- Judge orders Roger Stone to appear in court after his Instagram post 8 Months Ago
- I worked with the migrant caravan—and Trump is the cause of his national emergency 8 Months Ago
- How to watch Liverpool vs. Bayern Munich online for free 8 Months Ago
- ‘Patriot Act’ volume 2 proves Hasan Minhaj is the next big star of the news-comedy genre 8 Months Ago
- ‘Friends From College’ canceled after 2 seasons at Netflix Today 10:53 AM
- Allow your wallet to be your spirit guide during this rad anime sale Today 10:43 AM
- Man stages fake DUI trial to propose to girlfriend, and people are asking why Today 10:40 AM
- Bernie Sanders’ website full of 404s on launch day Today 10:23 AM
- Pose’s Indya Moore goes viral for arguing trans women have ‘biologically female’ penises Today 10:21 AM
- Howard Schultz pens Medium essay declaring ‘unprecedented appetite’ for Schultz 2020 Today 9:56 AM
- The weirdest movie at the Oscars is ‘Border’ Today 9:22 AM
- Did Elon Musk just host PewDiePie’s meme review? Today 8:53 AM
- Loona stans take over Twitter with praise for the ‘Butterfly’ video Today 7:31 AM
- ‘Yucatán’ is a caper comedy that’s long on cons but short on laughs Today 7:00 AM
- The best memes of 2019 Today 7:00 AM
As Trump met with North Korea, the internet was memeing
The most ambitious crossover meeting?
While the historic summit between President Donald Trump and North Korea‘s leader Kim Jong-un on Tuesday may have produced an agreement that aims to denuclearize the Korean peninsula, it also was fertile ground for numerous memes.
As the two leaders met in Singapore to discuss the agreement, the internet was ablaze with memes, jokes, and comments to mark the occasion.
You all knew this just *had* to happen right? pic.twitter.com/uIgeGJEoYq
— Jameson Berkow (@crudereporter) June 12, 2018
And there was a reference to the “most ambitious crossover event in history” Avengers meme.
Marvel: “Avengers Infinity War is the most ambitious crossover event in history”.
— CHUMIBEBÉ (@ChumelTorres) June 11, 2018
But mostly, the internet just riffed on the meeting. Many of the jokes seemed to center on the agreement the two countries signed or some of the more awkward photos taken of the two leaders.
— Joe In Memphis 🌊 (@MEMLiberal) June 12, 2018
— Nicholas Hamilton (@Nic_Hamilton) June 12, 2018
— Tater tots (@tweetsontots) June 12, 2018
BREAKING: Historic document signed by Trump and Kim released: pic.twitter.com/SdN3CgiQ9H
— Scott Hallock (@thebestideaswin) June 12, 2018
— Robbie (@Rchap81) June 12, 2018
— NYGiants (@LuvMeSumGMEN) June 12, 2018
— Severus Snape (@_PS_Snape) June 12, 2018
Credit: uhnonotthememes I have to post for him because he can't 🙁 pic.twitter.com/EPxJpttkmp
— Rodrigo Gamiño (@rodroyeah) June 12, 2018
The meeting may have been high-stakes, but that didn’t stop the internet from laughing the whole time.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).