- How to stream Real Madrid vs. RCD Mallorca 4 Months Ago
- Trump accused of ‘using the language of ethnic cleansing’ regarding Kurds 4 Months Ago
- Hillary Clinton also thinks Tulsi Gabbard is a Russian bot Today 1:13 PM
- TikTok girls dancing to voicemails from sh*tty exes is a vibe Today 12:34 PM
- Netflix reports strong growth—but it faces 3 major hurdles in Q4 Today 12:33 PM
- Telegram is hosting videos of extrajudicial killings in Syria Today 12:32 PM
- ‘El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie’ tops 8 million viewers in first week Today 11:31 AM
- ‘Uncut Gems’ brings a high-stakes gambling risk to life Today 11:29 AM
- Mark Zuckerberg gives a revisionist history about why he started Facebook in big speech Today 10:52 AM
- Would Hitler be allowed to tweet? Today 10:21 AM
- Twitch star Amouranth caught driving while streaming Today 9:26 AM
- John Mulaney rails on e-scooters after ‘baby boomer’ nearly hits his dog Today 9:07 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Newcastle Today 9:00 AM
- How to stream Atletico Madrid vs. Valencia Today 9:00 AM
- ‘Bully. Coward. Victim.’ dives deep into the life of an ‘evil’ man Today 8:42 AM
An audience is in absolute awe of this dad’s saxophone skills. An audience of cows, that is.
Erin Herrmann posted a two-part video of some pure dad content on Wednesday.
“My parents are such goofs they drove out to the backroads so my dad could play the cows the songs he’s been learning on the saxophone,” Erin wrote on Twitter.
my parents are such goofs they drove out to the backroads so my dad could play the cows the songs he’s been learning on the saxophone pt.1 pic.twitter.com/IHzgxtvo0N— Erin Herrmann (@erinmherrmann) June 26, 2019
Erin told the Daily Dot that her dad, Rick Herrmann, has been learning to play the saxophone–with help from the internet–for seven months now. The Herrmann family lives by a cow field and always makes sure to stop and say hi to Rick’s favorite animals.
“When he practices saxophone my dog hates it so much, she even chewed up his reeds,” Erin said. “My dad thought that maybe the cows would appreciate his music even if our dog doesn’t.”
The video has amassed over 200,000 retweets, ascending Rick to viral dad status. Erin said her dad finds his new-found fame “crazy.”
“This was never his goal, it was my mom’s idea to film it,” Erin said.
Erin said her mom, Kym Herrmann, was the one who encouraged Rick to play for the cows.
“He’s thrilled at how many people he is making happy and just wants people to remember to look for the little moments of joy in life. You’re never too old,” Erin said.
People are definitely impressed with Rick’s ability to captivate such an unlikely audience.
Them cows were feeling it pic.twitter.com/cYrOtrAZdm— NB🇬🇭 (@N1NOBROWN) June 27, 2019
Even the person next door got in on the action by shouting, “Tequila” in the background to make the tune complete.
Even though Rick is famous now, he will never forget his roots.
“He might play for them again in the future,” Erin said of her dad.
- What in the wizarding world is going on with that Dobby video circulating on Twitter?
- Think you have what it takes to be Beyoncé’s assistant for the day?
- The internet cannot believe how this zoo conducts its ‘escaped lion drill’
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Eilish O'Sullivan is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot studying journalism and government at the University of Texas at Austin. Her work has appeared in the Austin Chronicle and the Daily Texan.