- Nicolás Maduro’s English Twitter account was suspended with no public explanation 1 Year Ago
- Man claims ex-girlfriend killed his dog after he broke up with her Today 1:02 PM
- What are BitTorrent downloads and how do they work? Today 12:58 PM
- ICE cuts the cord on real immigrant hotline after being featured in ‘Orange Is the New Black’ Today 10:49 AM
- The 10 best music podcasts for artist interviews and criticism in 2019 Today 10:41 AM
- How a socialist Twitch streamer landed in a feud with Dan Crenshaw Today 10:07 AM
- How to prepare for your fantasy football draft (and season) Today 9:00 AM
- Kit Harington is joining the MCU–and people are guessing which character he will play Today 8:48 AM
- How to live stream Juan Francisco Estrada vs. Dewayne Beamon Today 8:00 AM
- The 5 best free torrent clients you can download in 2019 Today 8:00 AM
- How to stream Saints vs. Jets in NFL preseason action Today 7:49 AM
- How to stream Chiefs vs. 49ers in NFL preseason action Today 7:36 AM
- How to live stream Bellator 225: Mitrione vs. Kharitonov Today 7:30 AM
- Alice Wetterlund draws insight from the last decade in ‘My Mama Is a Human and So Am I’ Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream the Cowboys vs. Texans NFL preseason showdown Today 7:00 AM
Avengers: Infinity War is teeming with more than two dozen comic book characters. Somehow, the movie pulls it off. But it’s still hard to keep track of what happens to every character since some of them only get a few scenes. Like Doctor Strange‘s sidekick, Wong. (Spoiler alert: Infinity War plot points revealed below.)
Wong (played by Benedict Wong) appears in the New York scenes at the beginning of the film, when Ebony Maw and Cull Obsidian arrive to take one of the Infinity Stones from Doctor Strange. After teaming up with Strange, Bruce Banner, and Tony Stark for a few fight scenes, Wong then announces he is going back to the New York Sanctum to, you know, watch it. He then disappears through a portal. And that’s it! We don’t see him for the rest of the film. Meanwhile, the rest of the Avengers are risking their lives fighting the supervillain Thanos from destroying the universe.
We’ll probably see Wong in the next Avengers film. Maybe he’ll return at a pivotal point. But right now, the internet loves the fact that he decided to stay home and bow out of the fight. It’s the right call.
Memes of Wong peacing out of Infinity War early are all over Twitter this week.
Wong: What you boutta do?— Casey Dri. (@LeanandCuisine) May 2, 2018
Bruce: Make a call, what about you?
Wong going in that portal home & never to be seen for the rest of the movie. pic.twitter.com/7nT059EYpD— It’s #DreDay ♉️ (@Drebae_) May 3, 2018
wong vs. everyone else in infinity war pic.twitter.com/XsiM7E5QGz— maia (@amidalastark) May 3, 2018
Wong during the fight scene in Infinity War https://t.co/matxMtnYm5— infinity war really changed lives (@itsjakeke) April 30, 2018
People are also using a promo photo of Wong as a meme. If someone invites you to a sit-down birthday dinner or asks you to do something else that you want to get out of, simply pull a Wong and disappear.
"Hey I'm celebrating my birthday at a restaurant. You're invited!"— David Dennis Jr. (@DavidDTSS) May 1, 2018
“sorry I missed your texts just woke up” pic.twitter.com/f7nArdvrEK— sreekar (@sreekyshooter) May 1, 2018
Bouncer: “It’s gonna be 20 at the door fellas”— Black Kevin Arnold (@bnease) April 30, 2018
Wong may be the most relatable hero in Infinity War. Trouble begins and he gets the hell out of Dodge. Maybe he needs his own film?
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.