- Minions memes are more popular than the far-right on Telegram 10 Months Ago
- ‘Best of Nextdoor’ reveals the true insanity of modern life 10 Months Ago
- How to watch ‘Jeopardy’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- There’s a water bottle hiding in the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Today 6:46 AM
- What happens to Disney’s Loki TV series after ‘Avengers: Endgame’? Today 6:30 AM
- Brienne writing Jaime’s history is the best meme from the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Today 6:25 AM
- How to stream live TV on PlayStation 4 Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Disney XD online for free Today 5:30 AM
- Who survived the ‘Game of Thrones’ series finale? Sunday 10:21 PM
- Justin Bieber fans are damaging one of Iceland’s top tourist spots Sunday 1:28 PM
- James Charles drops 41-minute response video to Tati Westbrook’s accusations Sunday 1:15 PM
- Watch what happens when this Twitch streamer quits his job on camera Sunday 12:25 PM
- Men are finally sharing their abortion stories Sunday 10:58 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Maria’ is a trigger-happy B-movie Sunday 9:07 AM
- How to stream Money in the Bank 2019 for free Sunday 9:00 AM
Angela Bassett says these 2 Marvel fan favorites survived’ Avengers: Infinity War’
The end of Avengers: Infinity War wiped out half the universe as we knew it (even the animals didn’t escape unscathed), but with so many characters in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, we’re still learning their fates several months later. Now we know that two fan favorites made the cut.
Up until now, the fate of Shuri, T’Challa’s scientist younger sister, had been unknown. The last time we saw her, she fought off one of Thanos’ henchmen attempting to reach Vision, and after Thanos’ snap, we didn’t return to her lab. And even after Infinity War had been out for a while, the Russo Brothers refused to say whether she survived; Joe Russo called her fate a “Spoiler.”
Angela Bassett, who played T’Challa and Shuri’s mother Ramonda in Black Panther (but who wasn’t in Infinity War) is now weighing in on the outcome of Thanos’ snap. In an interview with Screenrant, Bassett weighed in on whether she believed that Ramonda was among those who turned to dust as a result of Thanos obtaining the Infinity Stones.
“No,” Bassett said. “Neither did my daughter. Shuri, she’s a bright girl there in Wakanda. So…”
It’s possible that Bassett is just voicing what she believed happened at the end of Infinity War as opposed to giving away what actually happens. But it would make sense if they did survive. We don’t know how everything will play out—although we presume that T’Challa will somehow return—but in the midst of all that chaos, Wakanda will need a new ruler. Even if that’s not what she envisioned for herself, Shuri, as T’Challa’s heir, might just be the right person to do that.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.