- Brits are sharing their ‘awfully British Amazon reviews’ on Twitter 4 Weeks Ago
- How to stream Mexico vs. Panama in Concacaf Nations League play 4 Weeks Ago
- How to stream U.S. vs. Canada in the Concacaf Nations League tournament 4 Weeks Ago
- Fortnite’s black hole launches conspiracy theories and memes Today 3:19 PM
- WeWork pulls phone booths over formaldehyde concerns Today 3:06 PM
- Mark Zuckerberg is reportedly having private meetings with prominent conservatives Today 3:03 PM
- Firework is a social video app with a literal twist Today 2:46 PM
- Pro-Trump meme comedian Carpe Donktum suspended by Twitter (updated) Today 1:35 PM
- Here are all of the Disney+ titles available to stream at launch Today 12:52 PM
- Rumor: Apple to release $399 iPhone SE follow-up next year Today 12:44 PM
- Sulli, K-pop star who spoke against cyberbullying, dead at 25 Today 12:37 PM
- The latest front in Turkey’s digital war against the Kurds? Google reviews Today 12:19 PM
- Slow iPhone got you down? Here’s how to speed it back up Today 11:49 AM
- Andy Ngo smears antifa activist killed in hit-and-run Today 11:25 AM
- ‘Succession’ but with M&Ms is a pitch-perfect parody Today 11:12 AM
There’s a new Pokémon in town, and the internet is totally smitten. Meet Sirfetch’d, a suave-looking duck with a sword made from a leek.
Sirfetch’d (more like Sir Fetching) is an evolution of Farfetch’d, one of the original 151 Pokémon. The fighting type Pokémon is only available on Pokémon Sword. According to the official website, “Only Farfetch’d that have survived many battles can attain this evolution.” Some more details about Farfetch’d:
The Farfetch’d of the Galar region can evolve into Sirfetch’d after experiencing many battles. They are calm and collected, and they make a point of always battling fairly. They are so noble in battle that they are often chosen as a motif for paintings. Of particular note is a painting—famous in the Galar region—that depicts a duel between a Sirfetch’d and an Escavalier.
🚨 New Pokémon Discovered! 🚨— Ghost-type Pokémon (@Pokemon) September 18, 2019
Meet Sirfetch’d, the Wild Duck Pokémon! Farfetch’d that inhabit the Galar region can evolve into Sirfetch’d after experiencing many battles. https://t.co/TEc9aMSfvz#PokemonSwordShield pic.twitter.com/Ys17maAHQJ
Sirfetch’d comes with a fancy new signature move called “Meteor Assault” that’s exclusive to the Pokémon. Nintendo describes it as “devastatingly powerful”. In fact, the move is so powerful that Sirferch’d “will be unable to take action immediately after using this move.”
The character was teased last week on the site with glitched-out graphics showing a few details of the upcoming new Pokémon. That move led to a lot of fan anticipation and apparently the drop didn’t disappoint. People are already memeing the heck out of the new arrival, who seems to be universally beloved.
Sirfetch’d: *has a sword*— Huntgbunt (@huntgbunt) September 18, 2019
Smash Bros. fans: pic.twitter.com/qdmjhz4wTr
🚨 Galar Research Update 🚨— Matt (@mattyoukhana_) September 18, 2019
Sirfetch'd fucking stabs his Trainer pic.twitter.com/8AuDXROBzc
So far, Pokémon Sword and Shield have given us a Pokémon made of cream (that’s of course been sexualized by a horny internet), a ghost in a teapot, and bird that swallows other Pokémon, to name just a few. There are still more be revealed, but it’s doubtful any will be as fine as Sirfetch’d.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.