- Hasan Minhaj explains why your internet sucks in ‘Patriot Act’ episode, puts it on DVD Monday 8:41 PM
- Hackers got control of Dylan Sprouse’s Twitter account, posted offensive content Monday 7:38 PM
- Twitch is suing the trolls who flooded the platform with porn and Christchurch shooting footage Monday 6:55 PM
- Cat filter turns Pakistani politicians’ press conference into frisky business Monday 6:12 PM
- Couple calls for boycott of dog walker app Wag! after their dog was abducted Monday 5:07 PM
- Trump gets banned from SeekingArrangement because he’s not a ‘real sugar daddy’ Monday 4:17 PM
- InfoWars accidentally sent child porn to lawyers representing Sandy Hook parents Monday 4:12 PM
- Sticker warns men changing diapers about ‘feminization of the American male’ Monday 4:10 PM
- The genius way Genius caught Google allegedly stealing lyrics Monday 3:03 PM
- This bubble tea challenge is a balancing act Monday 2:15 PM
- Laura Dern gifts the internet with more ‘Big Little Lies’ memes Monday 1:54 PM
- The Stonks meme is back—and it’s weirder than ever Monday 1:27 PM
- Video shows officer threatening to shoot pregnant Black woman in front of her children Monday 1:12 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Leila’ tells a familiar dystopian horror story Monday 12:37 PM
- O.J. Simpson says in Twitter video that he never slept with Kris Jenner Monday 12:06 PM
Quit playing games with our hearts.
The first trailer for Avengers: Endgame dropped this morning, and fans are busy analyzing each scene carefully. In the 2-minute-and-25-second teaser, we see the remaining members of the Avengers—those who survived Thanos’ snap that erased half of the population—mouring the loss of several friends. One scene, though, stood out to several people on Twitter: a graphic that shows Shuri, T’Challa’s tech wiz sister, as “missing.”
Earlier this year, the Russo Brothers, who directed both Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame, refused to confirm whether or not Shuri was turned to dust. Angela Bassett, who played Shuri’s mother Ramonda in this year’s Black Panther, said in an interview that she believed Shuri survived. But the graphic in the trailer shows otherwise.
The teaser trailer, of course, could be intentionally misleading fans. For all we know, Shuri is alive. But that didn’t stop people on Twitter from freaking out at the possibility that the beloved character was gone.
SHURI’S FACE IS THERE AND THEN SWITCHES TO PETER’S FACE. YA’LL SHURI DIED IN THE SNAP????? pic.twitter.com/R5A7YIbwdF
— merry CHRISmas (@marvelunsolved) December 7, 2018
SHURI DIDNT SURVIVE THE SNAP pic.twitter.com/5Fu2rRf0Ga
— jerry (@tonydaisyy) December 7, 2018
-tony is on the verge of dying in a spaceship all by himself
-thor blames himself for the death of literally half the universe
-shuri is gone
-hawkeye has turned into a merciless killer after his family most likely died with the snap
— gabi (@harleivy) December 7, 2018
WHY IS SHURI UP THERE 911- pic.twitter.com/agRFXtcrS8
— birthday kate (@gloomboyloki) December 7, 2018
THE RUSSOS BETTER FUCKING EXPLAIN THEMSLEVES WHY THE FUCK DID SHURI DIE WHAT THE FUCK pic.twitter.com/m0JHkzvRvv
— cal (@tomothyholland) December 7, 2018
— ℐ (@cosmiqueer) December 7, 2018
— Holly (@Hollykach00) December 7, 2018
Scott Lang, aka Ant-Man, is also shown as “missing” in the same graphic in the trailer, but he returns at the very end of the trailer. So maybe that means Shuri is just missing as well, and not actually gone. We’ll have to wait until April 26 to find out.
— Russo Brothers (@Russo_Brothers) December 7, 2018
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.