- Netflix lines up unnecessarily good cast for ‘Green Eggs and Ham’ 11 Months Ago
- Netflix drops trailer for Mötley Crüe biopic ‘The Dirt’—and the cast is wild 11 Months Ago
- QAnon’s repetitive posts are alienating even his most ardent supporters 11 Months Ago
- Noah Cyrus cries on Instagram after Lil Xan’s baby announcement Today 2:26 PM
- The ‘Well yes, but actually no’ meme is here to help you explain things Today 12:07 PM
- Judge orders Roger Stone to appear in court after his Instagram post Today 11:24 AM
- I worked with the migrant caravan—and Trump is the cause of his national emergency Today 11:09 AM
- How to watch Liverpool vs. Bayern Munich online for free Today 11:08 AM
- ‘Patriot Act’ volume 2 proves Hasan Minhaj is the next big star of the news-comedy genre Today 11:01 AM
- ‘Friends From College’ canceled after 2 seasons at Netflix Today 10:53 AM
- Allow your wallet to be your spirit guide during this rad anime sale Today 10:43 AM
- Man stages fake DUI trial to propose to girlfriend, and people are asking why Today 10:40 AM
- Bernie Sanders’ website full of 404s on launch day Today 10:23 AM
- Pose’s Indya Moore goes viral for arguing trans women have ‘biologically female’ penises Today 10:21 AM
- Howard Schultz pens Medium essay declaring ‘unprecedented appetite’ for Schultz 2020 Today 9:56 AM
Harry Potter fans won’t have to wait too much longer to catch the Express and start their Hogwarts education.
Jam City, the developer of the mobile RPG Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, announced Thursday that the much-anticipated game will launch globally for iOS and Android April 25. Having been teased for months by Jam City, the game takes place several years before Harry, Ron, and Hermione step foot in Hogwarts and allows you to take classes, learn new spells and potions, and interact with characters we already know including Bill Weasley and Nymphadora Tonks.
But Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery will also include a number of familiar voices as several actors from the Harry Potter films will reprise their roles for the game.
“Our goal with Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery is to make players really feel for the first time like they’re attending Hogwarts,” Chris DeWolfe, co-founder and CEO of Jam City, said in a statement. “By including these iconic and incredibly talented actors in the game, we come one step closer to truly giving fans their own Hogwarts experience.”
Among the voice talent reprising their roles are Dame Maggie Smith (Professor McGonagall), Michael Gambon (Professor Dumbledore), Warwick Davis (Professor Flitwick), Sally Mortemore (Madam Irma Pince), Gemma Jones (Madam Pomfrey), and Zoe Wanamaker (Madam Hooch).
Having some of the actors reprise their roles certainly gives a jolt of excitement to the game, and they seem elated to be back.
“If I could attend Hogwarts as a student, I would be most excited to attend the potions class taught by Severus because it is the most exotic,” Smith said.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.