- Minions memes are more popular than the far-right on Telegram 9 Months Ago
- ‘Best of Nextdoor’ reveals the true insanity of modern life 9 Months Ago
- How to watch ‘Jeopardy’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- There’s a water bottle hiding in the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Today 6:46 AM
- What happens to Disney’s Loki TV series after ‘Avengers: Endgame’? Today 6:30 AM
- Brienne writing Jaime’s history is the best meme from the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Today 6:25 AM
- How to stream live TV on PlayStation 4 Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Disney XD online for free Today 5:30 AM
- Who survived the ‘Game of Thrones’ series finale? Sunday 10:21 PM
- Justin Bieber fans are damaging one of Iceland’s top tourist spots Sunday 1:28 PM
- James Charles drops 41-minute response video to Tati Westbrook’s accusations Sunday 1:15 PM
- Watch what happens when this Twitch streamer quits his job on camera Sunday 12:25 PM
- Men are finally sharing their abortion stories Sunday 10:58 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Maria’ is a trigger-happy B-movie Sunday 9:07 AM
- How to stream Money in the Bank 2019 for free Sunday 9:00 AM
Anna Hanks/Flickr (CC-BY)
The older Keanu Reeves gets, the more the internet falls in love with him. And the latest news—coincidentally posted on Twitter the day of his 54th birthday—seems to underscore why.
According to KTVU, Jarrod Camara and Leslie Walker were set to get married in Santa Cruz, California, when one of their guests happened upon Reeves in the hotel bar.
Both apparently were big enough fans that they interrupted one of the most important moments of their lives to snap of a most-excellent photo with the star of John Wick. The snapshot turned out fantastic.
“He was so sweet!” ❤️ Darlette’s son Jarrod 🤵is a big #KeanuReeves fan. Look 👀 who happened to be at their wedding 👰🏽 venue! PS: (Darlette told me she’s amazed at the 15 mins of fame!) 😊 pic.twitter.com/gicNRNOyVf
— Dion Lim (@DionLimTV) September 3, 2018
The story, it seems, was simple. Reeves, clad in his motorcycle gear, was hanging out at a hotel bar when one of Camara’s groomsmen spotted him. The groomsman told the couple, and as they were walking to the ceremony, they decided to take a quick detour to find Reeves.
“To have him there was just the icing on the cake so to speak,” Camara’s mother, Darlette, told ABC 7 News. “I was just like, ‘I can’t believe it’s Keanu Reeves, right there.’ He was just so sweet, the nicest person. We walked in, he was in his motorcycle gear having a drink and coffee or whatever and we interrupted him and he was so gracious.”
Unsurprisingly, the news made its way to the r/KeanuBeingAwesome subreddit, where more than 350 people weighed in with just how awesome Reeves was being. One apparent wedding attendee, a redditor named TracyTorque14, wrote, “My bf also got to shake his hand and thank him for all the hard work he puts into his movies. Needless to say these two will be married forever.”
Some internet observers wondered if Reeves had crashed the wedding, but a few other redditors who said they attended the nuptials said that wasn’t the case. One wrote, “It was more like we crashed his lunch with friends that was at the same venue, and he was a good enough sport to take a picture with the bride and groom. Keanu was super cool and seemed generally pumped about it. Our friends who got married minutes later were definitely pumped!”
- 7 things you didn’t know about Sad Keanu
- ‘Bill & Ted’ sequel is finally happening
- What we know so far about ‘John Wick: Chapter 3’
Yep, everybody seemed super pumped in the photo. And on that day for that one moment, at least, Sad Keanu was nowhere to be found.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.