- How to stream Barcelona vs. Slavia Praha in the Champions League 4 Years Ago
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Ajax in the Champions League Today 1:00 AM
- People are using #WheresLindsey to criticize Graham over Trump ‘lynching’ defense Tuesday 8:22 PM
- 2 Proud Boys sentenced to 4 years in prison for attacking antifa protesters Tuesday 7:20 PM
- Paul Joseph Watson is very upset by bartender serving beer with her butt Tuesday 6:24 PM
- Twitter developing a policy to combat deepfakes Tuesday 5:28 PM
- The Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal bout at UFC 244 is perfect for NYC and its fight mecca Tuesday 5:27 PM
- Alexis Bledel named most dangerous online celebrity Tuesday 5:02 PM
- Kylie Jenner trademarks ‘rise and shine’ after meme success Tuesday 4:50 PM
- ‘Watchmen’ website expands what you know about its alt-history Tuesday 4:31 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 8: Mark Walton szn Tuesday 4:26 PM
- Venmo’s first-ever credit card to launch in 2020 Tuesday 3:46 PM
- Wet Kylo Ren may turn everyone to the dark side Tuesday 3:15 PM
- Man allegedly targeted trans women on dating app, robbed them at knifepoint Tuesday 3:02 PM
- Researchers expose how Amazon Echo and Google Home can steal passwords Tuesday 2:47 PM
This is what happens when you get Witcher 3 to run on an old laptop
The Low Spec Gamer tries to get The Witcher 3 running on his old laptop.
The Witcher 3 is one of the most beautiful games to come out this console generation, especially if you own it on a high-end gaming PC. The foliage, water, sun, and non-player characters make up an incredibly engrossing world that fans continue to fawn over. But what if you don’t own a expensive high-end gaming rig? Would it still be possible to get the game running? Well, the Low Spec Gamer tried to find out just that.
The Low Spec Gamer had to pull out all the stops just to get the game running at an acceptable 25-30 frames-per-second. It included changing the resolution, turning off all textures, keeping shadows to an absolute minimum, and putting draw distance to near zero. It looks like as if he’s running this game on a PlayStation 2.
Obviously this isn’t the most ideal way to play The Witcher 3, but it’s entertaining to watch nonetheless.
Imad Khan is a gaming and esports reporter. His work has been featured on Digital Trends and ESPN.