- Ajit Pai’s net neutrality victory lap comes as his own repeal is under review 3 Years Ago
- Alissa Violet is in Italy—and fans are worried she’ll get coronavirus 3 Years Ago
- Bernie or Barry? Garth Brooks’ Sanders jersey sparks online panic Today 8:42 AM
- Netflix series ‘Followers’ is a visual treat—but lacks a clear narrative Today 6:00 AM
- Influencer got trapped under ice for TikTok clout, ‘came close to dying’ Thursday 7:59 PM
- #BernieBruh puts new spin on ‘Bernie Bro’ label, showcases support among Black voters Thursday 6:58 PM
- Camila María Concepcíon, trans activist and Netflix writer, dies at 28 Thursday 5:46 PM
- Chrissy Teigen calls out fan who made weird comment about her daughter’s feet Thursday 4:57 PM
- TikTok’s ‘clean queen’ says videos are helping her figure out ‘adulting’ Thursday 4:12 PM
- Clearview clients include ICE, Macy’s, Best Buy, leaked data reveals Thursday 4:08 PM
- Women are clamoring to get their photos on a Twitter feed of ‘hot mugshots’ Thursday 4:06 PM
- ‘Love Is Blind’ finale: Somehow, real love emerged from this dystopian setting Thursday 3:57 PM
- Creator of ‘Say So’ TikTok dance appears in Doja Cat music video Thursday 3:51 PM
- Is TikTok’s algorithm actually pretty racist? Thursday 3:45 PM
- Fans freaking out over ‘Say My Name’ horror remix featured in Jordan Peele’s ‘Candyman’ Thursday 3:33 PM
Three months ago, Guillermo del Toro met with Hellboy creator Mike Mignola and actor Ron Perlman, and confirmed that Hellboy 3 wasn’t going to happen. We thought this was the end for Hellboy, but it turns out a reboot is already in the works.
Mignola announced the reboot on Facebook, naming very interesting choices for director and star. Neil Marshall has spent the past few years directing shows like Game of Thrones, Hannibal, and Westworld, but he’s best known for his work on horror movies like The Descent and Dog Soldiers. David Harbour is in talks to play Hellboy, a rising star after his breakout role as gruff cop Jim Hopper in Stranger Things.
Okay, here's some news--There IS going to be another HELLBOY MOVIE. It's going to be an R rated reboot directed by...Posted by artofmikemignola.com on Monday, May 8, 2017
The Hollywood Reporter confirmed the Hellboy reboot news, saying that Millennium Entertainment is currently in negotiations to make the film.
This reboot will come as a mixed blessing to Hellboy fans. Del Toro’s movies carved out a niche as cult classics of the comic book genre, with a very distinctive visual style. It’s hard to imagine a reboot measuring up, but Neil Marshall has a respected history in horror cinema, and David Harbour is a surprisingly appropriate choice to play Hellboy.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor