- Why Joe Biden has big Jeb Bush energy 2 Months Ago
- Trump quotes conspiracy theorist saying he’s the ‘second coming of God’ Today 9:04 AM
- Parkland teens announce massive gun reform proposal Today 9:04 AM
- Here’s how you can get a free palm reading online Today 8:48 AM
- ‘The Matrix 4’ is happening with Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss Today 7:17 AM
- Fantasy football 2019: Your team-by-team NFC preview Today 7:00 AM
- The 10 best science podcasts to teach you about our world Today 6:00 AM
- How to make sure you have access to every Instagram filter Today 6:00 AM
- Trump accuses Jewish Democrats of having ‘great disloyalty’ or a ‘lack of knowledge’ Tuesday 8:02 PM
- 1 million ‘anonymous’ users of popular porn site exposed in breach Tuesday 6:56 PM
- Khloé Kardashian angers followers with a calorie-counting joke about True Tuesday 6:14 PM
- Spider-Man may no longer be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe Tuesday 5:28 PM
- Robert De Niro’s company is suing ex-employee for binge-watching Netflix at work Tuesday 4:41 PM
- Intentionally misgendering a character could get you banned from Borderlands 3 Tuesday 4:06 PM
- Facebook pulls Trump re-election ad for targeting ‘strong women’ Tuesday 4:03 PM
Restaurateur and food television personality Guy Fieri appears to be teasing a remix of Lil Nas X’s breakout song “Old Town Road” on Twitter.
Unprompted, Thursday evening Fieri tweeted out photoshopped artwork of “Old Town Road” featuring himself riding one of the horses in the single art and asking if it was too late to hop on a remix. Lil Nas X quickly took note and assured Fieri that the opportunity was indeed still open.
“it’s never too late for u legend,” Lil Nas X wrote back.
it’s never too late for u legend https://t.co/oqTlRvf9zt— nope (@LilNasX) June 7, 2019
Afterward, Fieri replied with his take on the cover art for “Panini,” an unreleased track that Lil Nas X has teased snippets of before.
In addition to the Billy Ray Cyrus remix which propelled “Old Town Road” back onto the Billboard charts, a Fieri feature would really add to the song’s already impressive resume.
Apparently, the crossover appeal for Fieri and Lil Nas X is a lot higher than you’d expect as fans of both figures showed their support of the collab through memes and possible lyrics.
top 10 anime crossovers— Louielulu (@louielulu69) June 7, 2019
Eating on a horse, ha— Derek Green (@derekgreen94) June 7, 2019
Spicy like a torch
Eatin hidden valley
Tryna lower all that scorch, now
I'm gonna take my ass to the old diner— ryan. (@Legitlyy) June 7, 2019
And yes, Lil Nas X is self-aware of the fact that he’s known entirely for his hit single.
me when my label tells me i have to release songs other than new versions of old town road pic.twitter.com/9joAZRh9kB— nope (@LilNasX) May 25, 2019
However, that soon might change. Wednesday, Lil Nas X posted a cryptic tweet only containing today’s date, June 7. He immediately followed up with another tweet saying that this was not a release date.
june 7th— nope (@LilNasX) June 5, 2019
- Lil Nas X drops ‘Old Town Road’ on unsuspecting elementary school—and the kids lose it
- Guy Fieri’s goatee dons this seriously disturbing one-piece swimsuit
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Ignacio Martinez is a journalism student at the University of Texas at Austin and an intern at the Daily Dot. His work has appeared in the Texas Observer and on the airwaves at KVRX 91.7 FM.