris martineau (@parismartineau) July 31, 2019
My (f 27) prosthetic legs (1 f, 1 m) have unionized— Sophie (@jil_slander) August 1, 2019
My (38M) gargoyles (1,100M, 1,060M, 1,030M, 1,030M, 1,030M) have unionized.— trans-dimensional disturbance 💫 (@JackSisk0) July 31, 2019
My (10 021F) paladins (25M, 22M, 19M, 18M, 16F) have unionized— SEDNA PROMARE 🔥\O/🔥 (@sednamode) August 1, 2019
My (27F) undergrads (19M, 19F, 21F, 20M, 19M) have unionized— Kelsey 🏳️🌈⚗️🔬 (@advsinchem) July 31, 2019
Above everything else, we can’t stop wondering what became of poor Dennis. Did he relinquish some control? Or did his subs find a new dom? We may never know.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.