- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Real Valladolid Friday 10:44 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Arsenal Friday 10:28 PM
- How to stream Manchester United vs. Crystal Palace Friday 10:05 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Norwich City Friday 8:55 PM
- How to stream the 2019-20 Serie A season Friday 8:05 PM
- Tom Brady keeps supplying us with new meme material Friday 5:55 PM
- Emails reveal Facebook’s knowledge of Cambridge Analytica Friday 3:43 PM
- ‘Fast and Furious’ + ‘American Ninja Warrior’ = Netflix’s ‘Hyperdrive’ Friday 3:15 PM
- Trump jokes drop in Dow is because Seth Moulton dropped out of 2020 race Friday 3:13 PM
- What we learned when we visited Mr. B, America’s chonkiest cat Friday 1:46 PM
- Trump’s new plan to fight opioid overdose? This tweet Friday 1:06 PM
- Fitness influencer shamed for ‘sharing numbers’ in weight loss posts Friday 1:04 PM
- The VSCO Girl has always been here Friday 1:01 PM
- Tomi Lahren’s new ‘Freedom’ clothing line is made for meme mockery Friday 12:21 PM
- Taylor Swift’s ‘London Boy’ is a bop, but Brits don’t think her lyrics are accurate Friday 12:02 PM
The loss of Grumpy Cat has left the world feeling a little darker and a lot grumpier today, but one good thing may have come from it.
Pet owners are taking to social media to share photos of their own pets looking grumpy. It’s a bittersweet attempt to spread some of the viral joy the world has lost now that Grumpy Cat herself is no longer with us.
The hashtag #TweetAGrumpyFaceForGrumpy has been flooded with photos —not just of cats, but of dogs, too.
“Rest in peace Grumpy Cat,” one user tweeted. “I [hope you are] having a grand old time over the rainbow.”
And it’s not just cat owners that are sharing their photos in memory of Grumpy Cat.
Even celebrities are jumping in with their own photo tributes to the late cat.
“My heart is broken,” wrote Aubrey Plaza, who starred in a Lifetime Christmas film with Grumpy.
Grumpy Cat died from a urinary tract infection on Tuesday morning, and the news was shared by her family on Friday.
“Besides being our baby and a cherished member of the family, Grumpy Cat has helped millions of people smile all around the world — even when times were tough,” they wrote. “Her spirit will continue to live on through her fans everywhere.”
Today has certainly proven that to be true.
Some days are grumpier than others... pic.twitter.com/ws209VWl97— Grumpy Cat (@RealGrumpyCat) May 17, 2019
Rachel Kiley is a writer who sometimes writes things and sometimes is based in L.A., but is definitely always on Twitter @rachelkiley.