- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it 10 Months Ago
- Literary Twitter calls out Dzanc Books for Islamophobic, racist novel 10 Months Ago
- How to watch Crawford vs. Khan online Today 10:00 AM
- Beyoncé has 2 more projects coming to Netflix after ‘Homecoming’ Today 9:53 AM
- How to watch Danny Garcia vs. Adrian Granados for free Today 9:00 AM
- The ‘Feeling Cute Challenge’ turns ugly after correctional officers abuse it Today 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘How High 2’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- Swipe This! My ex-BFF keeps sliding into my DMs, but I don’t want to be friends Today 6:30 AM
- Watch ‘I Am Somebody’s Child: The Regina Louise Story’ for free Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Real Sociedad for free Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 149 for free Today 5:30 AM
- PDF Association dunks on Mueller report PDF Friday 7:33 PM
- Robert Downey Jr. says ‘Endgame’ finale is ‘best 8 minutes’ of any MCU film Friday 4:42 PM
- Elizabeth Warren calls on Congress to impeach Trump Friday 3:43 PM
- BlackBerry Messenger is still a thing—but not for much longer Friday 2:56 PM
As Trump met with North Korea, the internet was memeing
The most ambitious crossover meeting?
While the historic summit between President Donald Trump and North Korea‘s leader Kim Jong-un on Tuesday may have produced an agreement that aims to denuclearize the Korean peninsula, it also was fertile ground for numerous memes.
As the two leaders met in Singapore to discuss the agreement, the internet was ablaze with memes, jokes, and comments to mark the occasion.
You all knew this just *had* to happen right? pic.twitter.com/uIgeGJEoYq
— Jameson Berkow (@crudereporter) June 12, 2018
And there was a reference to the “most ambitious crossover event in history” Avengers meme.
Marvel: “Avengers Infinity War is the most ambitious crossover event in history”.
— CHUMIBEBÉ (@ChumelTorres) June 11, 2018
But mostly, the internet just riffed on the meeting. Many of the jokes seemed to center on the agreement the two countries signed or some of the more awkward photos taken of the two leaders.
— Joe In Memphis 🌊 (@MEMLiberal) June 12, 2018
— Nicholas Hamilton (@Nic_Hamilton) June 12, 2018
— Tater tots (@tweetsontots) June 12, 2018
BREAKING: Historic document signed by Trump and Kim released: pic.twitter.com/SdN3CgiQ9H
— Scott Hallock (@thebestideaswin) June 12, 2018
— Robbie (@Rchap81) June 12, 2018
— NYGiants (@LuvMeSumGMEN) June 12, 2018
— Severus Snape (@_PS_Snape) June 12, 2018
Credit: uhnonotthememes I have to post for him because he can't 🙁 pic.twitter.com/EPxJpttkmp
— Rodrigo Gamiño (@rodroyeah) June 12, 2018
The meeting may have been high-stakes, but that didn’t stop the internet from laughing the whole time.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).