- A lonely grandma sought family to spend Christmas with on Craigslist Saturday 5:45 PM
- Airbnb bans white supremacists tied to Iron March forum Saturday 5:07 PM
- Did a Twitter user really get tricked into naming baby ‘Jack Ingof’? Saturday 4:46 PM
- State of emergency declared in New Orleans following ‘cyberattack’ Saturday 4:12 PM
- Video shows boy getting beat up–mom says it’s because he wore MAGA hat Saturday 3:54 PM
- Billboard changing albums chart to count YouTube streams Saturday 2:43 PM
- TikTok’s 20 most popular songs of 2019 Saturday 2:14 PM
- Greek gods memes are flooding Reddit thanks to TV reboot rumors Saturday 1:47 PM
- Anti-impeachment protesters aimlessly fumble through halls of Congress Saturday 12:54 PM
- Everything we know so far about the Xbox Series X Saturday 12:17 PM
- ASMR YouTuber Life with MaK says she was branded a ‘Nazi’ by online smear campaign Saturday 10:46 AM
- Voters duped by fake ex-Bloomberg intern’s tweet about being fired Saturday 9:47 AM
- HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ and the fantasy of competence Saturday 8:00 AM
- Cómo ver Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington en el UFC 245 Saturday 7:00 AM
- ‘Penis fish’ memes erupt after worms wash up on California coast Friday 5:58 PM
Ryan Reynolds confirmed for the ‘Deadpool’ movie
He’s reprising the role he originated in X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
The Merc with a Mouth officially has a face behind it.
Ryan Reynolds, who played Deadpool in X-Men Origins: Wolverine and reprised his role for the Deadpool test footage that leaked over the summer, is stepping back into Deadpool’s suit for the movie fans have been clamoring for for years.
He confirmed the news with a tweet that Wade Wilson would be proud of: With plenty of bullets.
Deadpool writer and producer Rhett Reese also took to Twitter to confirm the news, if Reynolds’ proclamation of “Chimichanga Time” wasn’t clear enough for fans.
According to Deadline, production for Deadpool begins in March 2015 for a 2016 release.
Photo via Chris Jackson/Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.