- Viral video shows an egg getting a hot makeover Tuesday 7:56 PM
- New Netflix feature broadcasts what you’re watching via Instagram Tuesday 6:11 PM
- Videos show alleged Covington teens harassing women, making rape jokes at march Tuesday 4:13 PM
- MAGA teen gets ‘Today Show’ interview—and people are pissed Tuesday 3:38 PM
- Family says hacker sent fake North Korean missile warning through Nest camera Tuesday 2:42 PM
- This Arizona bill would tax internet porn to fund a border wall Tuesday 2:41 PM
- This meme is asking people how they draw the letter X Tuesday 1:18 PM
- Charlie Kirk’s love of U.S. healthcare system put to the test after back problems Tuesday 1:12 PM
- Fyre Fest caterer who was left broke has received $160,000 in donations Tuesday 12:58 PM
- The YouTuber who taught a dog to give the Nazi salute on command can’t find a job Tuesday 12:24 PM
- The ‘oh yeah yeah’ meme is flooding YouTube—and KSI can’t deal Tuesday 12:20 PM
- Did this d*ck-drawing Instagram star steal her gag from a rival runner? Tuesday 12:00 PM
- Rep. Steve King, best known for his racism, tweets a fake MLK quote Tuesday 11:54 AM
- Facebook is helping husbands ‘brainwash’ their wives with targeted ads Tuesday 11:35 AM
- Twitch streamer Pink_Sparkles responds to gamers who don’t think she belongs Tuesday 11:29 AM
Your dreams of being a Hogwarts student are coming true.
Even the mundane task of attending classes can be magical when you’re in the world of Harry Potter.
That’s why the upcoming mobile game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery is so exciting for longtime fans of the wizarding world. The role-playing game, set for release sometime this year, will give players the chance to become Hogwarts students, from getting that official Hogwarts letter (swoon) to attending classes with familiar professors. Decisions players make will influence the story of the game as they level up their skills and progress through years of school. (That’s the mystery part.)
The first teaser trailer for the game, released Thursday morning, gives us a closer look at what Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery has in store.
According to Jam City, the Los Angeles mobile gaming studio that’s developing the project with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, you shouldn’t expect to run into Harry Potter himself in the school’s hallways. The game is set several years before Harry Potter’s enrollment, back when he was still just a boy living under a staircase. A few familiar faces will pop up among the student body, however, including Nymphadora Tonks and Bill Weasley.
Fans attending Universal Studios’ upcoming A Celebration of Harry Potter event will get to chance to try out the game later this month. As for the rest of us, we’ll have to wait for the as yet unscheduled debut. You can keep an eye on updates and sign up for alerts at www.harrypotterhogwartsmystery.com/.
Sarah Weber is the former editor of Daily Dot’s Parsec section, where she wrote about geek culture. She previously worked as a reporter and editor at community newspapers in the Midwest and was recognized by the Ohio Associated Press for news reporting.