- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Friday 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Friday 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Friday 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Friday 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Friday 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Friday 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Friday 11:49 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s denial of fixing bread prices becomes its own meme Friday 11:10 AM
- Houston Astros get torched with buzzer memes after new revelation Friday 10:41 AM
- Teens are eating cereal out of each other’s mouths for clout Friday 10:34 AM
The loss of Grumpy Cat has left the world feeling a little darker and a lot grumpier today, but one good thing may have come from it.
Pet owners are taking to social media to share photos of their own pets looking grumpy. It’s a bittersweet attempt to spread some of the viral joy the world has lost now that Grumpy Cat herself is no longer with us.
The hashtag #TweetAGrumpyFaceForGrumpy has been flooded with photos —not just of cats, but of dogs, too.
“Rest in peace Grumpy Cat,” one user tweeted. “I [hope you are] having a grand old time over the rainbow.”
And it’s not just cat owners that are sharing their photos in memory of Grumpy Cat.
Even celebrities are jumping in with their own photo tributes to the late cat.
“My heart is broken,” wrote Aubrey Plaza, who starred in a Lifetime Christmas film with Grumpy.
Grumpy Cat died from a urinary tract infection on Tuesday morning, and the news was shared by her family on Friday.
“Besides being our baby and a cherished member of the family, Grumpy Cat has helped millions of people smile all around the world — even when times were tough,” they wrote. “Her spirit will continue to live on through her fans everywhere.”
Today has certainly proven that to be true.
Some days are grumpier than others... pic.twitter.com/ws209VWl97— Grumpy Cat (@RealGrumpyCat) May 17, 2019
Rachel Kiley is a writer who sometimes writes things and sometimes is based in L.A., but is definitely always on Twitter @rachelkiley.