- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’ spinoff mini-series is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
- QAnon believers link small-town arrest to deep state conspiracy without evidence Friday 1:58 PM
- Instagram photos showing prison conditions spark massive protest Friday 1:33 PM
- ‘Gay rat wedding’ headline sparks amazing new meme Friday 1:03 PM
- ‘I read a gossip piece’ meme mocks Moby’s Instagram post Friday 12:39 PM
- Rotten Tomatoes wants to see your ticket stub to leave a verified review Friday 11:46 AM
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ movie delayed to 2020 to fix his look Friday 11:39 AM
- ‘Swamp Thing’ gets off to a promising start, but can it tell a convincing love story? Friday 11:34 AM
- ‘Falling on deaf ears’: ‘Queer Eye’ star sparks conversation about ableist idioms Friday 11:15 AM
- Parents are spending thousands on YouTube camps that teach kids how to be famous Friday 10:43 AM
- In season 2 of ‘She’s Gotta Have It,’ Spike Lee remains unapologetically himself Friday 10:36 AM
- Trump selling Pride shirts is a grotesque insult to the LGBTQ community Friday 10:27 AM
- Logan Paul is being mocked for pulling out of slapping competition Friday 9:57 AM
Your dreams of being a Hogwarts student are coming true.
Even the mundane task of attending classes can be magical when you’re in the world of Harry Potter.
That’s why the upcoming mobile game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery is so exciting for longtime fans of the wizarding world. The role-playing game, set for release sometime this year, will give players the chance to become Hogwarts students, from getting that official Hogwarts letter (swoon) to attending classes with familiar professors. Decisions players make will influence the story of the game as they level up their skills and progress through years of school. (That’s the mystery part.)
The first teaser trailer for the game, released Thursday morning, gives us a closer look at what Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery has in store.
According to Jam City, the Los Angeles mobile gaming studio that’s developing the project with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, you shouldn’t expect to run into Harry Potter himself in the school’s hallways. The game is set several years before Harry Potter’s enrollment, back when he was still just a boy living under a staircase. A few familiar faces will pop up among the student body, however, including Nymphadora Tonks and Bill Weasley.
Fans attending Universal Studios’ upcoming A Celebration of Harry Potter event will get to chance to try out the game later this month. As for the rest of us, we’ll have to wait for the as yet unscheduled debut. You can keep an eye on updates and sign up for alerts at www.harrypotterhogwartsmystery.com/.
Sarah Weber is the former editor of Daily Dot’s Parsec section, where she wrote about geek culture. She previously worked as a reporter and editor at community newspapers in the Midwest and was recognized by the Ohio Associated Press for news reporting.