- Listen to Pitbull cover Toto’s ‘Africa’ for the ‘Aquaman’ soundtrack—or don’t 2 Months Ago
- Nancy Pelosi’s coat is the meme the resistance needed 2 Months Ago
- Oprah says what was really on her mind while she ate bland chicken Today 4:00 PM
- Democrats predicted to go in on net neutrality when they take House Today 3:33 PM
- Holland Tunnel decorations are a real nightmare before Christmas Today 2:12 PM
- Amazon still won’t say whether ICE uses its facial recognition tech Today 1:13 PM
- Ninja to host Thursday Night Football Today 12:00 PM
- How to stream the NFL’s Week 15 for free Today 12:00 PM
- An undecorated room sets off a debate on Twitter Today 11:42 AM
- Netflix announces Taylor Swift ‘Reputation’ concert film Today 11:29 AM
- People are making memes out of these ‘leaked’ ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ posters Today 11:12 AM
- How to watch the Liga MX final between Club América and Cruz Azul online for free Today 10:38 AM
- Parents shocked by KKK costumes in school play Today 10:11 AM
- Learn why light therapy is the key to keeping winter skin at bay Today 9:38 AM
- Laura Loomer says she’s been banned from GoFundMe Today 9:14 AM
People are loving Paris Hilton dressed as a ‘sexy Furby’
Paris Hilton and Furby have a lot in common.
If there’s one thing we all know about Halloween in America, it’s that anything can be sexy given right the costume. If you’re aren’t happy being a sexy Pikachu or Fozzie Bear, you can even go as an erotically enticing Donald Trump.
So it shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise that Paris Hilton showed up at a party recently dressed as a sexy Furby. After all, they both peaked in the early 2000s and nobody could ever truly explain why either was so popular. (Long Furbies are currently all the rage.)
Paris Hilton dresses as a sexy Furby last night at the Casamigos Halloween bash and I'm here for it. pic.twitter.com/9cseEwpV0i
— Dave Quinn (@NineDaves) October 27, 2018
The tweet showing Hilton in the costume was originally posted by People news reporter and self-described “Slave to the Real Housewives” David Quinn, who was attending the Casamigos’ annual Halloween party. The party is put on by the tequila brand founded by George Clooney and Rande Gerber, and it draws big Hollywood names every year.
Everyone seemed to be enjoying the Furby/Hilton mashup on Twitter, either because they wanted to poke some fun at two cultural icons, or because they legitimately thought the outfit was hot.
Furby — circa 2000 when Paris Hilton was still relevant.
— David Stehle (@davidstehle) October 29, 2018
— TheMo (@TheMoInMontrose) October 27, 2018
— Moth McMoth (@mj_eaton) October 29, 2018
— nicole 🕯 🇺🇸 (@bepsiCan) October 28, 2018
This was the best idea to happen ever I'm starting the furby takeover
— haunted hoe! (@georgiagray__) October 29, 2018
I didn’t know it was 2003 still 🤦♀️
— ☃️❄️🦄snowaylacorn🦄❄️☃️ (@KaylaBraid90) October 29, 2018
— jack (@toys4thotz) October 29, 2018
And here I thought Furbies couldn't get any scarier… pic.twitter.com/N0N39NMaOd
— т я α ρ ~ ᴋᴀ🗻🌸(ﾉ◕︵◕)ﾉ*:･ﾟ✧•° (@alt_kellyanne_) October 29, 2018
I'm so here for the furby costume😍
— 🎄Ellie Frost🎄 (@hazeleyesgirl2) October 29, 2018
I told my roommate and at first she thought i said herbie and she was like “the car??????????” and i was like “no furby” and she said “……….you know, i think that’s my cue to die”
— iris west-allen’s bitch (@eternaljjongie) October 28, 2018
Hilton’s Furby costume wasn’t the only one to turn heads at the party. Check out this tweet from Casamigos showing some other A-listers dressed to impress. Yes as a matter of fact that is Harry Styles dressed as Elton John.
— Casamigos (@Casamigos) October 28, 2018
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.