- ‘Eat Them To Defeat Them’ is oddly about vegetables—not about eating the rich 4 Years Ago
- Marco Rubio mocked for filming talking while driving socialism critique 4 Years Ago
- QAnon believer asks Trump’s campaign press secretary who Q is Today 2:36 PM
- Octavia Spencer has discovered ‘Ma’ memes—and she can’t get enough Today 2:09 PM
- Meet the anti-Greta Thunberg, a climate ‘skeptic’ funded by the oil industry Today 1:12 PM
- Harvey Weinstein convicted of rape and sexual assault Today 12:56 PM
- Senator calls Facebook’s current election disinformation efforts ‘inadequate’ in letter Today 12:11 PM
- The Phillie Phanatic mascot unveils a slimmer makeover Today 11:56 AM
- YouTuber threatened with arrest after rapping about being a girl from Mecca Today 11:55 AM
- Video shows flat-Earther ‘daredevil’ crashing to death after homemade rocket fails Today 11:49 AM
- Cardi B defends Dwyane Wade’s daughter during Instagram Live Today 11:45 AM
- YouTube briefly shuts down beloved ‘lofi hip hop radio’ channel, launching a new meme Today 11:42 AM
- Neil deGrasse Tyson points out that Elsa from ‘Frozen’ has ‘horse-sized eyeballs’ Today 10:58 AM
- Republicans as Sanders rises: Watch out, we may vote for Trump Today 10:54 AM
- Amazon series ‘Hunters’ criticized by Auschwitz Memorial over fictionalized scene Today 10:45 AM
Wysaski’s hyperrealistic trolling has taken the form of bunk Halloween costumes, erroneous 2015 memories, and bogus Black Friday deals, among many other creations that have delighted the internet while horrifying consumers. His take on the all the weird shit the animal kingdom has to offer is just as spot-on.
It’s hard not to imagine a gaggle of ducks second lining across a pond while stacked-up koalas recreate their own crossing of the Delaware as inaugural U.S. president George Washington.
The evolution of penguins is particularly troubling, though it’s a good thing the flightless bird has proven to be an incredibly woke animal, much like
fire ants spicy boys.
As unbelievable as these animal facts are, Obvious Plant’s recent offerings are leading fans to believe he’s stumbled on something way deeper than parody. Take, for example, his surprising facts about Guy Fieri video.
[Placeholder for https://www.facebook.com/obviousplant/videos/1154468977937192/ video embed.]
As we all know, Flavortown has had a massive air traffic congestion issue since opening its airspace to allow for more than just drone drops of donkey sauce buckets.
If Wysaski’s project is hiding some deep kernels of truth, then best believe I’ll be leaving my cellphone at home so the meerkats don’t get to it.
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.