- Man dragged for recording, posting video of neighbor being ‘killed’ instead of helping Saturday 4:14 PM
- How to stream Saints vs. Bears in Week 7 Saturday 3:25 PM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Ravens in Week 7 Saturday 3:25 PM
- Are TikTok teens throwing up gang signs in their videos? Saturday 2:45 PM
- Anti-impeachment protesters believe ‘deep state’ tried to sabotage rally Saturday 12:51 PM
- How to stream 49ers vs. Redskins in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Cardinals vs. Giants in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Raiders in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Vikings vs. Lions in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Rams vs. Falcons in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- Billie Eilish fans think they figured out who stole her ring Saturday 11:32 AM
- ‘Give me candy’: Hailey Bieber mocked for defense of celebrating Halloween as a Christian Saturday 10:28 AM
- Aaron Paul predicted Jesse Pinkman’s fate on Reddit years ago Saturday 8:53 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Eli’ is a satisfyingly nasty blend of haunted houses and medical horror Saturday 7:00 AM
- Why 8chan’s founder is fighting to keep the infamous message board dead Saturday 6:30 AM
Even the mundane task of attending classes can be magical when you’re in the world of Harry Potter.
That’s why the upcoming mobile game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery is so exciting for longtime fans of the wizarding world. The role-playing game, set for release sometime this year, will give players the chance to become Hogwarts students, from getting that official Hogwarts letter (swoon) to attending classes with familiar professors. Decisions players make will influence the story of the game as they level up their skills and progress through years of school. (That’s the mystery part.)
The first teaser trailer for the game, released Thursday morning, gives us a closer look at what Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery has in store.
According to Jam City, the Los Angeles mobile gaming studio that’s developing the project with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, you shouldn’t expect to run into Harry Potter himself in the school’s hallways. The game is set several years before Harry Potter’s enrollment, back when he was still just a boy living under a staircase. A few familiar faces will pop up among the student body, however, including Nymphadora Tonks and Bill Weasley.
Fans attending Universal Studios’ upcoming A Celebration of Harry Potter event will get to chance to try out the game later this month. As for the rest of us, we’ll have to wait for the as yet unscheduled debut. You can keep an eye on updates and sign up for alerts at www.harrypotterhogwartsmystery.com/.
Sarah Weber is the former editor of Daily Dot’s Parsec section, where she wrote about geek culture. She previously worked as a reporter and editor at community newspapers in the Midwest and was recognized by the Ohio Associated Press for news reporting.