- Elon Musk’s Cybertruck mocked after ball busts windows during demonstration Today 12:23 AM
- Pornhub has a bundle now, Disney+ style Thursday 11:27 PM
- Jacob Wohl’s dad is selling horny calendars of himself for the soldiers Thursday 11:10 PM
- Amanda Palmer dragged for ‘demanding’ coverage of her music Thursday 8:33 PM
- How to get free TikTok followers without downloading a virus Thursday 7:57 PM
- Trump Jr.s ‘Triggered’ topped best-seller’s list with help of RNC Thursday 7:41 PM
- FBI raided millionaire YouTuber’s home, allegedly took everything Thursday 6:55 PM
- A fake Labour party website is spreading disinformation in Britain Thursday 6:16 PM
- Twitter bans cricket club for posting ISIS content in apparent hack Thursday 6:12 PM
- This dad remade his daughter’s NSFW photo—and people are loving it Thursday 5:51 PM
- Teen allegedly posted ‘slave for sale’ Craigslist ad featuring his Black classmate Thursday 5:28 PM
- People are crushed that this teen love story might be a TikTok ‘joke’ Thursday 4:50 PM
- Is Jacob Wohl evading his Twitter ban with Jack Burkman’s account? Thursday 2:06 PM
- Biden’s most perplexing debate answers, explained Thursday 2:03 PM
- How to stream Colts vs. Texans on Thursday Night Football Thursday 12:52 PM
“Marry her,” the account tweeted, along with a screenshot of a conversation between two people who it evidently thought were both cis and straight.
Marry her. pic.twitter.com/n7Bz2geKqt— Men's Humor (@MensHumor) October 16, 2019
“What u into?” the first messenger wrote.
“Mario Kart and Stuffed Crust Pizza,” the other responded.
Men’s Humor pushed the gag even a step further by tweeting, “Next question: What’s your ring size and preferred season for a wedding?”
Next question: What's your ring size and preferred season for a wedding? pic.twitter.com/fYqkw2rNZk— Men's Humor (@MensHumor) October 17, 2019
Then Grindr pointed out the screenshot is actually from its app. “Thank you for recognizing that trans women use our app,” the official Grindr Twitter account responded.
thank you for recognizing that trans women use our app 🌈💛 https://t.co/RuOS3MD1x2— Grindr (@Grindr) October 16, 2019
And while some tipped their hats to Grindr for its “wokeness,” others seized the opportunity to call it out for allowing the mistreatment of trans women to happen on its platform.
Wow...Grindr being the woke app. Well done @bluekeyblade— chunky legend ✈️ Bear Bust 10/17-21 (@josephfmartone) October 17, 2019
well done. pic.twitter.com/wiiCKHGzdo— Tré Easton (@treeaston) October 16, 2019
“Does this mean you’ll work harder to keep trans women safe on the app?” Twitter user @msevareign questioned.
Another responded by saying that Grindr likely wouldn’t.
we know they won't 😔— ♡ mia ♡ (@mimipetitexoxo) October 17, 2019
“No, thank you for allowing so much transphobia and fetishization happen on your app,” Twitter user @teaqueer wrote.
NO, THANK U FOR ALLOWING SO MUCH TRANSPHOBIA AND FETISHIZATION HAPPEN ON YOUR APP— scared stif (@teaqueer) October 17, 2019
Grindr has yet to respond to the backlash that resulted from its trolling of Men’s Humor.
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.