- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Sevilla Friday 6:35 PM
- How to stream Peter ‘Kid Chocolate’ Quillin vs. Alfredo Angulo Friday 5:16 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Granada Friday 4:50 PM
- ‘Atlantics’ tells a ghost story steeped with emotion and realism Friday 4:16 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ is a sweet, singular movie that loses its grip on satire Friday 3:40 PM
- Jordan Peterson is in rehab for Klonopin addiction Friday 3:34 PM
- The cat-worshipping turkey cult video, explained Friday 3:22 PM
- Despite legal threats and drama, the Area 51 desert event is on Friday 3:05 PM
- How to stream Yair Rodriguez vs. Jeremy Stephens on UFC Fight Night Friday 3:00 PM
- Twitter just launched its ‘Hide Replies’ feature Friday 1:59 PM
- How to turn off image metadata before it snitches on you Friday 1:36 PM
- The ‘Breaking Bad’ movie is coming to theaters—for one weekend only Friday 1:04 PM
- Teens recorded, shared videos of mall fight that ended in fatal stabbing Friday 12:44 PM
- How to stream Giants vs. Buccaneers in Week 3 Friday 12:31 PM
Danny DeVito, like the Faceless Man from Game of Thrones, has many personas at his disposal. At least that’s what the internet thinks, according to a new petition on Change.org. The petition calls for DeVito to play the character Wolverine in future Marvel Cinematic Universe movies.
“The only man able to take the throne after Hugh Jackman,” wrote Ring Arius, the username for the petition’s creator. “We believe that if Wolverine is to make an appearance in the Marvel Cinematic Universe that the only man able to pull it off is Danny Devito.”
At present time, the petition stands at about 3,800 signatures, with a goal of 5,000.
DeVito, star of TV series and films likes It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Hercules, and Taxi, has become somewhat of a fan favorite for weird, half-joking attempts to get the actor to play offbeat roles. In 2016, as the Nintendo 3DS release of the Detective Pikachu game was nearing, thousands of gamers signed another Change.org petition to instate DeVito as the voice of the English-speaking pokémon. DeVito also has prior experience with DC superhero films, having played the Penguin in 1992’s Batman Returns.
The merger between Disney and Fox went into effect in March 2019, solidifying Disney’s control over Marvel properties Fox had previously owned, like the X-Men franchise, Deadpool, and Avatar. The deal cost Disney $71.3 billion. That’s a lot DeVito, if they’ll have it.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.