- How to live stream the 2020 Grammy Awards Today 7:00 AM
- Technology created deepfakes—does it have a way to stop them, too? Today 6:30 AM
- SESTA-FOSTA is ‘detrimental’ to sex workers’ safety, study confirms Today 6:00 AM
- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
- This Instagram account catches influencers in the wild Saturday 5:42 PM
- The best upcoming video games to look out for in February 2020 Saturday 5:23 PM
- TikTok teens use AirPods and Google Translate to secretly talk in class Saturday 4:32 PM
- Video shows corpses of coronavirus victims lying in China hospital Saturday 3:44 PM
- Kid meets Slipknot after drumming video goes viral Saturday 2:30 PM
- Channing Tatum responds to troll who tried to compare Jenna Dewan and Jessie J’s looks Saturday 1:46 PM
- Grindr pulls an ‘I don’t know her’ after Eminem suggests he uses the app Saturday 12:48 PM
- Here are the top 10 most popular Instagram models in 2020 Saturday 12:21 PM
- ‘The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ takes its characters on a fantasy adventure to Hell in season 3 Saturday 11:37 AM
- Woman no longer in sorority, school after racist MLK post Saturday 10:45 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Miss Americana’ starts to deconstruct the myth of Taylor Swift Saturday 10:32 AM
The Peloton husband–whose real name is Sean Hunter–seems to have missed all the backlash over his recent Peloton commercial, because he got his real-life girlfriend none other than a Peloton bike for Christmas.
The actor posted a photo with his girlfriend and the bike on his Instagram account on Wednesday. Hunter, who uses the Instagram moniker @pelotonhusband, captioned it, “Here’s hoping this goes over better the second time…Merry Christmas to my actual girlfriend (pls don’t leave me).”
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Sean Hunter (@pelotonhusband) on
Hunter’s followers saw the humor in the post and the comments are full of positive responses. Peloton’s Instagram account even commented, “Looks like a successful Christmas gift to us! We hope you love it, and we’re so glad you’re a part of the Peloton family!”
Hunter appeared in a recent Peloton commercial as a husband who bought his wife a Peloton bike for Christmas. The commercial got slammed online for not only the extravagant lifestyle Peloton is known for portraying but also for the way the woman so eagerly claims exercise equipment she likely didn’t ask for changed her life. The ad went viral, and nearly everyone who saw it was quick to express how cringey it felt.
Peloton quickly defended its advertising. “We constantly hear from our members how their lives have been meaningfully and positively impacted after purchasing or being gifted a Peloton Bike or Tread, often in ways that surprise them,” a Peloton spokesperson told CNBC. Peloton also released three positive emails and a Facebook post from users to “prove” that Peloton truly does change lives.
As for the Peloton wife, whose real name is Monica Ruiz, she has since starred in a commercial for Ryan Reynolds’ gin company, Aviation Gin, and will appear in an episode of The Bold and the Beautiful, according to TMZ.
- This Peloton ad is the stuff of holiday nightmares
- Peloton Husband is worried memes will have ‘repercussions’ for his career
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad
- Peloton shows 3 positive emails and a Facebook post to prove its ad wasn’t cringe
Esther Bell is a writer for the Daily Dot. She recently graduated from Northwestern University with a degree in journalism, and her work has appeared in Bustle and Teen Vogue.