- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Saturday 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Saturday 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Saturday 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Saturday 10:22 AM
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Saturday 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Saturday 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
With the east coast currently under the suffocating vice grip of a late summer heatwave, many folks are understandably looking forward to the chillier coming months of comfy hoodies, parkas, and layers upon layers. So much so that a meme even started this week in which dudes fantasized about all the oversized clothing they’ll be wearing once it gets cold enough to do so.
Well fear not, chilly climate loving dawgs. Balenciaga heard you liked oversized coats so they put a coat in your coat so you can coat while you coat.
Yes, for their 2018 fall/winter line, the luxury fashion house is coming out with the no-frills named “Oversized Layered Parka Coat,” which is comprised of seven layers of plaid shirts, jersey hoodies, technical fleeces, and so on, and comes with an extremely-frills price tag of $9,000.
As we’ve been reminded time and time again, fashion is profoundly subjective. Having said that, it seems just a bit silly to pay a small fortune for a lewk—as one person put it—that you can create for under $100 at your local neighborhood thrift shop.
Having said that, more than a few people took one look at the garment and made a not super unreasonable comparison to someone else who was misunderstood for his fashion sense.
Balenciaga’s inspiration for their new $8000 coat... pic.twitter.com/hVLa3hBYjP— Charlotte Illidge (@c_illidge) August 29, 2018
“Here it is buddy boy, you hid my clothes, im wearing everything you own! Look at me, im chandler, could i BE wearing anymore clothes?”— Man With The Voice (@NOELonPC) August 29, 2018
-Joey Tribbiani https://t.co/zMvHqEawXO
This meme actually came from the season three, episode two of Friends called “The One Where No One’s Ready,”in which Joey puts on all of Chandler’s clothes to get back at him for hiding his underwear.
But between Joey Tribbiani inadvertently designing high fashion from the year 1996 and Ross somehow coming up with the plot of the Black Mirror episode “San Junipero,” maybe the gang’s soothsaying skills don’t get nearly enough recognition.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.