- What is the TikTok drink and can you still get it? Thursday 9:27 PM
- “Party, Party, Party” TikTok meme grapples with party culture Thursday 8:43 PM
- Baby Yoda was just added to Sims 4 Thursday 7:54 PM
- Religious conservatives petition Netflix to pull ‘gay Jesus’ Christmas comedy Thursday 7:19 PM
- Kylie Jenner criticized for yet another expensive car post Thursday 5:57 PM
- Apex Legends became a major Pornhub search in 2019 Thursday 5:15 PM
- CBS accidentally interviewed InfoWars host as regular Trump supporter Thursday 4:31 PM
- TLC accused of fatphobia, fetishization with show about ‘mixed-weight’ couples Thursday 3:41 PM
- Betting odds show KSI could fight FaZe Sensei, Jake Paul, or Justin Bieber next Thursday 3:20 PM
- Nick Cannon releases another thirsty Eminem diss track Thursday 2:59 PM
- Dogs at polling stations are helping bark out the vote in the U.K. Thursday 1:00 PM
- Streamers dominated Pornhub searches in 2019 Thursday 12:59 PM
- Pro and anti-boot factions emerge in wake of ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ trailer Thursday 12:31 PM
- The ‘Rise of Skywalker’ press tour has turned into a rehash of ‘The Last Jedi’ Thursday 12:18 PM
- What’s in a TikTok username? Thursday 12:00 PM
Restaurateur and food television personality Guy Fieri appears to be teasing a remix of Lil Nas X’s breakout song “Old Town Road” on Twitter.
Unprompted, Thursday evening Fieri tweeted out photoshopped artwork of “Old Town Road” featuring himself riding one of the horses in the single art and asking if it was too late to hop on a remix. Lil Nas X quickly took note and assured Fieri that the opportunity was indeed still open.
“it’s never too late for u legend,” Lil Nas X wrote back.
it’s never too late for u legend https://t.co/oqTlRvf9zt— nope (@LilNasX) June 7, 2019
Afterward, Fieri replied with his take on the cover art for “Panini,” an unreleased track that Lil Nas X has teased snippets of before.
In addition to the Billy Ray Cyrus remix which propelled “Old Town Road” back onto the Billboard charts, a Fieri feature would really add to the song’s already impressive resume.
Apparently, the crossover appeal for Fieri and Lil Nas X is a lot higher than you’d expect as fans of both figures showed their support of the collab through memes and possible lyrics.
top 10 anime crossovers— Louielulu (@louielulu69) June 7, 2019
Eating on a horse, ha— Derek Green (@derekgreen94) June 7, 2019
Spicy like a torch
Eatin hidden valley
Tryna lower all that scorch, now
I'm gonna take my ass to the old diner— ryan. (@Legitlyy) June 7, 2019
And yes, Lil Nas X is self-aware of the fact that he’s known entirely for his hit single.
me when my label tells me i have to release songs other than new versions of old town road pic.twitter.com/9joAZRh9kB— nope (@LilNasX) May 25, 2019
However, that soon might change. Wednesday, Lil Nas X posted a cryptic tweet only containing today’s date, June 7. He immediately followed up with another tweet saying that this was not a release date.
june 7th— nope (@LilNasX) June 5, 2019
- Lil Nas X drops ‘Old Town Road’ on unsuspecting elementary school—and the kids lose it
- Guy Fieri’s goatee dons this seriously disturbing one-piece swimsuit
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Ignacio Martinez is a journalism student at the University of Texas at Austin and an intern at the Daily Dot. His work has appeared in the Texas Observer and on the airwaves at KVRX 91.7 FM.