- Was Bloomberg owned harder on the debate stage or by Twitter? Today 8:54 AM
- Make ‘Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ your desert island game Today 8:51 AM
- Everyone’s trying to dance like Jennifer Lopez on TikTok Today 8:27 AM
- Why the coronavirus bioweapon theory persists Today 7:57 AM
- You won’t see deleted scenes on the ‘Rise of Skywalker’ home release Today 7:47 AM
- The return of ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ throws you right back into the fight Today 7:00 AM
- Am I overreacting to a Facebook message from a dating app match? Today 6:00 AM
- Buttigieg, Klobuchar come together to laugh at Bloomberg Wednesday 10:29 PM
- Bernie Sanders calls Bloomberg’s wealth ‘grotesque’ to his face Wednesday 9:53 PM
- Angry Bloomberg asks debate moderators if he’s ‘chicken liver’ Wednesday 9:29 PM
- Elizabeth Warren savages everyone else’s healthcare plan Wednesday 9:07 PM
- K-Pop stans help push ‘Pooping for Kaitlin’ hashtag mocking Kent State gun girl Wednesday 8:54 PM
- Fans speculate after learning Pop Smoke posted address prior to fatal home invasion Wednesday 8:11 PM
- Jar of human tongues found in Florida has people shook Wednesday 6:39 PM
- Video of Blueface teaching Obama lookalike to dance is turning heads Wednesday 5:58 PM
While the historic summit between President Donald Trump and North Korea‘s leader Kim Jong-un on Tuesday may have produced an agreement that aims to denuclearize the Korean peninsula, it also was fertile ground for numerous memes.
As the two leaders met in Singapore to discuss the agreement, the internet was ablaze with memes, jokes, and comments to mark the occasion.
You all knew this just *had* to happen right? pic.twitter.com/uIgeGJEoYq— Jameson Berkow (@crudereporter) June 12, 2018
And there was a reference to the “most ambitious crossover event in history” Avengers meme.
Marvel: “Avengers Infinity War is the most ambitious crossover event in history”.— CHUMIBEBÉ (@ChumelTorres) June 11, 2018
But mostly, the internet just riffed on the meeting. Many of the jokes seemed to center on the agreement the two countries signed or some of the more awkward photos taken of the two leaders.
BREAKING: Historic document signed by Trump and Kim released: pic.twitter.com/SdN3CgiQ9H— Scott Hallock (@thebestideaswin) June 12, 2018
Credit: uhnonotthememes I have to post for him because he can't 🙁 pic.twitter.com/EPxJpttkmp— Rodrigo Gamiño (@rodroyeah) June 12, 2018
The meeting may have been high-stakes, but that didn’t stop the internet from laughing the whole time.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).