- The glorious highs and unexpected quirks of 4K streaming 4 Years Ago
- Southwest Airlines passengers receive free Nintendo Switch consoles and Mario Maker 2 Wednesday 9:10 PM
- The Deplorable Choir drops diss track aimed at 4 congresswomen from Trump’s racist tweets Wednesday 8:09 PM
- Florida city is pushing homeless people out by playing ‘Baby Shark’ on a loop Wednesday 7:27 PM
- A ‘Gossip Girl’ reboot is coming to HBO Max–and fans are not happy with the casting details Wednesday 6:44 PM
- Beto can’t leverage his slave owner ancestry to gain Black voters’ trust Wednesday 5:51 PM
- Oakland to become the third U.S. city to ban facial recognition Wednesday 5:50 PM
- ‘Release the Snyder Cut’ billboards pop up outside of San Diego Comic-Con Wednesday 5:24 PM
- Iggy Azalea and Peppa Pig have an epic Twitter fight Wednesday 4:39 PM
- Should you be concerned about your privacy on FaceApp? Wednesday 4:15 PM
- Google ‘terminates’ Dragonfly, its censored search engine for China Wednesday 3:33 PM
- AOC rips Facebook during Libra House hearing Wednesday 3:14 PM
- The time traveler conversation meme finds its way to TikTok Wednesday 2:52 PM
- Grimes claims she had an ‘experimental’ eye surgery and practices sword fighting Wednesday 2:42 PM
- 70 Border Patrol employees under investigation for posts in secret Facebook group Wednesday 1:45 PM
Reminisce about ‘The Lizzie Bennet Diaries’ with this hilarious new blooper reel
Can you believe it’s almost been three years since the Bennet sisters re-invaded our lives?
Few retellings of Jane Austen‘s Pride and Prejudice have been more successful than the Emmy-winning webseries The Lizzie Bennet Diaries. Now, almost two and a half years after the series began, the beloved YouTube hit is giving us a peek behind the scenes.
Pemberley Digital, the fictional-media-company-turned-actual-media-company at the center of the Lizzie Bennet universe, uploaded a blooper reel on Wednesday that transported us back to the days of the Bennet sisters, the stodgy but endearing William Darcy, and the rotating cast of characters who shared their lives with us through Lizzie’s vlog.
The Diaries ran from April 2012 to March 2013, raised nearly $270,000 in Kickstarter funds after ending, and nabbed an Emmy for best transmedia production. The production company went on to air two more Austen adaptations, Welcome to Sanditon and Emma Approved, as well as an adaptation of Frankenstein in collaboration with PBS Digital Media.
These days, the main Pemberley Digital channel is busy with its latest adaptation, a vlog retelling of Little Women called The March Family Letters. But on Wednesday, Pemberley Digital 2, which has been airing numerous behind-the-scenes videos from some of its other productions, took us back to the start.
You can also see a previous blooper reel shared by series co-producer Hank Green in 2012, a few months into the series’ run. Our favorite moment from this latest reel? Probably the little interaction between Caroline and Lizzie.
If only “I’m gonna bang him so hard!” had made it into the final version.
Screengrab via Pemberley Digital 2/YouTube
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.