- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge 1 Year Ago
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett 1 Year Ago
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Today 1:42 PM
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Today 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Today 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Today 12:26 PM
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish Today 12:11 PM
- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ Today 11:51 AM
- Report: ‘Stranger Things’ season 4 to begin shooting in October Today 11:03 AM
- AT&T paid Michael Cohen to consult on net neutrality, FBI documents show Today 9:10 AM
- Mysterio’s ruse changes on a second viewing of ‘Far From Home’ Today 9:06 AM
- Twitter overturns Barrett Brown’s third permanent suspension Today 8:49 AM
- How to live stream Liga MX Today 7:56 AM
- The QBaby’s parents are already trying to profit off their kid’s fame Today 7:45 AM
- How do 4DX movies work? Today 7:00 AM
Your dreams of being a Hogwarts student are coming true.
Even the mundane task of attending classes can be magical when you’re in the world of Harry Potter.
That’s why the upcoming mobile game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery is so exciting for longtime fans of the wizarding world. The role-playing game, set for release sometime this year, will give players the chance to become Hogwarts students, from getting that official Hogwarts letter (swoon) to attending classes with familiar professors. Decisions players make will influence the story of the game as they level up their skills and progress through years of school. (That’s the mystery part.)
The first teaser trailer for the game, released Thursday morning, gives us a closer look at what Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery has in store.
According to Jam City, the Los Angeles mobile gaming studio that’s developing the project with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, you shouldn’t expect to run into Harry Potter himself in the school’s hallways. The game is set several years before Harry Potter’s enrollment, back when he was still just a boy living under a staircase. A few familiar faces will pop up among the student body, however, including Nymphadora Tonks and Bill Weasley.
Fans attending Universal Studios’ upcoming A Celebration of Harry Potter event will get to chance to try out the game later this month. As for the rest of us, we’ll have to wait for the as yet unscheduled debut. You can keep an eye on updates and sign up for alerts at www.harrypotterhogwartsmystery.com/.
Sarah Weber is the former editor of Daily Dot’s Parsec section, where she wrote about geek culture. She previously worked as a reporter and editor at community newspapers in the Midwest and was recognized by the Ohio Associated Press for news reporting.