- ‘American Dreamer’ is a frustratingly basic crime thriller starring Jim Gaffigan 2 Years Ago
- ‘Smallville’ star Tom Welling will play Superman once again 2 Years Ago
- How old is Beto O’Rourke? Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Chiefs vs. Ravens in NFL Week 3 action Today 6:08 AM
- How to stream Saints vs. Seahawks in NFL Week 3 action Today 5:46 AM
- Reddit Relationships: Man laughs at girlfriend for using Microsoft PowerPoint during sex Thursday 8:59 PM
- The 15 Brad Pitt movies you need to see now, ranked Thursday 8:26 PM
- Facebook could face legal action over the Area 51 event Thursday 6:50 PM
- How to stream Texans vs. Chargers in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 6:40 PM
- Tekashi 69 alleges Cardi B was a Bloods gang member Thursday 5:55 PM
- Right-wing sites falsely claimed group of Somalis attacked man in viral video Thursday 5:00 PM
- Big creators risk losing checkmarks amid YouTube verification purge Thursday 4:56 PM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Lions in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:52 PM
- How to stream Steelers vs. 49ers in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:10 PM
- How to stream Bills vs. Bengals in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:03 PM
A new behind-the-scenes featurette for Ready Player One reveals how the past, present, and future came together within a movie stuffed with ’80s nostalgia.
Between brand new clips and a voiceover from protagonist Wade Watts, author Ernest Cline and director Steven Spielberg look at the real-life influences woven into the book and upcoming film. Between the grim dystopian future shown in Wade’s part of Columbus, Ohio, to the infinite possibilities of virtual reality, it’s creating a wholly realized future, one that might end up looking rather familiar in a few years.
“Ernest Cline is a such a visionary, and I think he’s seen the future before any of us possibly could even imagine it,” Spielberg said.
Ready Player One debuts in theaters March 30.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.