- Man dragged for recording, posting video of neighbor being ‘killed’ instead of helping Saturday 4:14 PM
- How to stream Saints vs. Bears in Week 7 Saturday 3:25 PM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Ravens in Week 7 Saturday 3:25 PM
- Are TikTok teens throwing up gang signs in their videos? Saturday 2:45 PM
- Anti-impeachment protesters believe ‘deep state’ tried to sabotage rally Saturday 12:51 PM
- How to stream 49ers vs. Redskins in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Cardinals vs. Giants in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Raiders in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Vikings vs. Lions in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Rams vs. Falcons in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- Billie Eilish fans think they figured out who stole her ring Saturday 11:32 AM
- ‘Give me candy’: Hailey Bieber mocked for defense of celebrating Halloween as a Christian Saturday 10:28 AM
- Aaron Paul predicted Jesse Pinkman’s fate on Reddit years ago Saturday 8:53 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Eli’ is a satisfyingly nasty blend of haunted houses and medical horror Saturday 7:00 AM
- Why 8chan’s founder is fighting to keep the infamous message board dead Saturday 6:30 AM
Robert Pattinson’s caped crusader might finally have a formative ally on his side and a villain to face off against.
Dual reports emerged Monday evening revealing two potential key casting choices in the Matt Reeves-directed The Batman. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Westworld star Jeffrey Wright is in talks to play Gotham City Commissioner James Gordon, who often (albeit reluctantly) works alongside Batman.
We’ve seen several iterations of Gordon in Batman-centric movies and TV shows over the years, including Gary Oldman in the Dark Knight trilogy, J.K. Simmons in Justice League, Pat Hingle in four different Batman movies (Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, and Batman and Robin), and Ben McKenzie in Gotham.
Prior to those reports, Wright shared Reeves’ Batman Day post on Twitter, which is now getting much more traction now that he’s likely joining the cast of Reeves’ film.
Meanwhile, Jonah Hill’s role in The Batman is both much less certain and much more secretive. Variety is reporting that producers have been looking at Hill for a role in the film even before Pattison was cast and that negotiations are still in progress. While we’re no closer to learning who Hill will portray, he will reportedly play a villain.
As for which villain? An earlier report indicated that Reeves’ script is “rumored to have at least two villains, the Penguin being one of them,” and with Hill’s casting, some fans believe it’s the most likely role; the Penguin hasn’t appeared in a Batman movie since 1992’s Batman Returns. Another popular potential villain role that fans believe Hill has been cast in is the Riddler, who was last seen in Batman and Robin.
The Batman is set to be released on June 25, 2021.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.