- The giant battle episode of ‘Game of Thrones’ is nearly here Sunday 10:12 PM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ finally revealed the Night King’s endgame Sunday 9:53 PM
- Sri Lankan government shuts down social media in wake of deadly blasts Sunday 7:56 PM
- Amazon Flex drivers now must use selfies to verify identity Sunday 6:34 PM
- #GentrifyingGeorge thinks 152-year-old HBCU should ‘just move’ Sunday 5:27 PM
- Watch out! Tonight’s episode of ‘Game of Thrones’ leaked online (updated) Sunday 3:32 PM
- Videos of people working may be the best thing on TikTok right now Sunday 1:46 PM
- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 2 for free Sunday 7:00 AM
- Gendry is making a new weapon for Arya Stark—but what is it? Sunday 6:30 AM
- The live-action Halo series could be Showtime’s most ambitious project yet Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Turner Classic Movies for free Sunday 5:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Athletic Bilbao online for free Sunday 5:00 AM
- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
We’re sure this won’t get anyone worked up.
While political lightning rod Donald Trump has no doubt inspired a fair number of “mysterious disappearance” fantasies in his pursuit of the presidency, it appears that someone would prefer to skip that step and simply bury him.
Yes, a tombstone for the Republican frontrunner bearing the imperative “Make America Hate Again” appeared in New York’s Central Park this weekend. It was swiftly removed in accordance with the park’s strict no-littering policy.
A photo posted by Beth (@againwithbeth) on
Was it a not-so-subtle threat or just viral marketing for a tombstone business? As of Monday morning, nobody is saying; the Central Park Conservancy hasn’t commented on the incident. But we got at least one confusing meme out of it, so enjoy.
A tombstone 💀with #DonaldTrump’s name has mysteriously appeared in Central Park, New York. The inscription reads, #MadeAmericaHateAgain. – It’s too bad we can’t all time travel like the rich and famous LOLs.😡🇺🇸 – #newyorkcity #centralpark #tombstone #timetravel #zombies #orange #grave – #donaldtrump2016 #donaldjtrump #donaldtrump #trump #republicans #democrats #libertarians #USpolitics #murica #tedcruz2016 #hillaryclinton2016 #hillaryclinton #berniesanders2016 #newsmedia #dumptrump #fucktrump #donaldjktrump #hillaryclinton #hillno #pololitics
A photo posted by POLOLITICS (@pololitics) on
If Trump has plans to take his final repose in central Manhattan, that would be news to us: We hear he actually wants to be buried on his favorite golf course in New Jersey, the Trump National Golf Bedminster, where he can presumably bedevil linksmen for decades to come with a giant penis-shaped obelisk blocking the ninth green. Now that’s a legacy.
Miles Klee is a novelist and web culture reporter. The former editor of the Daily Dot’s Unclick section, Klee’s essays, satire, and fiction have appeared in Lapham’s Quarterly, Vanity Fair, 3:AM, Salon, the Awl, the New York Observer, the Millions, and the Village Voice. He's the author of two odd books of fiction, 'Ivyland' and 'True False.'