- Milo Yiannopoulos receives lifetime ban from furry convention Monday 7:49 PM
- Snapchat just made all political ads purchased publicly available Monday 6:12 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Borussia Dortmund in Champions League action Monday 5:39 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Napoli in Champions League action Monday 5:19 PM
- How to make real money with Amazon’s Mechanical Turk Monday 5:03 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Valencia in the Champions League group stage Monday 4:47 PM
- ‘SNL’ fires Shane Gillis for racist, homophobic comments Monday 4:41 PM
- Ben Shapiro wants accusers to describe Brett Kavanaugh’s penis Monday 4:30 PM
- Twitch suspends streamer for wearing Chun-Li cosplay Monday 4:11 PM
- Report: 8 years of Trump tax returns subpoenaed by prosecutors Monday 3:45 PM
- Netflix lands exclusive streaming rights to ‘Seinfeld’ Monday 3:34 PM
- Jenny Slate sets first comedy special at Netflix Monday 3:05 PM
- #EndSmearFear is aiming to save lives Monday 2:54 PM
- Netflix ‘Living With Yourself’ trailer offers a double dose of Paul Rudd Monday 2:07 PM
- How to stream the 2019-20 UEFA Champions League Monday 2:04 PM
The first trailer for Avengers: Endgame dropped this morning, and fans are busy analyzing each scene carefully. In the 2-minute-and-25-second teaser, we see the remaining members of the Avengers—those who survived Thanos’ snap that erased half of the population—mouring the loss of several friends. One scene, though, stood out to several people on Twitter: a graphic that shows Shuri, T’Challa’s tech wiz sister, as “missing.”
Earlier this year, the Russo Brothers, who directed both Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame, refused to confirm whether or not Shuri was turned to dust. Angela Bassett, who played Shuri’s mother Ramonda in this year’s Black Panther, said in an interview that she believed Shuri survived. But the graphic in the trailer shows otherwise.
The teaser trailer, of course, could be intentionally misleading fans. For all we know, Shuri is alive. But that didn’t stop people on Twitter from freaking out at the possibility that the beloved character was gone.
SHURI’S FACE IS THERE AND THEN SWITCHES TO PETER’S FACE. YA’LL SHURI DIED IN THE SNAP????? pic.twitter.com/R5A7YIbwdF— merry CHRISmas (@marvelunsolved) December 7, 2018
SHURI DIDNT SURVIVE THE SNAP pic.twitter.com/5Fu2rRf0Ga— jerry (@tonydaisyy) December 7, 2018
-tony is on the verge of dying in a spaceship all by himself— gabi (@harleivy) December 7, 2018
-thor blames himself for the death of literally half the universe
-shuri is gone
-hawkeye has turned into a merciless killer after his family most likely died with the snap
i'm NOT ready for this movie #AvengersEndGame pic.twitter.com/g5mtjM0mjU
WHY IS SHURI UP THERE 911- pic.twitter.com/agRFXtcrS8— birthday kate (@gloomboyloki) December 7, 2018
THE RUSSOS BETTER FUCKING EXPLAIN THEMSLEVES WHY THE FUCK DID SHURI DIE WHAT THE FUCK pic.twitter.com/m0JHkzvRvv— cal (@tomothyholland) December 7, 2018
Scott Lang, aka Ant-Man, is also shown as “missing” in the same graphic in the trailer, but he returns at the very end of the trailer. So maybe that means Shuri is just missing as well, and not actually gone. We’ll have to wait until April 26 to find out.
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.