- Twitch star Amorounth caught driving while streaming 8 Months Ago
- John Mulaney rails on e-scooters after ‘baby boomer’ nearly hits his dog 8 Months Ago
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Newcastle 8 Months Ago
- How to stream Atletico Madrid vs. Valencia 8 Months Ago
- ‘Bully. Coward. Victim.’ dives deep into the life of an ‘evil’ man 8 Months Ago
- Paul Rudd acts his tail off in Netflix’s ‘Living With Yourself’ Today 8:15 AM
- Amazon’s ‘Modern Love’ adaptation feels like an ad for love Today 7:00 AM
- Paul Dano will play the Riddler in ‘The Batman’ Today 6:59 AM
- How Fakku pulled classic dating game True Love ’95 out of licensing hell Today 6:00 AM
- This Twitter account is parodying Amazon customer service Thursday 8:52 PM
- How to live stream Oleksandr Gvozdyk vs. Artur Beterbiev Thursday 7:00 PM
- Shaggy says an online scammer is impersonating him Thursday 6:53 PM
- IRL Barbie Malibu Dreamhouse available to rent on Airbnb Thursday 6:16 PM
- Men’s Humor trolled for unknowingly tweeting Grindr conversation Thursday 5:29 PM
- How to stream Dominick Reyes vs. Chris Weidman Thursday 5:00 PM
Conservative pundit Megyn Kelly and comedian Sarah Silverman exchanged fighting words in a Twitter feud on Wednesday.
The conflict was kicked off by a perplexing tweet from President Donald Trump. Totally knowing how global climate change works, Trump made fun of the fact that one of Sen. Amy Klobuchar’s (D-Minn.) policy points is fighting global warming and that Klobuchar announced she’s running for president in the middle of a snowstorm.
Well, it happened again. Amy Klobuchar announced that she is running for President, talking proudly of fighting global warming while standing in a virtual blizzard of snow, ice and freezing temperatures. Bad timing. By the end of her speech she looked like a Snowman(woman)!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 10, 2019
Silverman couldn’t stand for this line of thinking and unleashed her critique.
“No point in explaining how mind blowingly stupid this tweet is so I’m just gonna go with FUCK YOU,” Silverman wrote amid a barrage of insults.
No point in explaining how mind blowingly stupid this tweet is so I’m just gonna go with FUCK YOU, and also add that you are a smelly penis hole with balls that touch water. Eat shit, you greedy twat. https://t.co/cqUQtHWtlW— Sarah Silverman (@SarahKSilverman) February 12, 2019
Kelly then implied that Silverman is unfit to voice a character in a children’s movie because of her language.
This woman wants to star in children’s movies produced by Disney. (And just did, in Ralph Breaks the Internet.) https://t.co/WwHEPFBka6— Megyn Kelly (@megynkelly) February 12, 2019
Kelly was fired from NBC last year after sharing her thoughts on blackface during her hour block of The Today Show. “Back when I was a kid that was okay, as long as you were dressing up as, like, a character,” Kelly said in her original comments. Kelly had switched to hosting The Today Show after leaving Fox News.
Leaning into this, Silverman acknowledged her own versatility.
“We all have many sides and I think that’s OK,” she wrote.
It’s true! I am a blue explicit often political comedian and also love doing voices for children. I know it’s easier if people are one thing but no one is, not even you! We all have many sides and I think that’s ok. Peace Ma https://t.co/moi7uEBpbc— Sarah Silverman (@SarahKSilverman) February 12, 2019
Silverman wrapped the bow on the argument by switching the focus back to the more pressing issues at hand.
“Ps I’m more offended by a president who denies a real threat 97 percent of scientists beg him to take action on while creating a fake threat out of at-risk brown people at the border,” Silverman tweeted.
Ps I’m more offended by a president who denies a real threat 97% of scientists beg him to take action on while creating a fake threat out of at-risk brown people at the border https://t.co/moi7uEBpbc— Sarah Silverman (@SarahKSilverman) February 12, 2019
- Kim Kardashian opens up about managing psoriasis on Instagram
- Chris Pratt responds to anti-LGBTQ church controversy—but people aren’t having it
- Chadwick Boseman joins Spike Lee drama ‘Da 5 Bloods’
Ignacio Martinez is a journalism student at the University of Texas at Austin and an intern at the Daily Dot. His work has appeared in the Texas Observer and on the airwaves at KVRX 91.7 FM.