- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Saturday 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Saturday 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Saturday 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Saturday 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’-inspired miniseries is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
6 things you’ve been throwing away that you can sell on eBay instead
It’s time to turn your trash into cash.
The old saying “One man’s trash is another man’s treasure” is never more true than when you browse eBay. Selling stuff on eBay is an easy way to put a few extra bucks in your bank account, but what you probably don’t know is that you’ve been throwing away free money every time you take out the trash.
Here are six things you’ve been throwing out that you could instead be selling on everyone’s favorite auction house.
1) Plastic bottle caps
If you buy disposable plastic water bottles by the dozens, you’ve probably been disposing of the caps each time you drain a bottle and recycle it. Craft lovers will pay you for them.
2) Destroyed t-shirts
Think your old shirts are too rough for Goodwill or a similar charity? You can sell your torn, stained, ruined pieces of clothing as rags and rake in some cash at the same time.
3) Paper towel and toilet paper tubes
Every time you replace a roll of paper towels or toilet paper, you probably just toss out the cardboard tube. Little did you know that people will take them off your hands and stuff your pockets with cash instead.
4) Empty candle jars
Once you’ve gotten your money’s worth out of your candles, put the empty jars up on eBay and score a few bucks—which you can then use to buy more candles.
5) Soda can tabs
If you don’t already love pulling the tiny aluminum tabs off of your soda cans—seriously, everyone already does that just for fun, right?—then perhaps a cash incentive will be enough to get you to pop those tops.
How many coupons do you get in your junk mail, newspaper, or magazines? Chances are someone out there wants them, and eBay is a hot spot for coupon buffs who will buy those tiny slips of paper from you.
Mike Wehner is a former tech editor for the Daily Dot who now writes for BGR. His work has appeared everywhere from Yahoo to CNN, and there’s a good chance his Apple Watch is dead right now.