- Don Cheadle made important fashion choices on ‘SNL’ Today 9:47 AM
- Why the Twitter left loves to dunk on Max Boot Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch ‘Last Week Tonight with John Oliver’ online for free Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Francis Ngannou vs. Cain Velasquez for free Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream the 2019 Daytona 500 for free Today 5:50 AM
- 7-year-old YouTuber to get his own show on Nickelodeon Saturday 5:30 PM
- ‘Hipster’ jobs are trending, and Indeed says the market is booming Saturday 3:33 PM
- Trump meme removed after copyright complaint Saturday 2:15 PM
- Facebook pushes back against moderators complaining about ‘Big Brother’ environment Saturday 12:46 PM
- Twitter hid post from an account linked to Iran’s Supreme Leader Saturday 10:17 AM
- How to stream Leo Santa Cruz vs. Rafael Rivera for free Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Larry Charles’ Dangerous World of Comedy’ finds the balance between tragedy and comedy Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to stream Michael ‘Venom’ Page vs. Paul Daley for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the NBA Dunk Contest 2019 online for free Saturday 6:50 AM
- The best new TV shows to stream this weekend Saturday 6:00 AM
We’re sure this won’t get anyone worked up.
While political lightning rod Donald Trump has no doubt inspired a fair number of “mysterious disappearance” fantasies in his pursuit of the presidency, it appears that someone would prefer to skip that step and simply bury him.
Yes, a tombstone for the Republican frontrunner bearing the imperative “Make America Hate Again” appeared in New York’s Central Park this weekend. It was swiftly removed in accordance with the park’s strict no-littering policy.
A photo posted by Beth (@againwithbeth) on
Was it a not-so-subtle threat or just viral marketing for a tombstone business? As of Monday morning, nobody is saying; the Central Park Conservancy hasn’t commented on the incident. But we got at least one confusing meme out of it, so enjoy.
A tombstone 💀with #DonaldTrump’s name has mysteriously appeared in Central Park, New York. The inscription reads, #MadeAmericaHateAgain. – It’s too bad we can’t all time travel like the rich and famous LOLs.😡🇺🇸 – #newyorkcity #centralpark #tombstone #timetravel #zombies #orange #grave – #donaldtrump2016 #donaldjtrump #donaldtrump #trump #republicans #democrats #libertarians #USpolitics #murica #tedcruz2016 #hillaryclinton2016 #hillaryclinton #berniesanders2016 #newsmedia #dumptrump #fucktrump #donaldjktrump #hillaryclinton #hillno #pololitics
A photo posted by POLOLITICS (@pololitics) on
If Trump has plans to take his final repose in central Manhattan, that would be news to us: We hear he actually wants to be buried on his favorite golf course in New Jersey, the Trump National Golf Bedminster, where he can presumably bedevil linksmen for decades to come with a giant penis-shaped obelisk blocking the ninth green. Now that’s a legacy.
Miles Klee is a novelist and web culture reporter. The former editor of the Daily Dot’s Unclick section, Klee’s essays, satire, and fiction have appeared in Lapham’s Quarterly, Vanity Fair, 3:AM, Salon, the Awl, the New York Observer, the Millions, and the Village Voice. He's the author of two odd books of fiction, 'Ivyland' and 'True False.'