- How to stream UFC Fight Night 149 for free 5 Years Ago
- PDF Association dunks on Mueller report PDF Friday 7:33 PM
- Robert Downey Jr. says ‘Endgame’ finale is ‘best 8 minutes’ of any MCU film Friday 4:42 PM
- Elizabeth Warren calls on Congress to impeach Trump Friday 3:43 PM
- BlackBerry Messenger is still a thing—but not for much longer Friday 2:56 PM
- Matt Gaetz hires speechwriter fired by White House for attending white nationalist event Friday 1:33 PM
- Here’s why Elon Musk is a sheep on Twitter Friday 12:14 PM
- Trump is already running Facebook ads on the Mueller report Friday 12:07 PM
- 20 thoughtful gifts grads actually want Friday 12:00 PM
- 7 of the best psychological thriller movies on Shudder Friday 11:44 AM
- Seth Abramson’s epic Mueller thread finally comes to a conclusion Friday 11:40 AM
- Netflix is testing out a random play feature Friday 11:28 AM
- Teen star Danielle Cohn faked pregnancy for YouTube prank Friday 10:55 AM
- How to watch ‘A Discovery of Witches’ for free Friday 10:42 AM
- Rev up your own family rivalries with these ‘Game of Thrones’ board games Friday 10:29 AM
Warwick Davis announces return to a galaxy far, far away in ‘Star Wars’ video
Yub nub! Warwick Davis confirmed for Star Wars: Episode VII return
Since the end of Star Wars Celebration in July 2013, beloved Star Wars actor Warwick Davis has apparently been sitting eagerly by his phone waiting for a call from Lucasfilm regarding Episode VII. Over a year and a long beard later, Davis is done waiting!
In a short video released by the official Star Wars YouTube channel Thursday, Davis announced that he will be involved in Star Wars: Episode VII. This will be the third Star Wars film for Davis who is well-known for his role as the Ewok named Wicket in Return of the Jedi and for the few appearances he made in The Phantom Menace, including as Weazel and Wald.
Fans were thrilled to learn of Davis’ return, though there’s no word yet on exactly what role he will play in the movie.
Warwick Davis returning for Ep 7 may be the first piece of SW news I’m genuinely excited by.
— Sam Adams (@SamuelAAdams) October 16, 2014
— BANEdon Bird (@Brandon_Bird) October 16, 2014
While we’re crossing our fingers for the return of Wicket and the Ewoks, we’ll just have to wait for news as we get closer to Episode VII’s Dec. 18, 2015 release. Until then, feel free to celebrate the return of Davis with the classic Return of the Jedi ending Ewok song.
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.