- Andrew Yang upset porn fans with his criticism of Bing Tuesday 10:34 PM
- Kamala Harris really wants Trump kicked off Twitter Tuesday 10:22 PM
- Bernie Sanders jokes he didn’t use medical marijuana before tonight’s debate Tuesday 9:47 PM
- Tulsi Gabbard says she’s not a Russian asset—which is just what a Russian asset would say Tuesday 9:20 PM
- Warren says she doesn’t have a ‘beef with billionaires’ Tuesday 8:59 PM
- Andrew Yang’s Universal Basic Income plan gets support from other candidates Tuesday 8:40 PM
- Christmas creep is real, and it’s all over Tom Steyer’s neck Tuesday 8:05 PM
- Stans are using pictures of Beyoncé to catfish sugar daddies Tuesday 7:18 PM
- Wait, who the heck is Tom Steyer? Tuesday 7:17 PM
- Teacher caught on video in racist rant put on leave without pay Tuesday 5:44 PM
- Pornhub pulls Girls Do Porn videos amid sex trafficking charges Tuesday 4:49 PM
- Gina Rodriguez sings N-word on Instagram story Tuesday 4:41 PM
- Trump Jr. mocked for Hunter Biden tweet about profiting from dad’s name Tuesday 3:58 PM
- All the holiday movies and shows coming to Netflix in 2019 Tuesday 3:48 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 7: The QB blues Tuesday 3:29 PM
Restaurateur and food television personality Guy Fieri appears to be teasing a remix of Lil Nas X’s breakout song “Old Town Road” on Twitter.
Unprompted, Thursday evening Fieri tweeted out photoshopped artwork of “Old Town Road” featuring himself riding one of the horses in the single art and asking if it was too late to hop on a remix. Lil Nas X quickly took note and assured Fieri that the opportunity was indeed still open.
“it’s never too late for u legend,” Lil Nas X wrote back.
it’s never too late for u legend https://t.co/oqTlRvf9zt— nope (@LilNasX) June 7, 2019
Afterward, Fieri replied with his take on the cover art for “Panini,” an unreleased track that Lil Nas X has teased snippets of before.
In addition to the Billy Ray Cyrus remix which propelled “Old Town Road” back onto the Billboard charts, a Fieri feature would really add to the song’s already impressive resume.
Apparently, the crossover appeal for Fieri and Lil Nas X is a lot higher than you’d expect as fans of both figures showed their support of the collab through memes and possible lyrics.
top 10 anime crossovers— Louielulu (@louielulu69) June 7, 2019
Eating on a horse, ha— Derek Green (@derekgreen94) June 7, 2019
Spicy like a torch
Eatin hidden valley
Tryna lower all that scorch, now
I'm gonna take my ass to the old diner— ryan. (@Legitlyy) June 7, 2019
And yes, Lil Nas X is self-aware of the fact that he’s known entirely for his hit single.
me when my label tells me i have to release songs other than new versions of old town road pic.twitter.com/9joAZRh9kB— nope (@LilNasX) May 25, 2019
However, that soon might change. Wednesday, Lil Nas X posted a cryptic tweet only containing today’s date, June 7. He immediately followed up with another tweet saying that this was not a release date.
june 7th— nope (@LilNasX) June 5, 2019
- Lil Nas X drops ‘Old Town Road’ on unsuspecting elementary school—and the kids lose it
- Guy Fieri’s goatee dons this seriously disturbing one-piece swimsuit
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Ignacio Martinez is a journalism student at the University of Texas at Austin and an intern at the Daily Dot. His work has appeared in the Texas Observer and on the airwaves at KVRX 91.7 FM.