- People are demanding the man who filmed the killing of Eric Garner be freed with #FreeRamsey Monday 7:36 PM
- Billie Eilish’s ‘Bad Guy’ unseats ‘Old Town Road’ from the No. 1 spot Monday 6:11 PM
- People think Ghislaine Maxwell was Photoshopped in those In-N-Out photos Monday 5:41 PM
- People are transfixed by a TikTok cat dancing along to ‘Mr. Sandman’ Monday 4:52 PM
- Nazi troll pretending to be antifa in Portland gets outed by internet Monday 4:15 PM
- ‘Dear White People’ season 3 reflects the exhaustion of the times—for better or for worse Monday 3:59 PM
- ‘Seinfeld’ and ‘Friends’ fans feud over which sitcom is better Monday 3:57 PM
- Anti-abortion centers are getting around Google’s misinformation policy Monday 3:45 PM
- Twitter, Facebook remove Chinese accounts spreading Hong Kong misinformation Monday 3:41 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 offers no happy endings Monday 3:19 PM
- How to watch ‘The Righteous Gemstones’ online Monday 3:03 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 brings out the memes Monday 2:59 PM
- Rumor suggests the X-Men might battle the Avengers on-screen Monday 2:54 PM
- The CDC is investigating cases of severe lung damage linked to vaping Monday 2:08 PM
- How to stream the 49ers vs. Broncos on (preseason) Monday Night Football Monday 1:24 PM
Donald Trump’s tombstone mysteriously appears in Central Park
We’re sure this won’t get anyone worked up.
While political lightning rod Donald Trump has no doubt inspired a fair number of “mysterious disappearance” fantasies in his pursuit of the presidency, it appears that someone would prefer to skip that step and simply bury him.
Yes, a tombstone for the Republican frontrunner bearing the imperative “Make America Hate Again” appeared in New York’s Central Park this weekend. It was swiftly removed in accordance with the park’s strict no-littering policy.
A photo posted by Beth (@againwithbeth) on
Was it a not-so-subtle threat or just viral marketing for a tombstone business? As of Monday morning, nobody is saying; the Central Park Conservancy hasn’t commented on the incident. But we got at least one confusing meme out of it, so enjoy.
A tombstone 💀with #DonaldTrump’s name has mysteriously appeared in Central Park, New York. The inscription reads, #MadeAmericaHateAgain. – It’s too bad we can’t all time travel like the rich and famous LOLs.😡🇺🇸 – #newyorkcity #centralpark #tombstone #timetravel #zombies #orange #grave – #donaldtrump2016 #donaldjtrump #donaldtrump #trump #republicans #democrats #libertarians #USpolitics #murica #tedcruz2016 #hillaryclinton2016 #hillaryclinton #berniesanders2016 #newsmedia #dumptrump #fucktrump #donaldjktrump #hillaryclinton #hillno #pololitics
A photo posted by POLOLITICS (@pololitics) on
If Trump has plans to take his final repose in central Manhattan, that would be news to us: We hear he actually wants to be buried on his favorite golf course in New Jersey, the Trump National Golf Bedminster, where he can presumably bedevil linksmen for decades to come with a giant penis-shaped obelisk blocking the ninth green. Now that’s a legacy.
Miles Klee is a novelist and web culture reporter. The former editor of the Daily Dot’s Unclick section, Klee’s essays, satire, and fiction have appeared in Lapham’s Quarterly, Vanity Fair, 3:AM, Salon, the Awl, the New York Observer, the Millions, and the Village Voice. He's the author of two odd books of fiction, 'Ivyland' and 'True False.'