- ‘Zybourne Clock’ original art is selling for over $4,000 on eBay 2 Years Ago
- What is TikTok famous club, and can you trust it? 2 Years Ago
- ‘John Wick 4’ and ‘The Matrix 4,’ both starring Keanu Reeves, will come out on the same day 2 Years Ago
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 15: It’s Tannehill’s world 2 Years Ago
- Trump mocks Greta Thunberg over ‘person of the year’ win Today 7:55 AM
- Temple student refers to Philly as the ‘ghetto’ in ‘unacceptable’ TikTok Today 7:52 AM
- The decade the hucksters overran the halls of power Today 6:30 AM
- Ninja mocked for not knowing how to make a sandwich Wednesday 9:30 PM
- Marvel comics writer discusses misogyny in the industry Wednesday 9:09 PM
- TikTok conspiracy theorists think Juice WRLD is still alive Wednesday 7:03 PM
- Conservatives are protesting YouTube’s new harassment rules Wednesday 5:36 PM
- YouTuber’s ‘creepy’ comment about Taylor Swift’s eggs gets ratioed Wednesday 5:31 PM
- Bloomberg razzed for accidentally making an Alexa Fleshlight Wednesday 5:29 PM
- Who is putting cowboy hats on pigeons? Wednesday 4:33 PM
- Scammer reportedly bribed Facebook employee to keep posts up Wednesday 3:36 PM
Avengers: Infinity War has now been out in theaters for several days. But some people haven’t had a chance to see it yet. We get it! However, this post will discuss an Infinity War meme that contains a spoiler for the movie. So if you don’t want to know anything about the movie, proceed with caution. This is our *only* spoiler warning.
Alright, let’s talk about memes.
Infinity War is an action-packed comic book movie with so many characters you might leave the theater without remembering everyone who starred in the film. There’s almost too much material for memes. Many of the jokes around Infinity War involve Thanos, the supervillain who seeks all six Infinity Stones over the course of the film. But one specific Infinity War meme is dominating the internet right now, and it involves making characters in pop culture turn into dust.
Here’s Fraiser disappearing:
"N-Niles..." pic.twitter.com/TYe9Zhw5Nd— Jack Buckerberg (@buckleyjack) April 30, 2018
Here’s Bob Hoskins, as Mario, starting to disintegrate:
"L-Luigi..." pic.twitter.com/cSRDxSPDRc— Ian Patterson (@Ian_Patterson_1) May 1, 2018
No, not Crash Bandicoot!
oh god...— brandon [104/300] (@SHININGWlZARD) April 29, 2018
oh Fuck pic.twitter.com/yNnAwzarAT
If you’ve seen Infinity War, you know why everyone is slowing turning into dust. It happens to several main characters at the end of the movie once Thanos collects all the stones and erases half of the population in the universe. Several of the memes that mimic the effect in the movie (using Photoshop tools) include the caption, “I don’t feel so good,” which is an emotional line uttered by one of the characters as he turns into dust. (I’m not crying. You’re crying.)
“Like Scoob, I don’t feel so good” pic.twitter.com/V5DWaPnAqB— V.RI (@VanillaRiceYT) April 30, 2018
“Heh, you know I had to.... huh... I don’t think I can do it to em.... I don’t feel so good... oh god...” pic.twitter.com/nYpLAOgqeP— j™ (@bonjourlapeen) May 1, 2018
"Superintendent, I don't feel so good." pic.twitter.com/3XeOXHctp5— Ice (@IceSeason101) April 30, 2018
The ’90s-era Microsoft Windows logo predicted its own fate:
bill, i don't feel so good... pic.twitter.com/p3M21nU4rO— T9 (@Thafnine) May 1, 2018
The Infinity War meme has endless uses; just pick an image and Photoshop it to make it look like the subject in it is slowly disintegrating. The internet was turning images of characters and people into dust for memes before Infinity War was released. According to Know Your Meme, “particle dispersion effect” memes took off a year ago. This meme just got another life, and we hope we’ll be able to say the same for several of the Marvel characters who turned into dust in Infinity War.
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.