- How to watch ‘The Hills: New Beginnings’ for free 1 Month Ago
- Inside the pornographic video game that took Kickstarter by storm 1 Month Ago
- Why everyone wants to debate AOC, and no one wants to debate Ilhan Omar Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Trvl Channel online for free Today 5:30 AM
- Are we going to get a ‘Community’ movie on Netflix? Sunday 2:46 PM
- Social networking site Ravelry bans all posts that are supportive of Trump and his administration Sunday 2:07 PM
- YouTube is testing hiding its comments section Sunday 1:23 PM
- Think you have what it takes to be Beyoncé’s assistant for the day? Sunday 1:02 PM
- Facebook co-founder warns against Libra, the company’s new cryptocurrency Sunday 12:04 PM
- Missing YouTuber Etika’s belongings found alongside bridge Sunday 9:16 AM
- What is #sayfie and why do Floridians use it so much? Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch WWE Stomping Grounds for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- Trump tweets nightmarish video of himself being president ‘4EVA’ Saturday 3:15 PM
- The internet cannot believe how this zoo conducts its ‘escaped lion drill’ Saturday 1:39 PM
- Spotify wants to take back money from ‘overpaid’ songwriters, publishers Saturday 12:35 PM
Thousands sign petition calling for Danny DeVito to play Wolverine
Eh, why not?
Danny DeVito, like the Faceless Man from Game of Thrones, has many personas at his disposal. At least that’s what the internet thinks, according to a new petition on Change.org. The petition calls for DeVito to play the character Wolverine in future Marvel Cinematic Universe movies.
“The only man able to take the throne after Hugh Jackman,” wrote Ring Arius, the username for the petition’s creator. “We believe that if Wolverine is to make an appearance in the Marvel Cinematic Universe that the only man able to pull it off is Danny Devito.”
At present time, the petition stands at about 3,800 signatures, with a goal of 5,000.
DeVito, star of TV series and films likes It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Hercules, and Taxi, has become somewhat of a fan favorite for weird, half-joking attempts to get the actor to play offbeat roles. In 2016, as the Nintendo 3DS release of the Detective Pikachu game was nearing, thousands of gamers signed another Change.org petition to instate DeVito as the voice of the English-speaking pokémon. DeVito also has prior experience with DC superhero films, having played the Penguin in 1992’s Batman Returns.
The merger between Disney and Fox went into effect in March 2019, solidifying Disney’s control over Marvel properties Fox had previously owned, like the X-Men franchise, Deadpool, and Avatar. The deal cost Disney $71.3 billion. That’s a lot DeVito, if they’ll have it.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.