- The trailer for the final episodes of ‘Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt’ is here Today 1:52 AM
- Guy gets roasted for throwing razor in the toilet to protest Gillette Wednesday 9:23 PM
- Experts warn of uptick in ‘Ryuk’ ransomware after hackers net $3.7 million Wednesday 7:03 PM
- Video game composer boycotts Gillette after anti-toxic masculinity ad Wednesday 6:05 PM
- Steve Carell sitcom ‘Space Force’ heading to Netflix Wednesday 5:30 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘run train’ phrase becomes conservative sex controversy Wednesday 5:25 PM
- ‘Into’ is a reminder that queer businesses can be hurt by straight leaders Wednesday 5:13 PM
- TSA agents are the latest tool in the government shutdown meme war Wednesday 4:22 PM
- YouTube still hosting bestiality images year after crackdown pledge Wednesday 4:13 PM
- YouTuber quits fight after Darth Vader fan film claimed by Disney Wednesday 3:26 PM
- Millions of Fortnite accounts exposed via Epic Games website exploit Wednesday 2:26 PM
- A man found a camera in his Airbnb and the company didn’t seem to care Wednesday 2:00 PM
- A redditor planted an Easter egg in Hulu’s Fyre Fest doc Wednesday 1:51 PM
- This new revelation about Woody from ‘Toy Story’ will blow your mind Wednesday 1:35 PM
- Dave Rubin fails to delete Patreon on livestream to delete Patreon Wednesday 1:14 PM
Driving our planet into a man-made hellfire has made it difficult for discovery. Sure, there’s the occasional news item of a spider being named after David Bowie or an erudite cave beetle named after Hitler. Rarely is the animal kingdom disrupted, though.
As of this writing, the petition was a mere 12 supporters away from reaching its 1,500 benchmark, which will automatically turn into a far larger goal, because Change.org is a fickle beast. Nonetheless, spicy boys have inspired incredible support from animal advocates, including hardcore band Such Gold.
In addition to “spicy boys” being the only logical name for such a creature, supporters point to just how fucking woke spicy boys are, signaling an unprecedented advent of progress in the animal kingdom.
“I believe that it is our responsibility as the younger generation to look after our world for both our futures and the future generations after us. Part of this improvment plan will be making sure our animals are happy and safe. Recently the fire ants have been speaking to me about their discomfort with the name ‘fire ant’ as it gives them disphoria and we should respect their decision to be called ‘Spicy Boys,'” the Change.org letter reads.
“There are 36 genders, furrys and bronys are active members of our community, there is a rising possibility of bay blade becoming an olympic sport, why can we have this but we can’t our spicy boys.”
Listen to the people, Obamas and nerdy guy who founded Facebook. And, most importantly, listen to the fire ants.
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.