- Couple calls for boycott of dog walker app Wag! after their dog was abducted 5 Years Ago
- Trump gets banned from SeekingArrangement because he’s not a ‘real sugar daddy’ Today 4:17 PM
- InfoWars accidentally sent child porn to lawyers representing Sandy Hook parents Today 4:12 PM
- Sticker warns men changing diapers about ‘feminization of the American male’ Today 4:10 PM
- The genius way Genius caught Google allegedly stealing lyrics Today 3:03 PM
- This bubble tea challenge is a balancing act Today 2:15 PM
- Laura Dern gifts the internet with more ‘Big Little Lies’ memes Today 1:54 PM
- The Stonks meme is back—and it’s weirder than ever Today 1:27 PM
- Video shows officer threatening to shoot pregnant Black woman in front of her children Today 1:12 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Leila’ tells a familiar dystopian horror story Today 12:37 PM
- O.J. Simpson says in Twitter video that he never slept with Kris Jenner Today 12:06 PM
- GOP commissioner jokes on Facebook about running over Trump protesters Today 11:52 AM
- 2 trans women killed within 3 months in the same neighborhood Today 11:35 AM
- DNC tries to pander with tone-deaf Beyoncé meme, fails miserably Today 10:45 AM
- Parkland grad says Harvard rescinded offer after racist comments surfaced Today 10:10 AM
Warwick Davis announces return to a galaxy far, far away in ‘Star Wars’ video
Yub nub! Warwick Davis confirmed for Star Wars: Episode VII return
Since the end of Star Wars Celebration in July 2013, beloved Star Wars actor Warwick Davis has apparently been sitting eagerly by his phone waiting for a call from Lucasfilm regarding Episode VII. Over a year and a long beard later, Davis is done waiting!
In a short video released by the official Star Wars YouTube channel Thursday, Davis announced that he will be involved in Star Wars: Episode VII. This will be the third Star Wars film for Davis who is well-known for his role as the Ewok named Wicket in Return of the Jedi and for the few appearances he made in The Phantom Menace, including as Weazel and Wald.
Fans were thrilled to learn of Davis’ return, though there’s no word yet on exactly what role he will play in the movie.
Warwick Davis returning for Ep 7 may be the first piece of SW news I’m genuinely excited by.
— Sam Adams (@SamuelAAdams) October 16, 2014
— BANEdon Bird (@Brandon_Bird) October 16, 2014
While we’re crossing our fingers for the return of Wicket and the Ewoks, we’ll just have to wait for news as we get closer to Episode VII’s Dec. 18, 2015 release. Until then, feel free to celebrate the return of Davis with the classic Return of the Jedi ending Ewok song.
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.