- Report: 5,000 Twitter bots pushed ‘Russiagate hoax’ out after Mueller Report 6 Months Ago
- Google Trends show how differently Notre Dame and Sri Lanka are being mourned 6 Months Ago
- Harvard centrists get relentlessly clowned for asking Bernie about socialism 6 Months Ago
- Facebook’s new general counsel helped craft the ‘Patriot Act’ 6 Months Ago
- Get a free month of live TV streaming while this Philo deal lasts Today 10:11 AM
- Netflix announces teen lesbian rom-com Today 10:00 AM
- Which direwolves are left in ‘Game of Thrones’? Today 9:24 AM
- 15 Cards Against Humanity expansions that everyone should own Today 9:23 AM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ premiere brings no spoilers, but plenty of emotion Today 9:03 AM
- Kamala Harris calls on House to begin impeachment proceeding against Trump Today 8:46 AM
- Twitch kills ‘Joy of Sex’ category—and gamers are furious Today 8:19 AM
- The best Mother’s Day gifts and gadgets for high-tech moms Today 7:30 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Music Teacher’ is another lifeless melodrama about an emotionally illiterate man Today 6:45 AM
- 3 things we saw at the ‘Avengers: Endgame’ premiere Today 6:30 AM
- How to use Google Home Hub as a digital photo frame Today 6:00 AM
People are loving Paris Hilton dressed as a ‘sexy Furby’
Paris Hilton and Furby have a lot in common.
If there’s one thing we all know about Halloween in America, it’s that anything can be sexy given right the costume. If you’re aren’t happy being a sexy Pikachu or Fozzie Bear, you can even go as an erotically enticing Donald Trump.
So it shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise that Paris Hilton showed up at a party recently dressed as a sexy Furby. After all, they both peaked in the early 2000s and nobody could ever truly explain why either was so popular. (Long Furbies are currently all the rage.)
Paris Hilton dresses as a sexy Furby last night at the Casamigos Halloween bash and I'm here for it. pic.twitter.com/9cseEwpV0i
— Dave Quinn (@NineDaves) October 27, 2018
The tweet showing Hilton in the costume was originally posted by People news reporter and self-described “Slave to the Real Housewives” David Quinn, who was attending the Casamigos’ annual Halloween party. The party is put on by the tequila brand founded by George Clooney and Rande Gerber, and it draws big Hollywood names every year.
Everyone seemed to be enjoying the Furby/Hilton mashup on Twitter, either because they wanted to poke some fun at two cultural icons, or because they legitimately thought the outfit was hot.
Furby — circa 2000 when Paris Hilton was still relevant.
— David Stehle (@davidstehle) October 29, 2018
— TheMo (@TheMoInMontrose) October 27, 2018
— Moth McMoth (@mj_eaton) October 29, 2018
— nicole 🕯 🇺🇸 (@bepsiCan) October 28, 2018
This was the best idea to happen ever I'm starting the furby takeover
— haunted hoe! (@georgiagray__) October 29, 2018
I didn’t know it was 2003 still 🤦♀️
— 🦄kaylacorn🦄 (@KaylaBraid90) October 29, 2018
— jack (@toys4thotz) October 29, 2018
And here I thought Furbies couldn't get any scarier… pic.twitter.com/N0N39NMaOd
— т я α ρ ~ ᴋᴀ aka Devin Nunes' braciole (@alt_kellyanne_) October 29, 2018
I'm so here for the furby costume😍
— 🧸Ellie🧸 (@hazeleyesgirl2) October 29, 2018
I told my roommate and at first she thought i said herbie and she was like “the car??????????” and i was like “no furby” and she said “……….you know, i think that’s my cue to die”
— iris west-allen’s bitch (@eternaljjongie) October 28, 2018
Hilton’s Furby costume wasn’t the only one to turn heads at the party. Check out this tweet from Casamigos showing some other A-listers dressed to impress. Yes as a matter of fact that is Harry Styles dressed as Elton John.
— Casamigos (@Casamigos) October 28, 2018
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.