- How to live stream the International Champions Cup 2 Months Ago
- A police union is urging its officers to post ‘The Punisher’ logo Monday 7:33 PM
- Redditors call for a Nestlé boycott through memes Monday 6:16 PM
- How a 10-second Disney jingle became a meme in Thailand Monday 4:48 PM
- Instagram users share photos showing gruesome killing of 17-year-old Bianca Devins Monday 4:33 PM
- The horror game banned for mocking China’s president probably isn’t coming back Monday 3:31 PM
- Cheap vibrators, condoms, and lube: The most satisfying Amazon Prime Day deals Monday 3:07 PM
- George R.R. Martin says fan backlash won’t affect his ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 3:03 PM
- The very finest Area 51 memes Monday 2:52 PM
- Tweet map ranks states where people are boycotting Amazon Prime Day Monday 1:54 PM
- Lil Nas X says he will perform at Area 51 for free Monday 12:56 PM
- The best Prime Day deals for gamers Monday 12:53 PM
- How Republicans are dancing around Trump’s racist tweets Monday 12:42 PM
- Not even anti-immigrant groups are defending Trump’s ‘go back’ tweets Monday 12:37 PM
- Netflix’s latest chase thriller ‘Point Blank’ lacks electricity Monday 12:27 PM
Thousands sign petition calling for Danny DeVito to play Wolverine
Eh, why not?
Danny DeVito, like the Faceless Man from Game of Thrones, has many personas at his disposal. At least that’s what the internet thinks, according to a new petition on Change.org. The petition calls for DeVito to play the character Wolverine in future Marvel Cinematic Universe movies.
“The only man able to take the throne after Hugh Jackman,” wrote Ring Arius, the username for the petition’s creator. “We believe that if Wolverine is to make an appearance in the Marvel Cinematic Universe that the only man able to pull it off is Danny Devito.”
At present time, the petition stands at about 3,800 signatures, with a goal of 5,000.
DeVito, star of TV series and films likes It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Hercules, and Taxi, has become somewhat of a fan favorite for weird, half-joking attempts to get the actor to play offbeat roles. In 2016, as the Nintendo 3DS release of the Detective Pikachu game was nearing, thousands of gamers signed another Change.org petition to instate DeVito as the voice of the English-speaking pokémon. DeVito also has prior experience with DC superhero films, having played the Penguin in 1992’s Batman Returns.
The merger between Disney and Fox went into effect in March 2019, solidifying Disney’s control over Marvel properties Fox had previously owned, like the X-Men franchise, Deadpool, and Avatar. The deal cost Disney $71.3 billion. That’s a lot DeVito, if they’ll have it.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.