- Disabled people with service dogs say Uber, Lyft drivers are denying them rides 8 Months Ago
- TikTok teen famous for greasy hair ends her 8-year reign 8 Months Ago
- Police handcuff brown man at subway station for carrying a toy gun Today 1:20 PM
- Fake clip of Sanders quoting infamous ‘hot chip’ tweet is duping people online Today 1:16 PM
- The Mars Volta’s Cedric Bixler-Zavala alleges Scientologists behind dog’s death Today 12:46 PM
- Eminem responds to critics: ‘This album was not made for the squeamish’ Today 12:42 PM
- ‘The poet, the poem’ meme takes iconic lines and turns them into art Today 12:40 PM
- People are making dark memes about the coronavirus Today 12:27 PM
- Trump camp’s ‘head on a pike’ impeachment threat hit with memes Today 11:34 AM
- What is the #FreeBritney movement, and why is Cher tweeting about it? Today 10:52 AM
- This YouTuber claims the Saudi government plotted to kidnap him on U.S. soil Today 10:30 AM
- Report: Jack Dorsey declined to host a fundraiser for Tulsi Gabbard Today 10:22 AM
- Bernie Sanders plugs Joe Rogan endorsement—and women are furious Today 10:04 AM
- Young woman using TikTok to document the end of her life says she’s dying next week Today 8:43 AM
- London’s real-time facial recognition program a ‘breathtaking assault’ on civil rights Today 8:23 AM
For a couple years now, we’ve known that Square Enix is developing a game based on Marvel’s Avengers franchise. The video game publisher/developer scored a deal back in February 2017 for the exclusive rights to any game adaptations of the incredibly popular IP. We now know that the game will officially be called Marvel’s Avengers, and we’ll see more of it at E3 2019.
The news comes from an official Twitter account for Marvel’s Avengers, which teases that fans will see more information at 2019’s E3 expo in Los Angeles. The tweet shares a link to a live stream that will go live at some point before Square Enix’s presentation at E3. The presentation will start on June 10 at 6pm PT.
Tune into Square Enix Live E3 2019 for the worldwide reveal of Marvel’s Avengers.— Marvel's Avengers (@PlayAvengers) May 29, 2019
🗓️ The event - complete with closed captions – begins June 10 at 6PM PT: https://t.co/KNimbY3Ze7 #SquareEnixE3 #Reassemble pic.twitter.com/zYibKtcPS1
The only thing we see thus far is a retooled Avengers logo with an arrow, along with the names of each Square Enix-owned studio working on the project. Those include Tomb Raider studio Crystal Dynamics, Deus Ex: Human Revolution developer Eidos Montreal, Square Enix, and Marvel.
Crystal Dynamics has previously expanded its team to help in the development of Marvel’s Avengers. Among the hires was God of War Lead Combat Designer Vincent Napoli, according to GamesDaily.biz. Other notable names on the team include Dead Space franchise co-founder Ben Wanat and Halo and Call of Duty alum David Fifield.
In addition to Square Enix’s live stream, Game Awards creator Geoff Keighley followed up on Twitter by saying that Marvel’s Avengers would be featured as part of the E3 Coliseum festivities on June 11. Coliseum is a series of panel-style discussions exploring the development and backgrounds of multiple major upcoming games.
Looking forward to this: Don't miss a showcase of Marvel's AVENGERS game from @CrystalDynamics and @squareenix live at @E3 Coliseum on Tuesday, June 11. The game is set to be revealed at @E3 pic.twitter.com/hoSgReXUiT— Geoff Keighley (@geoffkeighley) May 29, 2019
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.