- The best Korean beauty products for $15 or less 4 Years Ago
- PewDiePie’s reign as the No. 1 YouTuber seems to be over 4 Years Ago
- Amazon’s ‘Hanna’ miniseries offers a more conventional take on the teen spy thriller 4 Years Ago
- Conservative writer tweets about bombing a university after women are hired Today 10:16 AM
- YouTube star Ice Poseidon reportedly raided by FBI Today 10:11 AM
- Devin Nunes is threatening to sue more people who mock him on Twitter Today 10:10 AM
- The Economist faces blowback for asking if trans people should be sterilized Today 9:50 AM
- 8 doormats that we can’t believe actually exist Today 9:35 AM
- Why is political blog the Hill publishing op-eds by anti-LGBTQ hate groups? Today 9:16 AM
- A woman vice president? The 2020 men have some thoughts Today 9:00 AM
- 80 percent of Americans support reinstating net neutrality Today 8:38 AM
- Website secretly filmed 1,600 hotel guests for fetish live stream Today 8:18 AM
- The Holga 120N is the $40 camera you never knew you needed Today 8:13 AM
- Poster for ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’ gets mercilessly roasted Today 7:18 AM
- How to steam March Madness 2019 for free Today 7:00 AM
Warwick Davis announces return to a galaxy far, far away in ‘Star Wars’ video
Yub nub! Warwick Davis confirmed for Star Wars: Episode VII return
Since the end of Star Wars Celebration in July 2013, beloved Star Wars actor Warwick Davis has apparently been sitting eagerly by his phone waiting for a call from Lucasfilm regarding Episode VII. Over a year and a long beard later, Davis is done waiting!
In a short video released by the official Star Wars YouTube channel Thursday, Davis announced that he will be involved in Star Wars: Episode VII. This will be the third Star Wars film for Davis who is well-known for his role as the Ewok named Wicket in Return of the Jedi and for the few appearances he made in The Phantom Menace, including as Weazel and Wald.
Fans were thrilled to learn of Davis’ return, though there’s no word yet on exactly what role he will play in the movie.
Warwick Davis returning for Ep 7 may be the first piece of SW news I’m genuinely excited by.
— Sam Adams (@SamuelAAdams) October 16, 2014
— BANEdon Bird (@Brandon_Bird) October 16, 2014
While we’re crossing our fingers for the return of Wicket and the Ewoks, we’ll just have to wait for news as we get closer to Episode VII’s Dec. 18, 2015 release. Until then, feel free to celebrate the return of Davis with the classic Return of the Jedi ending Ewok song.
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.