- The ultimate cord-cutting guide for bilingual families Today 5:00 AM
- Boys’ sleepovers vs. girls’ sleepovers meme takes stereotypes to absurd heights Tuesday 7:30 PM
- Petition wants Keanu Reeves to be named ‘Time Person of the Year’ Tuesday 6:33 PM
- 8 women accuse Max Landis of sexual, emotional abuse Tuesday 5:37 PM
- Taylor Swift accused of copying Beyoncé—again Tuesday 5:00 PM
- Everything you need to know about Libra, Facebook’s new cryptocurrency Tuesday 4:45 PM
- Netflix just renewed ‘Queer Eye’ for 2 more seasons Tuesday 4:32 PM
- YouTube’s queen of failed robots just unveiled a one-of-a-kind Tesla truck Tuesday 3:58 PM
- AOC infuriates conservatives with ‘concentration camps’ remark Tuesday 3:33 PM
- TikTok users explore identity with Lin Manuel Miranda-inspired meme Tuesday 3:24 PM
- TikTok apology video inspires new duet meme Tuesday 2:51 PM
- Man sues brewery after identifying as female to get beer discount Tuesday 2:31 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Hulu in July 2019 Tuesday 2:22 PM
- This biotech company’s logo is almost straight out of Resident Evil Tuesday 1:26 PM
- Trump says mass deportations to start next week Tuesday 12:28 PM
Thousands sign petition calling for Danny DeVito to play Wolverine
Eh, why not?
Danny DeVito, like the Faceless Man from Game of Thrones, has many personas at his disposal. At least that’s what the internet thinks, according to a new petition on Change.org. The petition calls for DeVito to play the character Wolverine in future Marvel Cinematic Universe movies.
“The only man able to take the throne after Hugh Jackman,” wrote Ring Arius, the username for the petition’s creator. “We believe that if Wolverine is to make an appearance in the Marvel Cinematic Universe that the only man able to pull it off is Danny Devito.”
At present time, the petition stands at about 3,800 signatures, with a goal of 5,000.
DeVito, star of TV series and films likes It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Hercules, and Taxi, has become somewhat of a fan favorite for weird, half-joking attempts to get the actor to play offbeat roles. In 2016, as the Nintendo 3DS release of the Detective Pikachu game was nearing, thousands of gamers signed another Change.org petition to instate DeVito as the voice of the English-speaking pokémon. DeVito also has prior experience with DC superhero films, having played the Penguin in 1992’s Batman Returns.
The merger between Disney and Fox went into effect in March 2019, solidifying Disney’s control over Marvel properties Fox had previously owned, like the X-Men franchise, Deadpool, and Avatar. The deal cost Disney $71.3 billion. That’s a lot DeVito, if they’ll have it.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.