- Influencer got trapped under ice for TikTok clout, ‘came close to dying’ Thursday 7:59 PM
- #BernieBruh puts new spin on ‘Bernie Bro’ label, showcases support among Black voters Thursday 6:58 PM
- Camila María Concepcíon, trans activist and Netflix writer, dies at 28 Thursday 5:46 PM
- Chrissy Teigen calls out fan who made weird comment about her daughter’s feet Thursday 4:57 PM
- TikTok’s ‘clean queen’ says videos are helping her figure out ‘adulting’ Thursday 4:12 PM
- Clearview clients include ICE, Macy’s, Best Buy, leaked data reveals Thursday 4:08 PM
- Women are clamoring to get their photos on a Twitter feed of ‘hot mugshots’ Thursday 4:06 PM
- ‘Love Is Blind’ finale: Somehow, real love emerged from this dystopian setting Thursday 3:57 PM
- Creator of ‘Say So’ TikTok dance appears in Doja Cat music video Thursday 3:51 PM
- Is TikTok’s algorithm actually pretty racist? Thursday 3:45 PM
- Fans freaking out over ‘Say My Name’ horror remix featured in Jordan Peele’s ‘Candyman’ Thursday 3:33 PM
- CDC graphic warns most facial hair isn’t compatible with coronavirus protection measures Thursday 1:31 PM
- Tutoring website refuses to take down ad sexualizing Asian women Thursday 1:24 PM
- MSNBC pundit loses air time after saying Sanders staffers are ‘island of misfit Black girls’ Thursday 12:36 PM
- Court says YouTube isn’t subject to First Amendment scrutiny Thursday 11:06 AM
Danny DeVito, like the Faceless Man from Game of Thrones, has many personas at his disposal. At least that’s what the internet thinks, according to a new petition on Change.org. The petition calls for DeVito to play the character Wolverine in future Marvel Cinematic Universe movies.
“The only man able to take the throne after Hugh Jackman,” wrote Ring Arius, the username for the petition’s creator. “We believe that if Wolverine is to make an appearance in the Marvel Cinematic Universe that the only man able to pull it off is Danny Devito.”
At present time, the petition stands at about 3,800 signatures, with a goal of 5,000.
DeVito, star of TV series and films likes It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Hercules, and Taxi, has become somewhat of a fan favorite for weird, half-joking attempts to get the actor to play offbeat roles. In 2016, as the Nintendo 3DS release of the Detective Pikachu game was nearing, thousands of gamers signed another Change.org petition to instate DeVito as the voice of the English-speaking pokémon. DeVito also has prior experience with DC superhero films, having played the Penguin in 1992’s Batman Returns.
The merger between Disney and Fox went into effect in March 2019, solidifying Disney’s control over Marvel properties Fox had previously owned, like the X-Men franchise, Deadpool, and Avatar. The deal cost Disney $71.3 billion. That’s a lot DeVito, if they’ll have it.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.