- ‘Battlestar Galactica’ is getting a reboot from the creator of ‘Mr. Robot’ 1 Year Ago
- Sean Spicer is already alleging the judges are out to get him on DWTS Today 8:52 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Jupiter’s Legacy’ loses showrunner halfway through filming Today 7:36 AM
- ‘Disenchantment’ season 2 starts strong but falls into familiar trappings Today 7:00 AM
- Are Ben Shapiro fans organizing against his opponents on Twitter? Today 6:30 AM
- iPhone overloaded? Here’s how to cancel app subscriptions Monday 11:02 PM
- Fan-created ‘app’ lets users experience the final moments of the ill-fated Jeremy Renner app Monday 10:00 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos receives lifetime ban from furry convention Monday 7:49 PM
- Snapchat just made all political ads purchased publicly available Monday 6:12 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Borussia Dortmund in Champions League action Monday 5:39 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Napoli in Champions League action Monday 5:19 PM
- How to make real money with Amazon’s Mechanical Turk Monday 5:03 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Valencia in the Champions League Monday 4:47 PM
- ‘SNL’ fires Shane Gillis for racist, homophobic comments Monday 4:41 PM
- Ben Shapiro wants accusers to describe Brett Kavanaugh’s penis Monday 4:30 PM
With the east coast currently under the suffocating vice grip of a late summer heatwave, many folks are understandably looking forward to the chillier coming months of comfy hoodies, parkas, and layers upon layers. So much so that a meme even started this week in which dudes fantasized about all the oversized clothing they’ll be wearing once it gets cold enough to do so.
Well fear not, chilly climate loving dawgs. Balenciaga heard you liked oversized coats so they put a coat in your coat so you can coat while you coat.
Yes, for their 2018 fall/winter line, the luxury fashion house is coming out with the no-frills named “Oversized Layered Parka Coat,” which is comprised of seven layers of plaid shirts, jersey hoodies, technical fleeces, and so on, and comes with an extremely-frills price tag of $9,000.
As we’ve been reminded time and time again, fashion is profoundly subjective. Having said that, it seems just a bit silly to pay a small fortune for a lewk—as one person put it—that you can create for under $100 at your local neighborhood thrift shop.
Having said that, more than a few people took one look at the garment and made a not super unreasonable comparison to someone else who was misunderstood for his fashion sense.
Balenciaga’s inspiration for their new $8000 coat... pic.twitter.com/hVLa3hBYjP— Charlotte Illidge (@c_illidge) August 29, 2018
“Here it is buddy boy, you hid my clothes, im wearing everything you own! Look at me, im chandler, could i BE wearing anymore clothes?”— Man With The Voice (@NOELonPC) August 29, 2018
-Joey Tribbiani https://t.co/zMvHqEawXO
This meme actually came from the season three, episode two of Friends called “The One Where No One’s Ready,”in which Joey puts on all of Chandler’s clothes to get back at him for hiding his underwear.
But between Joey Tribbiani inadvertently designing high fashion from the year 1996 and Ross somehow coming up with the plot of the Black Mirror episode “San Junipero,” maybe the gang’s soothsaying skills don’t get nearly enough recognition.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.