- Grindr pulls an ‘I don’t know her’ after Eminem suggests he uses the app 2 Years Ago
- Here are the top 10 most popular Instagram models in 2020 2 Years Ago
- ‘The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ takes its characters on a fantasy adventure to Hell in season 3 Today 11:37 AM
- Woman no longer in sorority, school after racist MLK post Today 10:45 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Miss Americana’ starts to deconstruct the myth of Taylor Swift Today 10:32 AM
- Teens charged with attempted arson after participating in TikTok ‘outlet challenge’ Today 8:56 AM
- ‘American Dirt’ is a metaphor for a white country built on the back of immigrants Today 6:00 AM
- This woman told two students to ‘speak English’ and people are not having it Friday 9:53 PM
- Iconic 1968 drag documentary ‘The Queen’ finally released on Netflix Friday 9:29 PM
- This TikTok account for Chancellor Palpatine is hilarious Friday 8:43 PM
- Did the Space Force logo rip off Star Trek? Friday 6:24 PM
- Disabled people with service dogs say Uber, Lyft drivers are denying them rides Friday 3:25 PM
- TikTok teen famous for greasy hair ends her 8-year reign Friday 2:48 PM
- Police handcuff brown man at subway station for carrying a toy gun Friday 1:20 PM
- Fake clip of Sanders quoting infamous ‘hot chip’ tweet is duping people online Friday 1:16 PM
The second half of Star Trek: Discovery‘s first season begins on Sunday, Jan. 7, in the U.S. and Canada, and Monday, Jan. 8, everywhere else. Unlike previous Star Trek shows, this one won’t be airing on network TV. So, where can you watch it?
How to watch Star Trek: Discovery
How to watch Star Trek: Discovery in the U.S.
To the displeasure of many American fans, Discovery is only available on CBS All Access in the U.S. This is CBS’s online streaming service, and it costs $5.99 per month with commercials or $9.99 per month without commercials. New episodes will appear weekly on All Access for the final six episodes of season 1.
On Jan. 4, Amazon announced that it added CBS All Access as a subscription service for Amazon Prime members. It won’t save you any money, but watching through Amazon might be more convenient than using the CBS All Access app. While Amazon has offered premium channel subscriptions like Starz and HBO for some time, CBS All Access is its first streaming service for local broadcast TV.
Right now Amazon is offering only the ad-free $9.99 tier of the channel, but Variety reports it will add the $5.99 option later.
How to watch Star Trek: Discovery in Canada
In Canada, new Star Trek: Discovery episodes will air weekly on the sci-fi channels Space (in English) and Z (in French). Online streamers can watch on CraveTV.
How to watch Star Trek: Discovery internationally
International viewers can see new episodes on Netflix “within 24 hours” of the U.S. release. Netflix will distribute Discovery to 188 countries, so it’s a simple matter of searching “Star Trek: Discovery” on your Netflix account to make sure it’s listed in your country. The show will arrive at 9am CET on Netflix, just a few hours after it airs in the U.S.
System error: launch time is set for 8am BST / 9am CET.— Star Trek: Discovery (@StarTrekNetflix) September 22, 2017
If you’re an American who wants to dodge that CBS All Access charge by accessing foreign Netflix through a proxy, you may want to reconsider. Netflix recently updated the site to block international proxies, so it’s harder to cheat the system.
- 9 Klingon episodes to watch on Netflix before Star Trek: Discovery
- Everything we know about Star Trek: Discovery so far
- What you need to know about Klingon culture before ‘Star Trek: Discovery’
CBS, meanwhile, is doing its level best to make sure no spoilers leak out—and to force people to sign up for All Access.
Editor’s note: This article is regularly updated for relevance.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor