- Amazon’s facial recognition misidentified Boston athletes as criminals 5 Months Ago
- Trump sparks outrage by calling impeachment ‘lynching’ 5 Months Ago
- Rose Tico returns in the final ‘Rise of Skywalker’ trailer 5 Months Ago
- Pokémon Go player fatally shot after witnessing robbery Today 8:05 AM
- How to watch ‘Doc Martin’ Today 8:00 AM
- Review: The Outer Worlds is so much more than ‘Fallout in space’ Today 8:00 AM
- Even Jack Burkman’s clients don’t want anything to do with his pro-Trump smears Today 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘My Life Is Murder’ Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Galatasaray in the Champions League Today 2:00 AM
- How to stream Atletico Madrid vs. Bayer Leverkusen in the Champions League Monday 11:00 PM
- Russian bots targeting Joe Biden on Instagram Monday 10:04 PM
- TikTok takes down 2 dozen ISIS accounts being used for recruitment Monday 9:38 PM
- British judge refuses to delay WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange’s extradition hearing Monday 8:01 PM
- Indicted Giuliani associate Lev Parnas’ private Instagram filled with Trump connections Monday 7:22 PM
- ‘Bomboclaat’ is the new ‘sco pa tu manaa’ Monday 7:00 PM
A creepy, viral sorority video from 2016 is making its rounds on Twitter again, and a sinister-looking photo of Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump has turned into a meme this week. Real life is beginning to look a lot like a horror movie.
“Between this and that terrifying sorority video, I’ve been getting a lot of great inspiration recently,” Peele tweeted in response to a news outlet posting the creepy photo of Trump and Kushner.
Between this and that terrifying sorority video, I’ve been getting a lot of great inspiration recently. https://t.co/QMEmYlPQDr— Jordan Peele (@JordanPeele) June 4, 2019
The sorority video originally went viral in 2016 when the internet decided to collectively dunk on recruitment videos. While others were pretty cringeworthy, the one made by the University of Texas at Austin’s chapter of Alpha Delta Pi proved to be downright scary.
The video is so haunting that it has resurged in popularity because “there’s still no video more terrifying than this,” a Twitter user proclaimed.
The post garnered more than 200,000 likes in two days and brought in a fresh slate of memes.
if you want to watch a horror movie but can't decide what to watch just search "sorority chants" on youtube you're welcome— malik (@notsogosling) June 2, 2019
@JordanPeele you know what to do— malik (@notsogosling) June 2, 2019
Nobody:— josie (@jjoossiieee) June 4, 2019
White Sorority Girls:pic.twitter.com/2hNmq2KjlA
After describing the scene as “an inside look at hell,” the user tagged Peele in a tweet along with the foreboding message, “you know what to do.”
Only 24 hours later, more frightening content began making its rounds on the internet. Further proving that the Trumps’ trip to the U.K. is a meme goldmine, a creepy photo of Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner watching Trump’s official welcome from Buckingham Palace went viral.
Many noted that the couple looks like a horror scene, straight out of The Shining.
I added the photo of Jared and Ivanka looking out the window to a collage of V.C. Andrews novel covers and honestly it blends in really well. pic.twitter.com/DKDTSMiPwg— Geraldine (@everywhereist) June 4, 2019
Jared and Ivanka look like the child ghosts from The Others. pic.twitter.com/OpoucuWBWd— Pete Stegemeyer (@itspeterj) June 4, 2019
If Peele’s tweet is any indication, it looks like the next iconic horror film could possibly be inspired by a meme.
- Trump’s U.K. trip is a meme goldmine
- Jared Kushner struggles to defend Trump’s birtherism
- Jordan Peele’s ‘Us’ is already a meme gold mine
- How to watch ‘Twilight Zone’ for free
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Alyse Stanley is a video game and culture reporter based in Virginia with words at Polygon and USGamer. When she’s not writing about memes, she edits Unwinnable’s monthly magazine. You can follow her on Twitter @pithyalyse.