- Insurance company to ‘reevaluate’ relationship with Tucker Carlson after racist comment Today 3:59 PM
- Netflix’s instant rewind button is not popular with users Today 2:20 PM
- Offset interrupted Cardi B’s set at Rolling Loud Festival, and fans are pissed Today 1:18 PM
- ‘Ms. Marvel’ gets a new, award-winning writer in Saladin Ahmed Today 11:32 AM
- ‘SNL’ gives us the daddy pageant we’ve been dying for Today 10:28 AM
- How pranksters fooled the internet in 2018 Today 8:00 AM
- 2018 belonged to trans people Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch local channels on Roku Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch Levante vs. Barcelona online for free Today 6:19 AM
- How to watch Liverpool vs. Manchester United online for free Today 6:00 AM
- The best couch co-op video games for couples Today 6:00 AM
- Pete Davidson is OK and at work following alarming Instagram post Saturday 7:26 PM
- Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker doesn’t know how to use a Venn diagram Saturday 5:38 PM
- This college student made a movie trailer to tease her boyfriend, and Twitter can’t get enough (updated) Saturday 3:13 PM
- ‘Kappa Delta Crypto’ aims to break stereotypes in five-minute Snapchat episodes Saturday 2:29 PM
As Trump met with North Korea, the internet was memeing
The most ambitious crossover meeting?
While the historic summit between President Donald Trump and North Korea‘s leader Kim Jong-un on Tuesday may have produced an agreement that aims to denuclearize the Korean peninsula, it also was fertile ground for numerous memes.
As the two leaders met in Singapore to discuss the agreement, the internet was ablaze with memes, jokes, and comments to mark the occasion.
You all knew this just *had* to happen right? pic.twitter.com/uIgeGJEoYq
— Jameson Berkow (@crudereporter) June 12, 2018
And there was a reference to the “most ambitious crossover event in history” Avengers meme.
Marvel: “Avengers Infinity War is the most ambitious crossover event in history”.
— CHUMIBEBÉ (@ChumelTorres) June 11, 2018
But mostly, the internet just riffed on the meeting. Many of the jokes seemed to center on the agreement the two countries signed or some of the more awkward photos taken of the two leaders.
— Joe In Memphis 🌊 (@MEMLiberal) June 12, 2018
— Nicholas Hamilton (@Nic_Hamilton) June 12, 2018
— Tater tots (@tweetsontots) June 12, 2018
BREAKING: Historic document signed by Trump and Kim released: pic.twitter.com/SdN3CgiQ9H
— Scott Hallock (@thebestideaswin) June 12, 2018
— Robbie (@Rchap81) June 12, 2018
— NYGiants (@LuvMeSumGMEN) June 12, 2018
— Severus Snape (@_PS_Snape) June 12, 2018
Credit: uhnonotthememes I have to post for him because he can't 🙁 pic.twitter.com/EPxJpttkmp
— Rodrigo Gamiño (@rodroyeah) June 12, 2018
The meeting may have been high-stakes, but that didn’t stop the internet from laughing the whole time.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).