- The 10 most influential hashtags of the decade Today 6:30 AM
- A lonely grandma sought family to spend Christmas with on Craigslist Saturday 5:45 PM
- Airbnb bans white supremacists tied to Iron March forum Saturday 5:07 PM
- Did a Twitter user really get tricked into naming baby ‘Jack Ingof’? Saturday 4:46 PM
- State of emergency declared in New Orleans following ‘cyberattack’ Saturday 4:12 PM
- Video shows boy getting beat up–mom says it’s because he wore MAGA hat Saturday 3:54 PM
- Billboard changing albums chart to count YouTube streams Saturday 2:43 PM
- TikTok’s 20 most popular songs of 2019 Saturday 2:14 PM
- Greek gods memes are flooding Reddit thanks to TV reboot rumors Saturday 1:47 PM
- Anti-impeachment protesters aimlessly fumble through halls of Congress Saturday 12:54 PM
- Everything we know so far about the Xbox Series X Saturday 12:17 PM
- ASMR YouTuber Life with MaK says she was branded a ‘Nazi’ by online smear campaign Saturday 10:46 AM
- Voters duped by fake ex-Bloomberg intern’s tweet about being fired Saturday 9:47 AM
- HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ and the fantasy of competence Saturday 8:00 AM
- Cómo ver Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington en el UFC 245 Saturday 7:00 AM
An audience is in absolute awe of this dad’s saxophone skills. An audience of cows, that is.
Erin Herrmann posted a two-part video of some pure dad content on Wednesday.
“My parents are such goofs they drove out to the backroads so my dad could play the cows the songs he’s been learning on the saxophone,” Erin wrote on Twitter.
my parents are such goofs they drove out to the backroads so my dad could play the cows the songs he’s been learning on the saxophone pt.1 pic.twitter.com/IHzgxtvo0N— Erin Herrmann (@erinmherrmann) June 26, 2019
Erin told the Daily Dot that her dad, Rick Herrmann, has been learning to play the saxophone–with help from the internet–for seven months now. The Herrmann family lives by a cow field and always makes sure to stop and say hi to Rick’s favorite animals.
“When he practices saxophone my dog hates it so much, she even chewed up his reeds,” Erin said. “My dad thought that maybe the cows would appreciate his music even if our dog doesn’t.”
The video has amassed over 200,000 retweets, ascending Rick to viral dad status. Erin said her dad finds his new-found fame “crazy.”
“This was never his goal, it was my mom’s idea to film it,” Erin said.
Erin said her mom, Kym Herrmann, was the one who encouraged Rick to play for the cows.
“He’s thrilled at how many people he is making happy and just wants people to remember to look for the little moments of joy in life. You’re never too old,” Erin said.
People are definitely impressed with Rick’s ability to captivate such an unlikely audience.
Them cows were feeling it pic.twitter.com/cYrOtrAZdm— NB🇬🇭 (@N1NOBROWN) June 27, 2019
Even the person next door got in on the action by shouting, “Tequila” in the background to make the tune complete.
Even though Rick is famous now, he will never forget his roots.
“He might play for them again in the future,” Erin said of her dad.
- What in the wizarding world is going on with that Dobby video circulating on Twitter?
- Think you have what it takes to be Beyoncé’s assistant for the day?
- The internet cannot believe how this zoo conducts its ‘escaped lion drill’
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Eilish O'Sullivan is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot studying journalism and government at the University of Texas at Austin. Her work has appeared in the Austin Chronicle and the Daily Texan.