- Boys’ sleepovers vs. girls’ sleepovers meme takes stereotypes to absurd heights Tuesday 7:30 PM
- Petition wants Keanu Reeves to be named ‘Time Person of the Year’ Tuesday 6:33 PM
- 8 women accuse Max Landis of sexual, emotional abuse Tuesday 5:37 PM
- Taylor Swift accused of copying Beyoncé—again Tuesday 5:00 PM
- Everything you need to know about Libra, Facebook’s new cryptocurrency Tuesday 4:45 PM
- Netflix just renewed ‘Queer Eye’ for 2 more seasons Tuesday 4:32 PM
- YouTube’s queen of failed robots just unveiled a one-of-a-kind Tesla truck Tuesday 3:58 PM
- AOC infuriates conservatives with ‘concentration camps’ remark Tuesday 3:33 PM
- TikTok users explore identity with Lin Manuel Miranda-inspired meme Tuesday 3:24 PM
- TikTok apology video inspires new duet meme Tuesday 2:51 PM
- Man sues brewery after identifying as female to get beer discount Tuesday 2:31 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Hulu in July 2019 Tuesday 2:22 PM
- This biotech company’s logo is almost straight out of Resident Evil Tuesday 1:26 PM
- Trump says mass deportations to start next week Tuesday 12:28 PM
- GOP pollster bothered by broken elevator in Austria blames socialism Tuesday 10:50 AM
As Trump met with North Korea, the internet was memeing
The most ambitious crossover meeting?
While the historic summit between President Donald Trump and North Korea‘s leader Kim Jong-un on Tuesday may have produced an agreement that aims to denuclearize the Korean peninsula, it also was fertile ground for numerous memes.
As the two leaders met in Singapore to discuss the agreement, the internet was ablaze with memes, jokes, and comments to mark the occasion.
You all knew this just *had* to happen right? pic.twitter.com/uIgeGJEoYq
— Jameson Berkow (@crudereporter) June 12, 2018
And there was a reference to the “most ambitious crossover event in history” Avengers meme.
Marvel: “Avengers Infinity War is the most ambitious crossover event in history”.
— CHUMIBEBÉ (@ChumelTorres) June 11, 2018
But mostly, the internet just riffed on the meeting. Many of the jokes seemed to center on the agreement the two countries signed or some of the more awkward photos taken of the two leaders.
— Joe In Memphis 🌊 (@MEMLiberal) June 12, 2018
— Nicholas Hamilton (@Nic_Hamilton) June 12, 2018
— Tater tots (@tweetsontots) June 12, 2018
BREAKING: Historic document signed by Trump and Kim released: pic.twitter.com/SdN3CgiQ9H
— Scott Hallock (@thebestideaswin) June 12, 2018
— Robbie (@Rchap81) June 12, 2018
— NYGiants (@LuvMeSumGMEN) June 12, 2018
— Severus Snape (@_PS_Snape) June 12, 2018
Credit: uhnonotthememes I have to post for him because he can't 🙁 pic.twitter.com/EPxJpttkmp
— Rodrigo Gamiño (@rodroyeah) June 12, 2018
The meeting may have been high-stakes, but that didn’t stop the internet from laughing the whole time.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).