- A lonely grandma sought family to spend Christmas with on Craigslist Saturday 5:45 PM
- Airbnb bans white supremacists tied to Iron March forum Saturday 5:07 PM
- Did a Twitter user really get tricked into naming baby ‘Jack Ingof’? Saturday 4:46 PM
- State of emergency declared in New Orleans following ‘cyberattack’ Saturday 4:12 PM
- Video shows boy getting beat up–mom says it’s because he wore MAGA hat Saturday 3:54 PM
- Billboard changing albums chart to count YouTube streams Saturday 2:43 PM
- TikTok’s 20 most popular songs of 2019 Saturday 2:14 PM
- Greek gods memes are flooding Reddit thanks to TV reboot rumors Saturday 1:47 PM
- Anti-impeachment protesters aimlessly fumble through halls of Congress Saturday 12:54 PM
- Everything we know so far about the Xbox Series X Saturday 12:17 PM
- ASMR YouTuber Life with MaK says she was branded a ‘Nazi’ by online smear campaign Saturday 10:46 AM
- Voters duped by fake ex-Bloomberg intern’s tweet about being fired Saturday 9:47 AM
- HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ and the fantasy of competence Saturday 8:00 AM
- Cómo ver Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington en el UFC 245 Saturday 7:00 AM
- ‘Penis fish’ memes erupt after worms wash up on California coast Friday 5:58 PM
Wysaski’s hyperrealistic trolling has taken the form of bunk Halloween costumes, erroneous 2015 memories, and bogus Black Friday deals, among many other creations that have delighted the internet while horrifying consumers. His take on the all the weird shit the animal kingdom has to offer is just as spot-on.
It’s hard not to imagine a gaggle of ducks second lining across a pond while stacked-up koalas recreate their own crossing of the Delaware as inaugural U.S. president George Washington.
The evolution of penguins is particularly troubling, though it’s a good thing the flightless bird has proven to be an incredibly woke animal, much like
fire ants spicy boys.
As unbelievable as these animal facts are, Obvious Plant’s recent offerings are leading fans to believe he’s stumbled on something way deeper than parody. Take, for example, his surprising facts about Guy Fieri video.
[Placeholder for https://www.facebook.com/obviousplant/videos/1154468977937192/ video embed.]
As we all know, Flavortown has had a massive air traffic congestion issue since opening its airspace to allow for more than just drone drops of donkey sauce buckets.
If Wysaski’s project is hiding some deep kernels of truth, then best believe I’ll be leaving my cellphone at home so the meerkats don’t get to it.
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.