- In season 2, ‘Succession’ has quietly become one of the best shows on TV Sunday 9:10 PM
- Alexa Demie shares the beauty inspiration behind ‘Euphoria’s’ Maddy Sunday 5:47 PM
- Fans just discovered Lizzo’s old YouTube channel–and it’s full of gems Sunday 4:22 PM
- The ‘Final Destination’ movies are now streaming on Hulu Sunday 2:44 PM
- Marvel asked ‘Maus’ author to remove Trump reference from essay–he refused Sunday 2:02 PM
- Counselors reportedly pressured to share private info about Facebook moderators Sunday 1:20 PM
- Barstool Sports founder under investigation for anti-union tweets Sunday 12:34 PM
- Harmony Korine’s ‘The Beach Bum’ is now streaming on Hulu Sunday 12:19 PM
- How an Instagram feud led to the death of 9-year-old girl Sunday 11:08 AM
- A scarier ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ extended director’s cut is coming to Blu-ray Sunday 9:15 AM
- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate Sunday 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Sunday 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Sunday 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
Ice-T has never had a bagel in his life, or so he tweeted on Friday. Get this: He has also never had coffee.
Needless to say, the internet is shook.
Lol. I’ve never eaten a Bagel in my life... https://t.co/1a4jtL9qTP— ICE T (@FINALLEVEL) November 9, 2018
I’ve never drank a cup of Coffee ☕️ either... Go CRAZY!!!— ICE T (@FINALLEVEL) November 9, 2018
Twitter user @kimsue1266 pointed out that he had a cinnamon raisin bagel while playing Odafin “Fin” Tutuola on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. But if you look closely at the video clip by Vulture, Ice-T never takes a bite of the bagel, leaving it untouched.
Lol. TV is make believe. https://t.co/gLcazwSOey— ICE T (@FINALLEVEL) November 9, 2018
Twitter expressed its disbelief, asking how it’s possible that in his 60 years of living, Ice-T—who was born in Newark, New Jersey, a stone’s throw from New York City, arguably the bagel capital of America (don’t fight me)—has never had what’s considered a staple breakfast option for most Americans.
You've been playing an NYPD cop for 18yrs and never had a bagel?— B'Gandhi (@leisureforce75) November 9, 2018
You've missing out man, give them a try!— Ohmwrecker (@Ohmwrecker) November 9, 2018
Sir... wtf pic.twitter.com/WGWKOqP1Z8— Snowflakeisha (@dessirae29) November 9, 2018
you should try one dude— Rob Rousseau (@robrousseau) November 9, 2018
People started to debate what type of bagel Ice-T should have as his first. (Everything, of course.)
But what should he try for his first? Plain? Sesame? Everything? Blueberry? Toasted? Cream cheese? So many options.— Shane Nikolao (@snikolao) November 9, 2018
Sesame. Ideally sesame egg or Black Russian, but sesame anything. And yes, cream cheese is required.— onward2waffles (@onward2waffles) November 9, 2018
Everything bagels are EVERYTHING! And yes cream cheese is a must.— B. Pea (@beepea06) November 9, 2018
Everything with cream cheese.— chris (@wentzylvania717) November 9, 2018
Even Philadelphia Cream Cheese asked Ice-T if he would be willing to try some bagels; they’d even send him some.
Ice, we’re trying to remain calm, we’re just having a hard time letting you miss out on deliciousness. We’d be happy to send you some bagels and cream cheese so you can see for yourself. Thoughts?— PHILADELPHIA (@LoveMyPhilly) November 9, 2018
Some even tried to defend Ice-T’s decision-making.
I had one once in Nevada and it was awful! Should I ever find myself in NYC I will take you on your word and try again 🙂— Tanith (@erikatanith) November 9, 2018
Most were just stressed out.
Me when I heard the news Ice T dishing tea that he’s never had a bagel ever...never...ever. pic.twitter.com/fgMVOKuI7K— The Smoky Poet (@TheSmokyPoet) November 9, 2018
Ice-T is not the only celebrity to have limited his food options. Apparently, Kylie Jenner has never had cereal with milk until this year, an experience she called “life-changing.” (Though, that claim has since been debated.)
So Ice-T, make like Kylie and try a very standard breakfast food and tell us what you think. Please put us out of our misery.
Sunny Kim studies journalism at the University of Texas at Austin. She's an editorial intern with the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in the Daily Texan and Popular Mechanics.