- ‘Dear White People’ season 3 reflects the exhaustion of the times—for better or for worse 6 Years Ago
- ‘Seinfeld’ and ‘Friends’ fans feud over which sitcom is better 6 Years Ago
- Anti-abortion centers are getting around Google’s misinformation policy 6 Years Ago
- Twitter, Facebook remove Chinese accounts spreading Hong Kong misinformation 6 Years Ago
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 offers no happy endings 6 Years Ago
- How to watch ‘The Righteous Gemstones’ online Today 3:03 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 brings out the memes Today 2:59 PM
- Rumor suggests the X-Men might battle the Avengers on-screen Today 2:54 PM
- The CDC is investigating cases of severe lung damage linked to vaping Today 2:08 PM
- How to stream the 49ers vs. Broncos on (preseason) Monday Night Football Today 1:24 PM
- Trump thinks Google made 16 million people vote for Clinton Today 12:54 PM
- Danny McBride’s ‘The Righteous Gemstones’ is a wicked televangelist comedy Today 12:46 PM
- Facebook-branded coffee shops are coming Today 12:36 PM
- Twitter hosts China-backed ads maligning Hong Kong protesters Today 12:27 PM
- Jason Momoa says the ‘Justice League’ Snyder cut is ‘ssssiiicccckkkkkk’ Today 12:06 PM
Paul Rudd has been Ruddrolling Conan O’Brien for a decade
Paul Rudd’s master class in trolling.
Yesterday, Reddit learned about the long con actor Paul Rudd has been pulling on Late Night With Conan O’Brien for close to a decade. Every couple years, when he goes on the show to promote a new film, and Conan sets up the we-have-a-clip segment, they show this clip instead. This is Ruddrolling.
And last year, promoting This Is 40:
And here’s his promotion of The 40-Year-Old Virgin in 2005:
Has someone made a supercut of this yet?
Screengrab via teamcoco/YouTube
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.