- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Saturday 1:20 PM
- Prominent phone-hacking firm says it can unlock any iPhone for law enforcement Saturday 12:39 PM
- Hundreds of police officers belong to extremist Facebook groups, investigation finds Saturday 9:31 AM
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz online Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Late Night’ is a disappointing, tepid comedy Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Love It or List It’ for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup online for free Saturday 6:55 AM
- Borderlands 3 preview suggests the aging series can still hang with the cool kids Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream the 2019 College World Series for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- Police try to solve domestic violence by giving victims blunt kitchen knives Friday 5:40 PM
- Privacy activist Ola Bini detained for 2 months in Ecuador without charges Friday 5:01 PM
- Twitter says suspending ‘God’ for a pro-LGBTQ tweet was an ‘error’ Friday 4:14 PM
People are loving Paris Hilton dressed as a ‘sexy Furby’
Paris Hilton and Furby have a lot in common.
If there’s one thing we all know about Halloween in America, it’s that anything can be sexy given right the costume. If you’re aren’t happy being a sexy Pikachu or Fozzie Bear, you can even go as an erotically enticing Donald Trump.
So it shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise that Paris Hilton showed up at a party recently dressed as a sexy Furby. After all, they both peaked in the early 2000s and nobody could ever truly explain why either was so popular. (Long Furbies are currently all the rage.)
Paris Hilton dresses as a sexy Furby last night at the Casamigos Halloween bash and I'm here for it. pic.twitter.com/9cseEwpV0i
— Dave Quinn (@NineDaves) October 27, 2018
The tweet showing Hilton in the costume was originally posted by People news reporter and self-described “Slave to the Real Housewives” David Quinn, who was attending the Casamigos’ annual Halloween party. The party is put on by the tequila brand founded by George Clooney and Rande Gerber, and it draws big Hollywood names every year.
Everyone seemed to be enjoying the Furby/Hilton mashup on Twitter, either because they wanted to poke some fun at two cultural icons, or because they legitimately thought the outfit was hot.
Furby — circa 2000 when Paris Hilton was still relevant.
— David Stehle (@davidstehle) October 29, 2018
— TheMo (@TheMoInMontrose) October 27, 2018
— Moth McMoth (@mj_eaton) October 29, 2018
— nicole 🕯 🇺🇸 (@bepsiCan) October 28, 2018
This was the best idea to happen ever I'm starting the furby takeover
— haunted hoe! (@georgiagray__) October 29, 2018
I didn’t know it was 2003 still 🤦♀️
— 🦄kaylacorn🦄 (@KaylaBraid90) October 29, 2018
— jack (@toys4thotz) October 29, 2018
And here I thought Furbies couldn't get any scarier… pic.twitter.com/N0N39NMaOd
— т я α ρ ~ ᴋᴀ aka Devin Nunes' braciole (@alt_kellyanne_) October 29, 2018
I'm so here for the furby costume😍
— Ellie (@hazeleyesgirl2) October 29, 2018
I told my roommate and at first she thought i said herbie and she was like “the car??????????” and i was like “no furby” and she said “……….you know, i think that’s my cue to die”
— iris west-allen’s bitch (@eternaljjongie) October 28, 2018
Hilton’s Furby costume wasn’t the only one to turn heads at the party. Check out this tweet from Casamigos showing some other A-listers dressed to impress. Yes as a matter of fact that is Harry Styles dressed as Elton John.
— Casamigos (@Casamigos) October 28, 2018
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.