- YouTubers keep uploading racist meme anthem played by New Zealand shooter 2 Months Ago
- Myspace confirms that a decade-plus of user-uploaded music is gone Today 5:03 PM
- ‘Love, Death & Robots’ suffers from blatant sexism Today 4:38 PM
- Khloe Kardashian faces backlash for Instagram post saying to ‘love thy racist neighbor’ Today 4:07 PM
- This Twitter user wants to expose white YouTubers for racist, transphobic content Today 3:55 PM
- Trump retweeted a QAnon supporter during his Twitter bender Today 1:24 PM
- Katrina Pierson supports Trump tweeting more about Fox than New Zealand shooting Today 1:19 PM
- PewDiePie’s alt-right ties are impossible to ignore Today 1:05 PM
- With this blade, I protect this meme Today 12:48 PM
- Lead actress in ‘The Color Purple’ revival criticized for homophobic post Today 12:39 PM
- ‘Arrested Development’ ends the same way it did the first time—unceremoniously Today 12:10 PM
- Alleged gunman tried to rob YouTuber Adam22 during livestream Today 11:32 AM
- Turkish president used New Zealand shooting footage at campaign rallies Today 11:09 AM
- 8 adorable tea infusers that will warm you with cuteness Today 10:26 AM
- The Super Nintendo Pro is the wireless controller of your dreams Today 10:25 AM
Bumble users can now filter men by their zodiac sign
‘goodbye ARIES, hello HAPPINESS.’
I supposedly like freedom and travel, hate clingy people, and tend to be “impatient and tactless,” just like all the other Sagittarius folks out there. Thanks to a new feature by Bumble, people can now filter me out of their search for love based solely on my sign.
I’ve never put much stock in zodiac signs, horoscopes, or astrology. But astrology memes and tweets have flourished in the internet age, and with a December update, Bumble users can now filter based on zodiac signs. The change might seem strange to those of us unconcerned by the birth month of the people we date. Among users, however, support seems to be high.
was just informed that you can now filter bumble matches by their zodiac sign, goodbye ARIES hello HAPPINESS
— erin taylor (@she_expired) January 10, 2019
On Twitter, women are all about the update. User @aaliyahyah_ wrote “Apparently I can filter people out by zodiac sign (and other, less important stuff) on Bumble so On my way! to only matching w Scorpio, Taurus, Virgo, Pisces, and Capricorn men.”
She wasn’t the only one excited by the new filter. “Bumble just added this feature where you can put in zodiac signs and Im fucking hyped about it,” @amateurastrolo1 wrote. “I dont even swipe right on someone but you best believe Im looking to see if their zodiac sign matches their profile.”
Apparently I can filter people out by zodiac sign (and other, less important stuff) on Bumble so On my way! to only matching w Scorpio, Taurus, Virgo, Pisces, and Capricorn men
— Aaliyah (@aaliyahyah_) December 28, 2018
Bumble just added this feature where you can put in zodiac signs and Im fucking hyped about it. I dont even swipe right on someone but you best believe Im looking to see if their zodiac sign matches their profile.
— amateurastrology (@amateurastrolo1) October 7, 2018
The new feature that allows you to put your zodiac sign on your Bumble profile is so dangerous because I keep going ‘ooh, a Gemini? 😬’ as if it actually matters.
— Bethesda Weasley III (@bettyweasley) September 24, 2018
Despite overall enthusiasm regarding the addition, there are those who’ve expressed concern over the limitations searching by zodiac sign might put on people. As certified astrologer Annabel Gat wrote for Broadly, “everyone is different, including people with the same sun sign.” (Also, there is no science in astrology.)
Despite criticism, we can be assured that plenty of people will continue to use this filter. For those who do, more power to you.
Just remember that there is more to a person than their zodiac sign.
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.