- Inside the pornographic video game that took Kickstarter by storm 2 Weeks Ago
- Why everyone wants to debate AOC, and no one wants to debate Ilhan Omar Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Trvl Channel online for free Today 5:30 AM
- Are we going to get a ‘Community’ movie on Netflix? Sunday 2:46 PM
- Social networking site Ravelry bans all posts that are supportive of Trump and his administration Sunday 2:07 PM
- YouTube is testing hiding its comments section Sunday 1:23 PM
- Think you have what it takes to be Beyoncé’s assistant for the day? Sunday 1:02 PM
- Facebook co-founder warns against Libra, the company’s new cryptocurrency Sunday 12:04 PM
- Missing YouTuber Etika’s belongings found alongside bridge Sunday 9:16 AM
- What is #sayfie and why do Floridians use it so much? Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch WWE Stomping Grounds for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- Trump tweets nightmarish video of himself being president ‘4EVA’ Saturday 3:15 PM
- The internet cannot believe how this zoo conducts its ‘escaped lion drill’ Saturday 1:39 PM
- Spotify wants to take back money from ‘overpaid’ songwriters, publishers Saturday 12:35 PM
- Mac from ‘It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia’ finally got to play catch with Chase Utley Saturday 11:23 AM
Restaurateur and food television personality Guy Fieri appears to be teasing a remix of Lil Nas X’s breakout song “Old Town Road” on Twitter.
Unprompted, Thursday evening Fieri tweeted out photoshopped artwork of “Old Town Road” featuring himself riding one of the horses in the single art and asking if it was too late to hop on a remix. Lil Nas X quickly took note and assured Fieri that the opportunity was indeed still open.
“it’s never too late for u legend,” Lil Nas X wrote back.
it’s never too late for u legend https://t.co/oqTlRvf9zt
— nope (@LilNasX) June 7, 2019
Afterward, Fieri replied with his take on the cover art for “Panini,” an unreleased track that Lil Nas X has teased snippets of before.
— Guy Fieri (@GuyFieri) June 7, 2019
In addition to the Billy Ray Cyrus remix which propelled “Old Town Road” back onto the Billboard charts, a Fieri feature would really add to the song’s already impressive resume.
Apparently, the crossover appeal for Fieri and Lil Nas X is a lot higher than you’d expect as fans of both figures showed their support of the collab through memes and possible lyrics.
top 10 anime crossovers
— Louielulu (@louielulu69) June 7, 2019
Eating on a horse, ha
Spicy like a torch
Eatin hidden valley
Tryna lower all that scorch, now
— Derek Green (@derekgreen94) June 7, 2019
I'm gonna take my ass to the old diner
— ryan. (@Legitlyy) June 7, 2019
And yes, Lil Nas X is self-aware of the fact that he’s known entirely for his hit single.
me when my label tells me i have to release songs other than new versions of old town road pic.twitter.com/9joAZRh9kB
— nope (@LilNasX) May 25, 2019
However, that soon might change. Wednesday, Lil Nas X posted a cryptic tweet only containing today’s date, June 7. He immediately followed up with another tweet saying that this was not a release date.
— nope (@LilNasX) June 5, 2019
- Lil Nas X drops ‘Old Town Road’ on unsuspecting elementary school—and the kids lose it
- Guy Fieri’s goatee dons this seriously disturbing one-piece swimsuit
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Ignacio Martinez is a journalism student at the University of Texas at Austin and an intern at the Daily Dot. His work has appeared in the Texas Observer and on the airwaves at KVRX 91.7 FM.