- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ unmasks the time-traveling Red Angel Thursday 8:30 PM
- Everyone is making memes of Meghan McCain saying ‘my father’ on loop Thursday 8:11 PM
- Irony of Georgia’s sperm-reporting bill flies by anti-abortion advocates Thursday 7:11 PM
- Sex scandals are consuming the K-pop industry Thursday 5:44 PM
- Trump supporters are abandoning Fox News over network’s latest hire Thursday 5:20 PM
- QAnon is attacking a random woman in a disturbing and dangerous way Thursday 4:59 PM
- Google celebrates Bach with AI-powered, music-making doodle Thursday 4:53 PM
- RIP: The best free trial in all of streaming entertainment Thursday 2:19 PM
- Which ‘Florida Man’ are you? Thursday 1:06 PM
- Hundreds of millions of Facebook passwords were accessible to employees Thursday 12:55 PM
- ‘Bitch I’m Bella Thorne’ morphs into TikTok dyslexia meme Thursday 12:17 PM
- Marvel is auctioning props and costumes from Netflix’s ‘Defenders’ franchise Thursday 12:12 PM
- Net neutrality advocates plan online watch party for the ‘Save the Internet’ Act Thursday 12:01 PM
- Tim Cook turns his iPad meme into an AirPod meme Thursday 11:46 AM
- Auschwitz Memorial asks visitors to stop taking playful photos at Holocaust site Thursday 11:33 AM
This man is pissed his Ruby Tuesday outing didn’t go as expected
Richard Southers was not happy about his $65 Ruby Tuesday bill.
How much is too much to spend on a date? For Richard Southers, $65 dollars and no sex is a bad deal.
Southers posted a series of rants about his date gone wrong in the Facebook group “Exclusive 50+/- Social Club DMV Edition.” The page describes itself as “a non-ratchet and friendly group that connects people of the DMV with others with an interest in the DMV.”
In the first post, he described his first date as a “’let’s meet for a couple of drinks’ date got turned into a $65.31 dinner.”
“She didn’t even leave the tip. News flash for you suga. You’re not 29 and hot anymore,” he added.
People responded to his post but were not impressed. One woman responded by saying, “Newsflash…..She went on a date with a lowlife, I’m just sorry it was a cheap first and last date.”
Others followed suit and asked Southers if he made it clear at the beginning the date would be split “dutch.” Many people just called him cheap.
“65 bucks? That must have been his cable bill money,” another Facebook user wrote in the comments. “If 65 burned you stop asking UNHOT OVER 29-YEAR-OLDS OUT FOR DINNER AND DRINKS. Stick with younglins and GROUPON.”
The pressure seems to have gotten to him and he decided to explain himself more. He also revealed the $61.51 receipt from a Fayetteville, North Carolina Ruby Tuesday.
“Guys, Yesterday I made a post about how a lady I met online screwed me (not literally) by hijacking a ‘let’s meet’ event to a dinner with no desert [sic],” he wrote.
“As you can see from the receipt, she ordered the highest item on the menu and STILL made a $2.49 substitution for some damn sweet potatoes fries,” he continued. “HER ACTIONS SHOW ABSOLUTELY NO CONCERN FOR MY WALLET.”
Of course, different people have different dating expectations, and while $65 might be par for the course in major cities, that might not be the case elsewhere. But the idea that paying for dinner entitles someone to sex is antiquated, as some users pointed out.
“I guess this post would have never bn made if you got some ass!! Man go sit in the dryer and I will turn it on,” user Teresa Nelson commented.
“Am I ranting again? Hell yes! Not because of the cost. But because of the low down, sneaky, sly, scheming, conniving, underhanded, unscrupulous, down right deceitful way she hijacked a $15-$25 first meet to a full dinner …. with no desert [sic],” Southers said.
Southers went on to explain he made the date for “Ruby Tuesday’s Salad bar. BUT as soon as her butt hit the chair the salad bar turned into she wanting Ribs and shrimp.”
Guys, Yesterday I made a post about how a lady I met online screwed me ( not literally ) by hijacking a "let's meet"…
Then he had some advice for women about reciprocity.
“Just like when a man offers you a ‘back message [sic]’ when he offers to take you to dinner, he’s looking for sex,” Southers explained. “He doesn’t want to give you a back massage any more than he wants to watch you eat. Either that night or in the very near future; he wants sex..”
“When he wants to hang out, he does that with male buddies,” Southers added.
His rant was greeted with tons of appalled memes and a piece of advice from a fellow group member.
“Yeah you should rethink this whole dating thing Richard,” one member wrote.
The post has been shared over a thousand times.
The Daily Dot has reached out to Southers for comment but did not receive a response by press time.
Elizabeth VanMetre is a reporter based in Wyoming. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared on ETOnline, the New York Daily News, Yahoo Travel, and more. She hosts a local morning show in Wyoming.