- How to stream Packers vs. Lions on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:15 PM
- College students burned author’s books after she spoke about white privilege Sunday 6:28 PM
- Texas police officer fatally shoots Black woman in her own home Sunday 3:44 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos’ website dangerous.com was sold Sunday 1:42 PM
- Girl says she was fired over exposing how Panera makes its mac and cheese on TikTok Sunday 11:34 AM
- David Harbour teased fans about Hopper’s ‘Stranger Things’ fate on ‘SNL’ Sunday 10:24 AM
- Kacey Musgraves accused of cultural appropriation–and botching it Sunday 9:19 AM
- Rihanna defends Vogue writer who received backlash for ‘winging’ interview Sunday 8:36 AM
- Here are the best PC games to add to your list Sunday 8:20 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 8 Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chargers on Sunday Night Football Saturday 7:20 PM
- Popular TikTok teens accused of pretending to be gay for clout Saturday 6:38 PM
- Scott Walker’s ‘$26 haircut’ dig at Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez backfires Saturday 4:46 PM
- Halle synagogue shooter allegedly posted manifesto on anime message board Saturday 4:06 PM
If you’re looking to have a fun night with your friends but don’t feel up to leaving the house, it’s time to fire up the ol’ group chat and gather ’round your smart phone for the “emoji challenge”. Much like the ancient Chinese game “Go,” the concept is simple, but mastering it takes skill and patience.
If you want to play, all you need to do is pick an emoji and send it to your friends along with your homemade version. From there, things will naturally start to escalate.
People have probably been playing this game for a while, but the trend really took off when a Twitter user named Jeydah Weydah posted a video of her group chat with her friends.
With a challenge this good, everyone wants to get in on it. A quick search for “emoji challenge” on Twitter turns up a seemingly endless stream of videos where people are acting out emojis.
Enjoy the emoji challenge pic.twitter.com/wo56xV1CQc— Tay (@allen_taylor14) March 28, 2019
i asked dani if she wanted to do the emoji challenge pic.twitter.com/BHPTvn6FrI— s*b**r (@sxbxxr) March 28, 2019
So our group chat did the emoji challenge LMAOOOOO pic.twitter.com/6NubCk4LCk— Ayy Lmao (@noturavrgealien) March 28, 2019
my thotianas and I did the emoji challenge pic.twitter.com/RsUQaGyQWW— moolan (@moolannn) March 28, 2019
The emoji challenge is still pretty new, so there’s plenty of time to get in on it. All you have to do is choose your team and start picking emojis. The more challenging the emoji, the more fun this game will be. Just stay away from the eggplant.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.