- ‘Watchmen’ episode 5: Looking Glass just became one of the most compelling characters Sunday 9:05 PM
- Man allegedly kills girlfriend, then pretends to be her on Facebook Sunday 4:29 PM
- Trevor Lawrence met TikTok teen who looks just like him Sunday 3:48 PM
- Trump’s hospital visit spawns conspiracy theories Sunday 2:49 PM
- ‘SNL’ skit combines Harry Styles, the Popeyes chicken sandwich, and Disney+ Sunday 2:02 PM
- Doctored photo of GOP congresswoman flipping the bird fools critics Sunday 1:05 PM
- Internet scammers taking advantage of Narwhal the ‘unicorn’ rescue puppy Sunday 12:19 PM
- Sunday Night Football: How to stream Bears vs. Rams live Sunday 12:00 PM
- CupcakKe’s month-long ‘water fast’ has fans concerned Sunday 11:24 AM
- Will.i.am claims ‘racist’ flight attendant called police on him Sunday 10:28 AM
- How does Disney+ compare to Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, and Apple TV+? Sunday 9:35 AM
- How to stream Patriots vs. Eagles live Sunday 9:30 AM
- Girl turns herself into ‘pleading face’ emoji Sunday 9:27 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Lions live Sunday 9:00 AM
- Chaotic good, true neutral: The 2020 Democrat alignment chart Sunday 6:30 AM
A cybersecurity company says a vulnerability in the highly popular Untitled Goose Game could have let hackers sabotage your save file.
In a Tuesday blog post from New Zealand-based cybersecurity firm Pulse Security, researcher Denis Andzakovic explains how the mechanism for loading a saved game was vulnerable to code execution.
This means that a hacker could alter your save file and convince your computer to run malicious code once the game has been loaded. A hacker would, however, already need to access to your computer and save file to carry out the attack.
Pulse Security notes that it first alerted the game’s developer, House House, to the issue on Oct. 7. The developer responded two days later before releasing a patch for the vulnerability on Oct. 22.
While it’s unlikely that the bug was exploited in the wild, such a vulnerability seems somewhat fitting for a game centered around creating mayhem and chaos.
For those unfamiliar, Untitled Goose Game allows players to wreak havoc on an unsuspecting village and its inhabitants as a mischievous goose.
- Untitled Goose Game lets you revel in being a small-town asshole
- The best Untitled Goose Game memes
- You can now buy that viral game about an annoying goose
Mikael Thalen is a tech and security reporter based in Seattle, covering social media, data breaches, hackers, and more.