- Florida city is pushing homeless people out by playing ‘Baby Shark’ on a loop Wednesday 7:27 PM
- A ‘Gossip Girl’ reboot is coming to HBO Max–and fans are not happy with the casting details Wednesday 6:44 PM
- Beto can’t leverage his slave owner ancestry to gain Black voters’ trust Wednesday 5:51 PM
- Oakland to become the third U.S. city to ban facial recognition Wednesday 5:50 PM
- ‘Release the Snyder Cut’ billboards pop up outside of San Diego Comic-Con Wednesday 5:24 PM
- Iggy Azalea and Peppa Pig have an epic Twitter fight Wednesday 4:39 PM
- Should you be concerned about your privacy on FaceApp? Wednesday 4:15 PM
- Google ‘terminates’ Dragonfly, its censored search engine for China Wednesday 3:33 PM
- AOC rips Facebook during Libra House hearing Wednesday 3:14 PM
- The time traveler conversation meme finds its way to TikTok Wednesday 2:52 PM
- Grimes claims she had an ‘experimental’ eye surgery and practices sword fighting Wednesday 2:42 PM
- 70 Border Patrol employees under investigation for posts in secret Facebook group Wednesday 1:45 PM
- Republican’s Operation Safe Return criticized as cover for mass deporation Wednesday 1:42 PM
- ‘Chernobyl’ star Jared Harris is concerned about people taking Instagrams there Wednesday 12:18 PM
- Mattel’s BTS dolls are finally up for preorder Wednesday 12:14 PM
This is 2019’s greatest romantic comedy.
On Monday, Twitter user @kenziecoffman, who goes by “Mac” on Twitter, tweeted some pictures of her cat Simon who has become enamored of a cat living across the street. Simon has even taken to waiting in the window all day for him to appear. Apparently, this had gone on long enough that she made a sign that read “What is your cat’s name? Love, Simon” and hung it in her window. Her neighbors, who are no doubt aware of the star-crossed lovers’ window rendezvous, wrote back. “Hi Simon, I’m Theo. Your my best friend – Theo”.
My cat Simon is in LOVE with my neighbor’s cat and waits all day for him. Will keep y’all updated pic.twitter.com/Jh1Hrg2WYz— mac (@kenziecoffman) April 23, 2019
And Twitter let out a collective “Aww!”
Dear Simon and Theo, this is the kind of news we need everyday to get through life. Thank you. Love, A Fan ❤️— Deborah (@dlb1665) April 23, 2019
THIS IS THE CUTEST THING IVE EVER SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE MACKENZIE I AM GOING TO CRY— jessie (@holygroundharry) April 23, 2019
This is so cute this tweet better go viral we- pic.twitter.com/omaS1OV4da— olivia loves the aces (@tidescamilas) April 23, 2019
this is quite possibly the only thing that has ever mattered to me https://t.co/pHljgKCWGW— keaton (@lixstrm) April 23, 2019
I'm not really a fan of things like first dates - and I don't like that show either - but I would watch a cat version— Ben Fletcher (@BenSFletcher) April 23, 2019
Simon when Theo wrote back. pic.twitter.com/T9fCHllU3S— Matt (@MattCheetham) April 23, 2019
Also for those of you worried about Theo’s grammatical mistake, it’s been corrected. We all know how things like that can make or break a budding relationship when you’re first messaging each other.
Mac vowed to keep us updated and, so far, she’s been true to her word.
She’s already posted a prequel video showing the pairs first meeting (that she knew about anyway), and Simon’s birthday party that was attended by both Theo and his owners, albeit from across the gap with their windows open.
Simon’s birthday party: pic.twitter.com/Wm3GG0JzdH— mac (@kenziecoffman) April 23, 2019
Of course, what everyone is really dying to know is when, if ever, these two love
birds cats are going to get together.
YES— good at jobs (n disse quais) (@capsluc4s) April 23, 2019
Furreal*?— Krista King (@KJAK16) April 23, 2019
Now if we can get these two felines to share a plate of spaghetti, we’ll have broken the Twittergram.— ScuzzyGermaphobe (@SGermaphobe) April 23, 2019
This is the biggest will they/won’t they situation since Jim and Pam almost got divorced on The Office. Will Simon and Theo ever get married? If so, will there be a season about them trying to adopt kittens but things get complicated when Theo gets offered a job overseas?
All we know right now is that there are plans in the works.
Shall do! Waiting for a response to my new sign lol— mac (@kenziecoffman) April 23, 2019
The Daily Dot has reached out to Mac via her Twitter account and, obviously, we will keep you updated if there are any developments in 2019’s greatest love story.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.