- Logan Paul insists he’s pro-choice after ‘5 abortions’ controversy 5 Years Ago
- Save your Android from itself: How to delete Android apps 5 Years Ago
- Meme video of Trump shooting politicians sparks outrage Today 8:53 AM
- Virtual Reality: Sex, marriage, and the future of relationships Today 7:00 AM
- Swipe This! My boyfriend is addicted to porn. Should I leave him? Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Packers vs. Lions on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:15 PM
- College students burned author’s books after she spoke about white privilege Sunday 6:28 PM
- Texas police officer fatally shoots Black woman in her own home Sunday 3:44 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos’ website dangerous.com was sold Sunday 1:42 PM
- First YouTube comment to hit 1 million likes is on Billie Eilish’s ‘bad guy’ music video Sunday 12:36 PM
- Girl says she was fired over exposing how Panera makes its mac and cheese on TikTok Sunday 11:34 AM
- David Harbour teased fans about Hopper’s ‘Stranger Things’ fate on ‘SNL’ Sunday 10:24 AM
- Kacey Musgraves accused of cultural appropriation–and botching it Sunday 9:19 AM
- Rihanna defends Vogue writer who received backlash for ‘winging’ interview Sunday 8:36 AM
- Here are the best PC games to add to your list Sunday 8:20 AM
Warwick Davis announces return to a galaxy far, far away in ‘Star Wars’ video
Yub nub! Warwick Davis confirmed for Star Wars: Episode VII return
Since the end of Star Wars Celebration in July 2013, beloved Star Wars actor Warwick Davis has apparently been sitting eagerly by his phone waiting for a call from Lucasfilm regarding Episode VII. Over a year and a long beard later, Davis is done waiting!
In a short video released by the official Star Wars YouTube channel Thursday, Davis announced that he will be involved in Star Wars: Episode VII. This will be the third Star Wars film for Davis who is well-known for his role as the Ewok named Wicket in Return of the Jedi and for the few appearances he made in The Phantom Menace, including as Weazel and Wald.
Fans were thrilled to learn of Davis’ return, though there’s no word yet on exactly what role he will play in the movie.
Warwick Davis returning for Ep 7 may be the first piece of SW news I’m genuinely excited by.
— Sam Adams (@SamuelAAdams) October 16, 2014
— BANEdon Bird (@Brandon_Bird) October 16, 2014
While we’re crossing our fingers for the return of Wicket and the Ewoks, we’ll just have to wait for news as we get closer to Episode VII’s Dec. 18, 2015 release. Until then, feel free to celebrate the return of Davis with the classic Return of the Jedi ending Ewok song.
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.