- Lawsuit alleges YouTube’s unboxing videos are ‘abusive’ ads aimed at kids Sunday 3:48 PM
- Dr. Dre shades Lori Loughlin with Instagram flex about his daughter getting into USC Sunday 3:13 PM
- University of Georgia frat’s racist Snapchat video draws campus outrage Sunday 1:21 PM
- Facing criticism for eating fish, vegan YouTube star Rawvana speaks out Sunday 10:47 AM
- Arnold Schwarzenegger chases mini-pony in new TikTok video Sunday 9:19 AM
- Review: ‘Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice’ is a cut above the rest Sunday 8:00 AM
- Where do 2020 Democratic candidates stand on healthcare? Sunday 7:30 AM
- How to (legally) stream live TV on Kodi Sunday 7:00 AM
- ‘Delhi Crime’ tackles inequality and women’s rights Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 STP 500 at Martinsville Speedway for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets ‘canceled’ over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
Angela Bassett says these 2 Marvel fan favorites survived’ Avengers: Infinity War’
The end of Avengers: Infinity War wiped out half the universe as we knew it (even the animals didn’t escape unscathed), but with so many characters in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, we’re still learning their fates several months later. Now we know that two fan favorites made the cut.
Up until now, the fate of Shuri, T’Challa’s scientist younger sister, had been unknown. The last time we saw her, she fought off one of Thanos’ henchmen attempting to reach Vision, and after Thanos’ snap, we didn’t return to her lab. And even after Infinity War had been out for a while, the Russo Brothers refused to say whether she survived; Joe Russo called her fate a “Spoiler.”
Angela Bassett, who played T’Challa and Shuri’s mother Ramonda in Black Panther (but who wasn’t in Infinity War) is now weighing in on the outcome of Thanos’ snap. In an interview with Screenrant, Bassett weighed in on whether she believed that Ramonda was among those who turned to dust as a result of Thanos obtaining the Infinity Stones.
“No,” Bassett said. “Neither did my daughter. Shuri, she’s a bright girl there in Wakanda. So…”
It’s possible that Bassett is just voicing what she believed happened at the end of Infinity War as opposed to giving away what actually happens. But it would make sense if they did survive. We don’t know how everything will play out—although we presume that T’Challa will somehow return—but in the midst of all that chaos, Wakanda will need a new ruler. Even if that’s not what she envisioned for herself, Shuri, as T’Challa’s heir, might just be the right person to do that.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.