- Peloton Husband is worried memes will have ‘repercussions’ for his career 4 Months Ago
- ‘The Mandalorian’ stumbles as it returns to a familiar planet 4 Months Ago
- The best app controlled Christmas lights for the holidays 4 Months Ago
- Go green and save green with solar-powered Christmas lights 4 Months Ago
- Bloomberg on diversity in 2020 race: ‘Don’t complain to me’ Today 12:40 PM
- Midge flaunts the worst side of herself in ‘Marvelous Mrs. Maisel’ season 3 Today 12:17 PM
- Social media companies continue to fail to police fake behavior, study finds Today 10:44 AM
- Despite changes, the YouTube 2019 Rewind video is still massively disliked Today 10:11 AM
- ‘Home for Christmas’ brings a needed sharp edge to Christmas rom-com season Today 10:07 AM
- Joe Biden seemingly called a voter ‘fat’—but his campaign denies it Today 9:30 AM
- The decade in internet scamming Today 9:00 AM
- Bernie Sanders unveils ‘high-speed internet for all’ plan Today 8:59 AM
- Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark’ scores with Christmas-themed ‘A Nasty Piece of Work’ Today 6:00 AM
- West Virginia corrections employees suspended after Nazi salute photo surfaces Thursday 8:02 PM
- Here are the 15 best Eddie Murphy movies available to stream Thursday 7:56 PM
Relationships are rarely easy. Apparently, this especially holds true if you happen to be in a committed polyamorous dominant-submissive relationship with three men and two women, who suddenly turn and unionize against you. And then, to add insult to injury, your woes get turned into a meme on top of everything else.
My subs have unionized meme
Three months ago, user dennismiller2024 (or “Dennis the dom,” as his profile states) wrote that things had been going great, and everyone was having sexy, consensual fun at his apartment where the group would hang out nearly every day. As the dom, he noted, there were naturally some ground rules to follow. for instance, his subs were required to call him “master” and there was to be no kissing between subs. Likewise, punishments were doled out in the event that subs did not obey his commands.
“Everything has been great,” he continued, until it was not going great.
I woke up a couple days ago and told one of my subs to get me a cup of coffee. He didn’t do it. I told him that I was going to punish him (public humiliation which can be easily resisted) and he said that he wouldn’t do it. Now, if one of my subs acts like this I break it off with them so I threatened him that I would kick him out of the relationship. The other subs chimed in and said that if I kick him out, they all leave. That’s right; my submissives have unionized.
The group then provided him with a list of demands such as “allow kissing between subs,” however the OP’s attempted negotiations ended in a stalemate. And as a result of the newly-shifted power balance, he felt that the relationship was no longer satisfying and wasn’t sure it ever would be again.
“What should I do?” Dennis finally concluded. “Do I let them get a new dom and leave them? Or do I give into their demands and relinquish some of my power?”
Thankfully, the post was preserved on r/removedreddit, where it existed quietly until just a few days ago.
On July 26, Twitter user @welshsnarker posted the following screenshot of the post’s title, writing: “THIS IMAGE IS SENDING ME.”
THIS IMAGE IS SENDING ME pic.twitter.com/QRXKtgvCK0— robin (@welshsnarker) July 26, 2019
Essentially, the joke takes the same format of the title of the post: “My (age/gender) [blank] (age/gender, age/gender, age/gender, age/gender, age/gender) have unionized.” You can see some various examples below, which riff off of everything from the 2020 Democratic candidates and the Bible to both Netflix series Stranger Things and Neon Genesis Evangelion.
My (26F) candidates for the democratic nomination for president (77M, 70F, 44M, 54F, 76M, 50M, 37M, 67F, 59F, 38F, 54M, 53M, 52F, 58M, 56M, 67M, 46M) have unionized— jessie (@notjessiestwit) July 31, 2019
My (33M) apostles (16M, 16M, 17M, 17M, 18M, 18M, 18M, 20M, 21M, 25M, 29M) have unionized— hammer and sickle on rye (@avantredguard) July 29, 2019
My (48M) Evangelion pilots (14M, 14F, 14F, 14M, 14M) have unionized— progressive knife girl (@ldrinkh20) July 30, 2019
But that was just the tip of the iceberg, and you can see from a handful of other random examples:
My (35M) estranged wife’s (30F) 108 suitors (37M, 25M, 27M, 39M, 32M, 30M, 23M, 29M, 28M, etc) have unionized.— paris martineau (@parismartineau) July 31, 2019
My (f 27) prosthetic legs (1 f, 1 m) have unionized— Sophie (@jil_slander) August 1, 2019
My (38M) gargoyles (1,100M, 1,060M, 1,030M, 1,030M, 1,030M) have unionized.— trans-dimensional disturbance 💫 (@JackSisk0) July 31, 2019
My (10 021F) paladins (25M, 22M, 19M, 18M, 16F) have unionized— 💛 (@sednamode) August 1, 2019
My (27F) undergrads (19M, 19F, 21F, 20M, 19M) have unionized— Kelsey 🏳️🌈⚗️🔬 (@advsinchem) July 31, 2019
Above everything else, we can’t stop wondering what became of poor Dennis. Did he relinquish some control? Or did his subs find a new dom? We may never know.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.