- House promises April vote on bill to restore net neutrality rules 5 Months Ago
- Here’s how many YouTube subscribers Shane Dawson lost for his old bestiality joke Today 9:26 AM
- Drag queen spreads joy to toddler, world with ‘Baby Shark’ performance Today 9:21 AM
- How many ‘chuggas’ should come before choo choo? Today 9:10 AM
- Cory Booker’s weirdly sensual relationship with coffee resurfaces Today 8:31 AM
- Everything you need to know about gaming chat client Discord Today 8:00 AM
- Report: Your Facebook feed is still ripe with fake news Today 7:42 AM
- The 10 best movies based on true stories on Hulu Today 7:00 AM
- Prager University is fighting ‘leftist indoctrination’ on college campuses Today 7:00 AM
- Can ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3’ recover from its disastrous drama? Today 6:00 AM
- Devin Nunes is suing Twitter over parody accounts of his mom, cow Monday 8:15 PM
- The best new movies at SXSW 2019 Monday 7:55 PM
- #AbledsAreWeird demonstrates how not to treat people with disabilities Monday 7:33 PM
- YouTubers keep uploading racist meme anthem played by New Zealand shooter Monday 5:38 PM
- Myspace confirms that a decade-plus of user-uploaded music is gone Monday 5:03 PM
This cat’s ‘Stranger Things’ Demogorgon transformation is awesome
This costume is purrrrrfect.
Still looking for a Halloween costume? Thinking about going as someone (or something) from Stranger Things? Give it up. You’ve already been outdone by a cat.
One adorable cat, presumably belonging to Twitter user @kri1226, is living its best life as a Demogorgon from the chilling retro-tinged Netflix original series Stranger Things. In a GIF posted to Twitter, we see the adorable cat clad in a mechanical Demogorgon headpiece that appears to open and close on its own, revealing the flower-like insides of its mouth, with sharp teeth lining the edges of each petal.
— 栗林和明@CHOCOLATE (@kri1226) October 27, 2018
The creature, ubiquitous in the Upside Down, is similar to amphibious beings and begins life as pollywogs before transforming into “Frogogorgons” and then the catlike “Catogorgon.” Finally, it molts into the “Demodog” stage before assuming its final form, the Demogorgon. The cat is based on the monster’s final form, which is by far the scariest. The Demogorgon is one of the most familiar sights in Stranger Things, just like Eleven’s Eggos waffles and Dustin’s toothy smile.
There isn’t any information on how the headpiece works or if the cat doesn’t mind it, but the costume is pretty amazing. The reactions, many of which are in Japanese, are just as excited as you’d think.
— SUITCASE.EXE (@uglybarnicle025) October 29, 2018
Feed me Seymour!
— Hquinn2627 (@hquinn26272) October 28, 2018
Oh God! They combined the most vicious and terrifying creature of all time with a demogorgon.
— Dajan Tafari (@DajanTheLion) October 28, 2018
You can hear me laughing I’m sure 😂😂😂
— sydnie (@sydthekid_120) October 29, 2018
the best halloween costume i've ever seen @sorryinadvances
— Gita (@gitaskm) October 28, 2018
Ohhhh a Catgorgon
— Ex-Wife Karen (@sorryinadvances) October 28, 2018
That's a cat? I thought it was Gabora… / それは猫ですか？ 私はそれがガボラだと思った pic.twitter.com/IGT9X4PYGi
— John Drooney (@Godzilla73rules) October 28, 2018
Hilarious! I want one!
— Stephanie Herb (@StephanieHerb1) October 29, 2018
my costume better be that cool
— demi (@demixchata) October 29, 2018
Someone related the cat to a scene from the anime and manga series Parasyte, where a human infected by an alien creature opens their entire face to devour someone.
Another likened it to the catlike “Stray Cat” stand ability from Tama the cat in Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable, utilized by the character Yoshikage Kira.
— こうすけ (@kosukenosuke125) October 28, 2018
Know what’s important, though? All that bluster, and it’s still an adorable cat in a creepy costume, and we want to give it all the cuddles.
I would pet him no matter what
— aqchrczk (@aqchrczk) October 28, 2018
Brittany Vincent has covered gaming, anime, tech, and entertainment for over a decade. When she’s not writing, she’s replaying Um Jammer Lammy or Day of the Tentacle for the hundredth time while pining for a Harvester sequel. Find her on Twitter @MolotovCupcake.