- The ultimate cord-cutting guide for bilingual families Today 5:00 AM
- Boys’ sleepovers vs. girls’ sleepovers meme takes stereotypes to absurd heights Tuesday 7:30 PM
- Petition wants Keanu Reeves to be named ‘Time Person of the Year’ Tuesday 6:33 PM
- 8 women accuse Max Landis of sexual, emotional abuse Tuesday 5:37 PM
- Taylor Swift accused of copying Beyoncé—again Tuesday 5:00 PM
- Everything you need to know about Libra, Facebook’s new cryptocurrency Tuesday 4:45 PM
- Netflix just renewed ‘Queer Eye’ for 2 more seasons Tuesday 4:32 PM
- YouTube’s queen of failed robots just unveiled a one-of-a-kind Tesla truck Tuesday 3:58 PM
- AOC infuriates conservatives with ‘concentration camps’ remark Tuesday 3:33 PM
- TikTok users explore identity with Lin Manuel Miranda-inspired meme Tuesday 3:24 PM
- TikTok apology video inspires new duet meme Tuesday 2:51 PM
- Man sues brewery after identifying as female to get beer discount Tuesday 2:31 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Hulu in July 2019 Tuesday 2:22 PM
- This biotech company’s logo is almost straight out of Resident Evil Tuesday 1:26 PM
- Trump says mass deportations to start next week Tuesday 12:28 PM
Restaurateur and food television personality Guy Fieri appears to be teasing a remix of Lil Nas X’s breakout song “Old Town Road” on Twitter.
Unprompted, Thursday evening Fieri tweeted out photoshopped artwork of “Old Town Road” featuring himself riding one of the horses in the single art and asking if it was too late to hop on a remix. Lil Nas X quickly took note and assured Fieri that the opportunity was indeed still open.
“it’s never too late for u legend,” Lil Nas X wrote back.
it’s never too late for u legend https://t.co/oqTlRvf9zt
— nope (@LilNasX) June 7, 2019
Afterward, Fieri replied with his take on the cover art for “Panini,” an unreleased track that Lil Nas X has teased snippets of before.
— Guy Fieri (@GuyFieri) June 7, 2019
In addition to the Billy Ray Cyrus remix which propelled “Old Town Road” back onto the Billboard charts, a Fieri feature would really add to the song’s already impressive resume.
Apparently, the crossover appeal for Fieri and Lil Nas X is a lot higher than you’d expect as fans of both figures showed their support of the collab through memes and possible lyrics.
top 10 anime crossovers
— Louielulu (@louielulu69) June 7, 2019
Eating on a horse, ha
Spicy like a torch
Eatin hidden valley
Tryna lower all that scorch, now
— Derek Green (@derekgreen94) June 7, 2019
I'm gonna take my ass to the old diner
— ryan. (@Legitlyy) June 7, 2019
And yes, Lil Nas X is self-aware of the fact that he’s known entirely for his hit single.
me when my label tells me i have to release songs other than new versions of old town road pic.twitter.com/9joAZRh9kB
— nope (@LilNasX) May 25, 2019
However, that soon might change. Wednesday, Lil Nas X posted a cryptic tweet only containing today’s date, June 7. He immediately followed up with another tweet saying that this was not a release date.
— nope (@LilNasX) June 5, 2019
- Lil Nas X drops ‘Old Town Road’ on unsuspecting elementary school—and the kids lose it
- Guy Fieri’s goatee dons this seriously disturbing one-piece swimsuit
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Ignacio Martinez is a journalism student at the University of Texas at Austin and an intern at the Daily Dot. His work has appeared in the Texas Observer and on the airwaves at KVRX 91.7 FM.