- Lori Harvey reportedly trying to walk away from hit-and-run spawns memes 12 Months Ago
- In Netflix’s ‘Upstarts,’ Silicon Valley CEOs are the good guys Today 4:35 PM
- This video of a tree struck by lightning is… relatable? Today 4:13 PM
- How to watch ‘Keeping Faith’ Today 3:37 PM
- ‘South Park’ at the center of $500 million streaming war Today 3:16 PM
- Pizza Hut and Papa John’s employees pranked into talking to each other on the phone Today 2:34 PM
- Twitter bullies brought Jordan Peterson to tears Today 2:24 PM
- 25 last-minute Halloween costumes for those with no time to shop Today 1:30 PM
- Krassensteins return to Twitter and are immediately suspended Today 1:01 PM
- Tom Brady insists he didn’t parody Robert Kraft in ‘Living with Yourself’ cameo Today 12:52 PM
- Black security guard fired for telling student not to call him the N-word Today 12:38 PM
- How Watchmen’s Bass Reeves cameo ties into the original comic Today 12:34 PM
- Todrick Hall’s former assistant blasts him for abuse, non-payment, dissing Taylor Swift Today 12:32 PM
- Maggie Rogers calls out catcaller at Austin concert Today 12:12 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Unnatural Selection’ breaks down the pros and cons of biohacking Today 11:52 AM
If there’s one thing we all know about Halloween in America, it’s that anything can be sexy given right the costume. If you’re aren’t happy being a sexy Pikachu or Fozzie Bear, you can even go as an erotically enticing Donald Trump.
So it shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise that Paris Hilton showed up at a party recently dressed as a sexy Furby. After all, they both peaked in the early 2000s and nobody could ever truly explain why either was so popular. (Long Furbies are currently all the rage.)
Paris Hilton dresses as a sexy Furby last night at the Casamigos Halloween bash and I'm here for it. pic.twitter.com/9cseEwpV0i— Dave Quinn (@NineDaves) October 27, 2018
The tweet showing Hilton in the costume was originally posted by People news reporter and self-described “Slave to the Real Housewives” David Quinn, who was attending the Casamigos’ annual Halloween party. The party is put on by the tequila brand founded by George Clooney and Rande Gerber, and it draws big Hollywood names every year.
Everyone seemed to be enjoying the Furby/Hilton mashup on Twitter, either because they wanted to poke some fun at two cultural icons, or because they legitimately thought the outfit was hot.
Furby — circa 2000 when Paris Hilton was still relevant.— David Stehle (@davidstehle) October 29, 2018
This was the best idea to happen ever I'm starting the furby takeover— haunted hoe! (@georgiagray__) October 29, 2018
And here I thought Furbies couldn't get any scarier... pic.twitter.com/N0N39NMaOd— т я α ρ ~ ᴋᴀ aka Devin Nunes' braciole (@alt_kellyanne_) October 29, 2018
I'm so here for the furby costume😍— Ellie (@hazeleyesgirl2) October 29, 2018
I told my roommate and at first she thought i said herbie and she was like “the car??????????” and i was like “no furby” and she said “..........you know, i think that’s my cue to die”— iris west-allen’s bitch (@eternaljjongie) October 28, 2018
Hilton’s Furby costume wasn’t the only one to turn heads at the party. Check out this tweet from Casamigos showing some other A-listers dressed to impress. Yes as a matter of fact that is Harry Styles dressed as Elton John.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.