- How tall is Michael Bloomberg? 2 Years Ago
- The ’24 hours to respond’ meme holds celebrities to a higher standard Monday 8:46 PM
- Twitter users miss the kids who walked in on their dad’s interview Monday 8:40 PM
- ‘The Thing About Men’ Twitter hashtag is full of sarcasm and misogyny Monday 7:27 PM
- This woman said Hillary Clinton losing the 2016 election gave her PTSD, and people are furious Monday 6:45 PM
- Vanessa Bryant files a lawsuit against helicopter company after deaths of Kobe and Gianna Monday 5:49 PM
- Michael Jordan cries at Kobe Bryant memorial, jokes about creating a new meme Monday 4:43 PM
- Woman’s boyfriend says it’s him or the frogs—Reddit says choose the frogs Monday 4:22 PM
- Greyhound buses will no longer allow Border Patrol checks Monday 4:04 PM
- ‘Eat Them To Defeat Them’ is oddly about vegetables—not about eating the rich Monday 3:26 PM
- Marco Rubio mocked for filming talking while driving socialism critique Monday 2:54 PM
- QAnon believer asks Trump’s campaign press secretary who Q is Monday 2:36 PM
- Octavia Spencer has discovered ‘Ma’ memes—and she can’t get enough Monday 2:09 PM
- Meet the anti-Greta Thunberg, a climate ‘skeptic’ funded by the oil industry Monday 1:12 PM
- Harvey Weinstein convicted of rape and sexual assault Monday 12:56 PM
Thought you were free from Terminator movies? Think again. There’s another one in the works, and the good news is, it stars Linda Hamilton.
Terminator‘s original Sarah Connor will return after more than 25 years, James Cameron announced this week.
“There are 50-year-old, 60-year-old guys out there killing bad guys,” said Cameron.“But there isn’t an example of that for women.” (Sigourney Weaver and Helen Mirren would probably disagree with this statement, but he does have a point. Older women are sorely underrepresented in action movies.)
The upcoming Terminator installment originates from an idea by Cameron, polished by a writing team of four men, including Batman v Superman‘s David Goyer. Apparently, James Cameron’s feminist credentials don’t stretch to hiring a woman to write Sarah Connor’s comeback.
Since Cameron is busy making Avatar sequels, he’s only onboard as a producer. The movie will be directed by Deadpool‘s Tim Miller, co-starring Arnold Schwarzenegger and a young female lead. This new character (who has not yet been cast) is expected to continue the franchise into a new era, with Schwarzenegger and Hamilton passing the baton in this installment.
H/T the Hollywood Reporter
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor