- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Today 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Today 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:30 AM
- Chuck E. Cheese recycles pizza is the conspiracy theory that won’t die Saturday 6:30 AM
An audience is in absolute awe of this dad’s saxophone skills. An audience of cows, that is.
Erin Herrmann posted a two-part video of some pure dad content on Wednesday.
“My parents are such goofs they drove out to the backroads so my dad could play the cows the songs he’s been learning on the saxophone,” Erin wrote on Twitter.
my parents are such goofs they drove out to the backroads so my dad could play the cows the songs he’s been learning on the saxophone pt.1 pic.twitter.com/IHzgxtvo0N— Erin Herrmann (@erinmherrmann) June 26, 2019
Erin told the Daily Dot that her dad, Rick Herrmann, has been learning to play the saxophone–with help from the internet–for seven months now. The Herrmann family lives by a cow field and always makes sure to stop and say hi to Rick’s favorite animals.
“When he practices saxophone my dog hates it so much, she even chewed up his reeds,” Erin said. “My dad thought that maybe the cows would appreciate his music even if our dog doesn’t.”
The video has amassed over 200,000 retweets, ascending Rick to viral dad status. Erin said her dad finds his new-found fame “crazy.”
“This was never his goal, it was my mom’s idea to film it,” Erin said.
Erin said her mom, Kym Herrmann, was the one who encouraged Rick to play for the cows.
“He’s thrilled at how many people he is making happy and just wants people to remember to look for the little moments of joy in life. You’re never too old,” Erin said.
People are definitely impressed with Rick’s ability to captivate such an unlikely audience.
Them cows were feeling it pic.twitter.com/cYrOtrAZdm— NB🤾🏽♂️ (@N1NOBROWN) June 27, 2019
Even the person next door got in on the action by shouting, “Tequila” in the background to make the tune complete.
Even though Rick is famous now, he will never forget his roots.
“He might play for them again in the future,” Erin said of her dad.
- What in the wizarding world is going on with that Dobby video circulating on Twitter?
- Think you have what it takes to be Beyoncé’s assistant for the day?
- The internet cannot believe how this zoo conducts its ‘escaped lion drill’
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Eilish O'Sullivan is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot studying journalism and government at the University of Texas at Austin. Her work has appeared in the Austin Chronicle and the Daily Texan.