- ‘The Matrix 4’ is happening with Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss 3 Months Ago
- Fantasy football 2019: Your team-by-team NFC preview 3 Months Ago
- The 10 best science podcasts to teach you about our world Today 6:00 AM
- How to make sure you have access to every Instagram filter Today 6:00 AM
- Trump accuses Jewish Democrats of having ‘great disloyalty’ or a ‘lack of knowledge’ Tuesday 8:02 PM
- 1 million ‘anonymous’ users of popular porn site exposed in breach Tuesday 6:56 PM
- Khloé Kardashian angers followers with a calorie-counting joke about True Tuesday 6:14 PM
- Spider-Man may no longer be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe Tuesday 5:28 PM
- Robert De Niro’s company is suing ex-employee for binge-watching Netflix at work Tuesday 4:41 PM
- Intentionally misgendering a character could get you banned from Borderlands 3 Tuesday 4:06 PM
- Facebook pulls Trump re-election ad for targeting ‘strong women’ Tuesday 4:03 PM
- Kamala Harris says she will restore net neutrality if elected Tuesday 3:16 PM
- All 8 of the ‘Rocky’ movies, ranked Tuesday 2:50 PM
- Everything you need to know about the Facebook conservative bias report Tuesday 2:35 PM
- Study links emoji use to more sex Tuesday 2:10 PM
Today is another Wife Day on Twitter. In this case it's the classic "Cliff Wife."— 17 follower guy whose pinned tweet is a reply (@boring_as_heck) May 25, 2019
Shaun McBride, who goes by Shonduras on YouTube, filmed the moment his wife Jenny McBride fell down a cliff.
Shaun later uploaded a video of Jenny recounting the moment she fell.
“I remember turning and trying to grab … grab anything because I literally thought I was gonna die,” an emotional Jenny says. “It just changes your perspective, like even the littlest things shouldn’t bother you cause you never know. Life could change in a split second.
The video includes a disclaimer about material that may “not be suitable for some audiences.”
wife fall cliff pic.twitter.com/B3ea0sLFhU— frank (@fttxc18) May 25, 2019
Of course, the size of the cliff Jenny fell down was brought into question–with some wondering if it even constitutes as a cliff.
People were also caught up on the fact that Shaun was just there, filming the whole thing, while his wife was tumbling down the cliff.
Because when my wife falls off a cliff, the first thing that I should do is get out my iPhone camera.— Ethan S. T. (@Ethan_S_T) May 24, 2019
Others decided to meme Shaun’s now-deleted Twitter post about the incident.
i watched my wife fall off a cliff...— Snolly (@snollygoster123) May 25, 2019
you’re whole world can change in a matter of seconds. mine almost did. a good reminder to be grateful for every moment of it. the good and the bad. the happy and the sad. because you’re here. pic.twitter.com/BEO8OhXZAx
i watched my wife fall off a cliff...— Official Enya VEVO (@nachdermas) May 25, 2019
you’re whole world can change in a matter of seconds. mine almost did. a good reminder to be grateful for every moment of it. the good and the bad. the happy and the sad. because you’re here. pic.twitter.com/IRkr6P9ZKf
I love my curvy wife who was pushed off a cliff by MS-13. Please gofundme me $50,000.— sreekar (@sreekyshooter) May 25, 2019
please. my wife. she fell off a cliff. pic.twitter.com/bAhfIG7q1d— jonny sun (@jonnysun) May 26, 2019
please be with me and my family during this trying time. My wife fell off a cliff and then exploded— davos sealauf (@tweetlauf) May 25, 2019
Tale as old as time— Mmm? (@Merman_Melville) May 25, 2019
Song as old as rhyme
Wife fell off a cliff
shout out to the og cliff wife, pic.twitter.com/N47O77LEfY— edit (@multiplebears) May 25, 2019
I love my Wife. I hate it when she falls off a Cliff. I love when our video about it Goes Viral, though I hate to think of what could’ve happened in a Matter of Seconds.— Alex Press (@alexnpress) May 25, 2019
I am my own curvy wife and I’m falling off a cliff— Brendan O'Connor (@_grendan) May 25, 2019
the only cliff wife i care about pic.twitter.com/aRY5VB5P4A— chris moltisanti wearing a neck brace (@itwasthreezero) May 25, 2019
Welcome to the club of that good wife-based online content, cliff wife.
crying laughing alone in the car at all the different wives of online. just ruining my makeup. curvy wife, elf wife, the wife who was emailed, the wife who fell off a cliff. every day a new wife for us to guffaw about. an endless parade of wives.— dont't put me on buzzfeed (@spindlypete) May 25, 2019
Welcome to WIFE QUEST— Ginger (@gingerBFG) May 26, 2019
Choose your class:
BORAT VOICE MY
Eilish O'Sullivan is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot studying journalism and government at the University of Texas at Austin. Her work has appeared in the Austin Chronicle and the Daily Texan.