- How to watch the U.S. vs. Chile at the World Cup for free 4 Weeks Ago
- 15 teen movies on Netflix that will make you laugh, cry, and cringe 4 Weeks Ago
- How to watch Estrella TV online for free Today 5:00 AM
- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Saturday 1:20 PM
- Prominent phone-hacking firm says it can unlock any iPhone for law enforcement Saturday 12:39 PM
- Hundreds of police officers belong to extremist Facebook groups, investigation finds Saturday 9:31 AM
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz online Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Late Night’ is a disappointing, tepid comedy Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Love It or List It’ for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup online for free Saturday 6:55 AM
- Borderlands 3 preview suggests the aging series can still hang with the cool kids Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream the 2019 College World Series for free Saturday 6:00 AM
RIP to a meme legend.
Grumpy Cat, who became a viral meme for her sulky facial expression, died this week at the age of 7. Her family announced the news early Friday morning.
“Despite care from top professionals, as well as from her very loving family, Grumpy, encountered complications from a recent urinary tract infection,” the family said in a statement shared on the cat’s social channels. “She passed away peacefully on the morning of Tuesday, May 14, at home in the arms of her mommy, Tabatha [Bundesen].”
Some days are grumpier than others… pic.twitter.com/ws209VWl97
— Grumpy Cat (@RealGrumpyCat) May 17, 2019
Grumpy Cat, whose original name was Tardar Sauce, became the subject of memes after her photo was shared on Reddit in 2012. Grumpy Cat’s expression was the result of an underbite and dwarfism. It made her (and her owner) famous: Grumpy Cat made appearances at SXSW in Austin, Texas, starred in a Lifetime movie, and was even recreated in a wax statue.
Grumpy Cat was one of the most well-known internet cats and, despite her pissed-off expression, she made a lot of people laugh. RIP, Grumpy Cat. You were good to us.
— Allan A. Mandanas (@allanmandy) May 17, 2019
goodbye grumpy cat pic.twitter.com/2LmoYXM1Rr
— shitty watercolour (@SWatercolour) May 17, 2019
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.