- 2018 belonged to trans people 8 Months Ago
- How to watch local channels on Roku 8 Months Ago
- How to watch Levante vs. Barcelona online for free Today 6:19 AM
- How to watch Liverpool vs. Manchester United online for free Today 6:00 AM
- The best couch co-op video games for couples Today 6:00 AM
- Pete Davidson is OK and at work following alarming Instagram post Saturday 7:26 PM
- Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker doesn’t know how to use a Venn diagram Saturday 5:38 PM
- This college student made a movie trailer to tease her boyfriend, and Twitter can’t get enough (updated) Saturday 3:13 PM
- ‘Kappa Delta Crypto’ aims to break stereotypes in five-minute Snapchat episodes Saturday 2:29 PM
- Two iPhone X customers are suing Apple over screen size Saturday 1:18 PM
- Secretary Ryan Zinke is out at the Department of the Interior Saturday 12:03 PM
- How to watch the New Orleans Bowl online for free Saturday 10:25 AM
- Prada’s racist toys pulled from shelves after social media backlash (updated) Saturday 10:22 AM
- How to watch the Camellia Bowl online for free Saturday 10:00 AM
- How to watch the Las Vegas Bowl online for free Saturday 8:30 AM
Harry Potter fans won’t have to wait too much longer to catch the Express and start their Hogwarts education.
Jam City, the developer of the mobile RPG Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, announced Thursday that the much-anticipated game will launch globally for iOS and Android April 25. Having been teased for months by Jam City, the game takes place several years before Harry, Ron, and Hermione step foot in Hogwarts and allows you to take classes, learn new spells and potions, and interact with characters we already know including Bill Weasley and Nymphadora Tonks.
But Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery will also include a number of familiar voices as several actors from the Harry Potter films will reprise their roles for the game.
“Our goal with Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery is to make players really feel for the first time like they’re attending Hogwarts,” Chris DeWolfe, co-founder and CEO of Jam City, said in a statement. “By including these iconic and incredibly talented actors in the game, we come one step closer to truly giving fans their own Hogwarts experience.”
Among the voice talent reprising their roles are Dame Maggie Smith (Professor McGonagall), Michael Gambon (Professor Dumbledore), Warwick Davis (Professor Flitwick), Sally Mortemore (Madam Irma Pince), Gemma Jones (Madam Pomfrey), and Zoe Wanamaker (Madam Hooch).
Having some of the actors reprise their roles certainly gives a jolt of excitement to the game, and they seem elated to be back.
“If I could attend Hogwarts as a student, I would be most excited to attend the potions class taught by Severus because it is the most exotic,” Smith said.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.