- Who is Corn Pop? Here are all the theories about the gang leader from Joe Biden’s past Sunday 4:37 PM
- Fresh sexual misconduct allegations against Kavanaugh spur calls for impeachment Sunday 3:28 PM
- Mike Pence says a triple crown winning racehorse bit him Sunday 12:51 PM
- Disney CEO Bob Iger leaves Apple board amid streaming wars Sunday 12:01 PM
- Influencer Destiny Marquez faces backlash for berating Forever 21 employee Sunday 10:32 AM
- Chelsea Handler tackles system racism in ‘Hello Privilege. It’s Me, Chelsea’ Sunday 9:18 AM
- Gun control proposal: Trump, lawmakers considering background check-conducting app Sunday 9:05 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Jets on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:00 AM
- What are anons? Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Falcons on Sunday Night Football Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 4 Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
- How ‘F*ck off Scotland’ became a Scottish rallying cry amid Brexit madness Saturday 6:28 PM
- A Missouri officer resigned after his Islamophobic Facebook posts surfaced Saturday 5:08 PM
- Adding ‘Triggered’ to stock photos of white men creates Netflix comedy special thumbnails Saturday 3:10 PM
Thousands of gamers want Danny DeVito to be the voice of Pikachu
Join the cause.
Nintendo recently announced their plans to release a video game called Detective Pikachu, in which gamers would play as the iconic Pokémon, donning a Sherlock Holmes hat and looking for clues to solve mysteries within the Pokémon universe.
It’s yet unknown if the game will be getting a release date in the United States, but that hasn’t stopped thousands of people from petitioning Nintendo to get Danny DeVito to voice the electrified creature for an English-language version of the game.
The petition, spearheaded by a Sairith Aramor, has since received some 20,000 signatures. “There are a number of us that feel as though Danny DeVito would be a prime fit for the voice acting role of the Detective Pikachu,” Aramor stated. “We want to make this happen.”
Honestly, DeVito would be outstanding. Much like Pikachu, he’s adorable, funny, and something of a ticking time bomb (at least the character he portrays in It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia is). Seriously, imagine the Pikachu we’ve come to know and love, able to speak like a human with a voice full of charm, wit and sardonic humor?
All we can hope is that this petition—along with the pretty clever hashtag #DannyDeVitochu—will make its way to Nintendo, so they can turn this fever dream into a reality.
Elijah Watson is an internet culture and entertainment reporter. His work has been published by the Daily Beast, Vice, Complex, Bustle, Uproxx, and Okayplayer.