- Vanessa Bryant files a lawsuit against helicopter company after deaths of Kobe and Gianna Monday 5:49 PM
- Michael Jordan cries at Kobe Bryant memorial, jokes about creating a new meme Monday 4:43 PM
- Woman’s boyfriend says it’s him or the frogs—Reddit says choose the frogs Monday 4:22 PM
- Greyhound buses will no longer allow Border Patrol checks Monday 4:04 PM
- ‘Eat Them To Defeat Them’ is oddly about vegetables—not about eating the rich Monday 3:26 PM
- Marco Rubio mocked for filming talking while driving socialism critique Monday 2:54 PM
- QAnon believer asks Trump’s campaign press secretary who Q is Monday 2:36 PM
- Octavia Spencer has discovered ‘Ma’ memes—and she can’t get enough Monday 2:09 PM
- Meet the anti-Greta Thunberg, a climate ‘skeptic’ funded by the oil industry Monday 1:12 PM
- Harvey Weinstein convicted of rape and sexual assault Monday 12:56 PM
- Senator calls Facebook’s current election disinformation efforts ‘inadequate’ in letter Monday 12:11 PM
- The Phillie Phanatic mascot unveils a slimmer makeover Monday 11:56 AM
- YouTuber threatened with arrest after rapping about being a girl from Mecca Monday 11:55 AM
- Video shows flat-Earther ‘daredevil’ crashing to death after homemade rocket fails Monday 11:49 AM
- Cardi B defends Dwyane Wade’s daughter during Instagram Live Monday 11:45 AM
A new behind-the-scenes featurette for Ready Player One reveals how the past, present, and future came together within a movie stuffed with ’80s nostalgia.
Between brand new clips and a voiceover from protagonist Wade Watts, author Ernest Cline and director Steven Spielberg look at the real-life influences woven into the book and upcoming film. Between the grim dystopian future shown in Wade’s part of Columbus, Ohio, to the infinite possibilities of virtual reality, it’s creating a wholly realized future, one that might end up looking rather familiar in a few years.
“Ernest Cline is a such a visionary, and I think he’s seen the future before any of us possibly could even imagine it,” Spielberg said.
Ready Player One debuts in theaters March 30.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.