- 7 best sites for psychic love readings 3 Years Ago
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs 3 Years Ago
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Today 12:26 PM
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish Today 12:11 PM
- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ Today 11:51 AM
- Report: ‘Stranger Things’ season 4 to begin shooting in October Today 11:03 AM
- AT&T paid Michael Cohen to consult on net neutrality, FBI documents show Today 9:10 AM
- Mysterio’s ruse changes on a second viewing of ‘Far From Home’ Today 9:06 AM
- Twitter overturns Barrett Brown’s third permanent suspension Today 8:49 AM
- How to live stream Liga MX Today 7:56 AM
- The QBaby’s parents are already trying to profit off their kid’s fame Today 7:45 AM
- How do 4DX movies work? Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Terminator 2’s John Connor will return for ‘Terminator: Dark Fate’ Today 6:41 AM
- What are all these ‘Game of Thrones’ fans supposed to do now? Today 6:00 AM
- The new ‘Cats’ trailer is here to make you want to claw your eyes out Thursday 7:59 PM
Driving our planet into a man-made hellfire has made it difficult for discovery. Sure, there’s the occasional news item of a spider being named after David Bowie or an erudite cave beetle named after Hitler. Rarely is the animal kingdom disrupted, though.
As of this writing, the petition was a mere 12 supporters away from reaching its 1,500 benchmark, which will automatically turn into a far larger goal, because Change.org is a fickle beast. Nonetheless, spicy boys have inspired incredible support from animal advocates, including hardcore band Such Gold.
In addition to “spicy boys” being the only logical name for such a creature, supporters point to just how fucking woke spicy boys are, signaling an unprecedented advent of progress in the animal kingdom.
“I believe that it is our responsibility as the younger generation to look after our world for both our futures and the future generations after us. Part of this improvment plan will be making sure our animals are happy and safe. Recently the fire ants have been speaking to me about their discomfort with the name ‘fire ant’ as it gives them disphoria and we should respect their decision to be called ‘Spicy Boys,'” the Change.org letter reads.
“There are 36 genders, furrys and bronys are active members of our community, there is a rising possibility of bay blade becoming an olympic sport, why can we have this but we can’t our spicy boys.”
Listen to the people, Obamas and nerdy guy who founded Facebook. And, most importantly, listen to the fire ants.
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.