On social news site Reddit, there’s a particular strain of Christan memes that are becoming increasingly popular—and they’re not the type of posts that your grandparents or pastor might share on Facebook.
They’re dank memes—they just happen to revolve around the body of Christ.
What makes a meme dank? It’s hard to define, but the term is generally reserved for especially potent memes, those whose entertainment potential hasn’t been exhausted. There’s an implicit freshness to them.
That’s especially important to Reddit’s Dank Christian Memes. The community has its own commandments:
1) Dank memes only
2) NO SATAN ADMIRATION
3) Thy postings shall be about god or made by christians or something
4) Thou shalt post whatever as long as its relevant
5) Honor thy father and mother
6) Thou shalt link directly to the meme, not to twitter or a blog.
The best Christian memes for Jesus
Some memes humanize Christ:
This one might take a minute to sink in.
The only thing worse than a pastor’s jokes is Rick Grimes’ jokes.
Passive aggressive Jesus:
Eternal damnation without memes:
- These Sean Spicer memes are better than ‘SNL’
- 85 impossible ‘Would You Rather’ questions
- 34 surprising exceptions to Rule 34
A careful meme examination of a historical painting:
In an egg shells C deo:
Keep your business between you and the lord:
When your aunt won’t stop posting on your Facebook:
Sometimes the best riffs are on classic sinful memes:
Reimagining a classic Bible story:
Keeping you accountable:
Thanks be to God for these dank memes.