- Report: Google used shell companies to build data centers, obtain tax breaks 4 Months Ago
- Grammy winner Kacey Musgraves spoiled ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars 4’ Today 2:24 PM
- Conservatives feel vindicated by new developments in Jussie Smollett case Today 12:19 PM
- Don Cheadle made important fashion choices on ‘SNL’ Today 9:47 AM
- Why the Twitter left loves to dunk on Max Boot Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch ‘Last Week Tonight with John Oliver’ online for free Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Francis Ngannou vs. Cain Velasquez for free Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream the 2019 Daytona 500 for free Today 5:50 AM
- 7-year-old YouTuber to get his own show on Nickelodeon Saturday 5:30 PM
- ‘Hipster’ jobs are trending, and Indeed says the market is booming Saturday 3:33 PM
- Trump meme removed after copyright complaint Saturday 2:15 PM
- Facebook pushes back against moderators complaining about ‘Big Brother’ environment Saturday 12:46 PM
- Twitter hid post from an account linked to Iran’s Supreme Leader Saturday 10:17 AM
- How to stream Leo Santa Cruz vs. Rafael Rivera for free Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Larry Charles’ Dangerous World of Comedy’ finds the balance between tragedy and comedy Saturday 7:30 AM
People are loving Paris Hilton dressed as a ‘sexy Furby’
Paris Hilton and Furby have a lot in common.
If there’s one thing we all know about Halloween in America, it’s that anything can be sexy given right the costume. If you’re aren’t happy being a sexy Pikachu or Fozzie Bear, you can even go as an erotically enticing Donald Trump.
So it shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise that Paris Hilton showed up at a party recently dressed as a sexy Furby. After all, they both peaked in the early 2000s and nobody could ever truly explain why either was so popular. (Long Furbies are currently all the rage.)
Paris Hilton dresses as a sexy Furby last night at the Casamigos Halloween bash and I'm here for it. pic.twitter.com/9cseEwpV0i
— Dave Quinn (@NineDaves) October 27, 2018
The tweet showing Hilton in the costume was originally posted by People news reporter and self-described “Slave to the Real Housewives” David Quinn, who was attending the Casamigos’ annual Halloween party. The party is put on by the tequila brand founded by George Clooney and Rande Gerber, and it draws big Hollywood names every year.
Everyone seemed to be enjoying the Furby/Hilton mashup on Twitter, either because they wanted to poke some fun at two cultural icons, or because they legitimately thought the outfit was hot.
Furby — circa 2000 when Paris Hilton was still relevant.
— David Stehle (@davidstehle) October 29, 2018
— TheMo (@TheMoInMontrose) October 27, 2018
— Moth McMoth (@mj_eaton) October 29, 2018
— nicole 🕯 🇺🇸 (@bepsiCan) October 28, 2018
This was the best idea to happen ever I'm starting the furby takeover
— haunted hoe! (@georgiagray__) October 29, 2018
I didn’t know it was 2003 still 🤦♀️
— ☃️❄️🦄kaylacorn🦄❄️☃️ (@KaylaBraid90) October 29, 2018
— jack (@toys4thotz) October 29, 2018
And here I thought Furbies couldn't get any scarier… pic.twitter.com/N0N39NMaOd
— т я α ρ ~ ᴋᴀ🗻🌸(ﾉ◕︵◕)ﾉ*:･ﾟ✧•° (@alt_kellyanne_) October 29, 2018
I'm so here for the furby costume😍
— 🧸Ellie🧸 (@hazeleyesgirl2) October 29, 2018
I told my roommate and at first she thought i said herbie and she was like “the car??????????” and i was like “no furby” and she said “……….you know, i think that’s my cue to die”
— iris west-allen’s bitch (@eternaljjongie) October 28, 2018
Hilton’s Furby costume wasn’t the only one to turn heads at the party. Check out this tweet from Casamigos showing some other A-listers dressed to impress. Yes as a matter of fact that is Harry Styles dressed as Elton John.
— Casamigos (@Casamigos) October 28, 2018
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.