- ‘Watchmen’ delivers a surprisingly conventional superhero finale Sunday 10:11 PM
- Facebook ads are spreading misinformation about HIV Sunday 10:11 PM
- Military investigates students’ suspected white power hand signs at football game Sunday 9:41 PM
- North Carolina man allegedly stole $88K then posted it on Instagram Sunday 8:34 PM
- People are pissed a CGI influencer said she was sexually assaulted Sunday 4:56 PM
- BTS’ RM says he’s lost 33 AirPods Sunday 3:59 PM
- Taylor Swift’s ‘hyper-realistic’ cat cake is scaring fans Sunday 3:03 PM
- Nick Cannon is reportedly playing his Eminem diss track on repeat Sunday 1:20 PM
- College quarterback blasted by ex-girlfriend in savage AF breakup TikTok Sunday 12:27 PM
- Hallmark pulls ad featuring lesbian couple after conservative protest Sunday 11:27 AM
- Actress’ tweet calling out fellow passenger for not moving seats backfires Sunday 10:43 AM
- The 10 most influential hashtags of the decade Sunday 6:30 AM
- A lonely grandma sought family to spend Christmas with on Craigslist Saturday 5:45 PM
- Airbnb bans white supremacists tied to Iron March forum Saturday 5:07 PM
- Did a Twitter user really get tricked into naming baby ‘Jack Ingof’? Saturday 4:46 PM
There’s a new Pokémon in town, and the internet is totally smitten. Meet Sirfetch’d, a suave-looking duck with a sword made from a leek.
Sirfetch’d (more like Sir Fetching) is an evolution of Farfetch’d, one of the original 151 Pokémon. The fighting type Pokémon is only available on Pokémon Sword. According to the official website, “Only Farfetch’d that have survived many battles can attain this evolution.” Some more details about Farfetch’d:
The Farfetch’d of the Galar region can evolve into Sirfetch’d after experiencing many battles. They are calm and collected, and they make a point of always battling fairly. They are so noble in battle that they are often chosen as a motif for paintings. Of particular note is a painting—famous in the Galar region—that depicts a duel between a Sirfetch’d and an Escavalier.
🚨 New Pokémon Discovered! 🚨— Galar region Pokémon (@Pokemon) September 18, 2019
Meet Sirfetch’d, the Wild Duck Pokémon! Farfetch’d that inhabit the Galar region can evolve into Sirfetch’d after experiencing many battles. https://t.co/TEc9aMSfvz#PokemonSwordShield pic.twitter.com/Ys17maAHQJ
Sirfetch’d comes with a fancy new signature move called “Meteor Assault” that’s exclusive to the Pokémon. Nintendo describes it as “devastatingly powerful”. In fact, the move is so powerful that Sirferch’d “will be unable to take action immediately after using this move.”
The character was teased last week on the site with glitched-out graphics showing a few details of the upcoming new Pokémon. That move led to a lot of fan anticipation and apparently the drop didn’t disappoint. People are already memeing the heck out of the new arrival, who seems to be universally beloved.
Sirfetch’d: *has a sword*— Huntgbunt (@huntgbunt) September 18, 2019
Smash Bros. fans: pic.twitter.com/qdmjhz4wTr
🚨 Galar Research Update 🚨— Matt (@mattyoukhana_) September 18, 2019
Sirfetch'd fucking stabs his Trainer pic.twitter.com/8AuDXROBzc
So far, Pokémon Sword and Shield have given us a Pokémon made of cream (that’s of course been sexualized by a horny internet), a ghost in a teapot, and bird that swallows other Pokémon, to name just a few. There are still more be revealed, but it’s doubtful any will be as fine as Sirfetch’d.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.